It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out My Personal Space Before I....!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

oh cmon, you gotta admit this post was extremely silly, shes probably just tryin to be polite and talk to ya!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by corvuscorrax

haha yea true that, i haven't been on many a bus but that is usually the case, either way though, that is the problem, people cannot open up with one another, but that is exactly what they should be doing, we are all the same, #!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
this whole thread is honestly so silly to me, I aint trying to offend anyone but you guys are actually thinking of reasons to avoid people who you may be able to teach and/or learn from! trust me i completely understand it, i am very very shy myself, but at some point you gotta realize how silly it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
don't get me wrong, it is completely understandable and sometimes necessary to wan't your own personal space, but to make an entire thread about it, it just seems to me so obvious that you wan't some type of attention. so who cares where you get it from?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think people need to be perceptive and read other people's body language when you find yourself in close proximity to others. She had her bag in that space, that should have told this other person she didn't want to sit next to anyone if possible.

I felt terrible on a recent trip I took on a full 6 hour flight back east.....I had no choice but to sit next to a couple with a toddler, I new exactly what that Mommy was thinking, "damm, now this kid will need to be on my lap for 6 hours! " Been there when mine was little. Thankfully we were all friendly, I like kids, we all went to sleep, with his little feet on my lap, I didn't care, and at some point his parents didn't either, we were all exhausted. Airplanes are really wierd in that way, you have no choice but to packed in like sardines, and if your unlucky enough to sit by a large person thier body will most likely touch yours....uncomfortable.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You could of asked her out of curiosity hy did you sit next to me. Probably is anything shes just curious and wanted a closer took at you. Buses suck really, but hey its public transport and cant expect much.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think the problem might be because you're putting your bag on the empty aisle seat, some people will look at that and think who do you think you are taking up two seats and decide to sit there to piss you off.

You would be better off putting your bag in the window seat and sitting in the aisle seat to make it difficult for them.

If I were you'd I 'd say excuse me then get up and sit in another seat.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I have the opposite problem to you Sinny. I am quite a big bloke and despite being a huge softie who would never dream of being aggressive, all my friends and family laugh about how mean and scary I look. This means that no one wants to sit in the empty seat beside me! This is great on trains and coaches and very funny on planes when the passenger realises they have to sit beside me, they always double check their ticket and give that "Oh crud" look!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
LIES, there are never any empty seats on trains these days. Even when you reserve them some #er ends up plonked in it. The sheer amount of times people are left to stand up for a whole journey because someone prefers their *personal space* is pathetic. Grow up, she may possibly have been trying to be a decent traveller and not some spoilt numpty who expects to luxuriate over two seats instead of the one they pay for.

Deal with it....

You want personal space upgrade to first class, if you are slumming it with the rest of us plebs in the cattle truck you'll just have to like it or lump it.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Btw the OP is a member of the black T shirt brigade (Psuedo Satanist) i believe? Does that factor into it. I mean the black T is like a magnet for born saviour agains isnt it?

edit on 3-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I find when I don't want to talk to people or people are attempting to get too close I make the scene awkward. I don't want to go into detail as members may think less of me then haha....but I have a few tricks. Although this can backfire and make people more interested in you.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Doubtful anyone on British transport would God bother anyone, besides everyones too busy praying for the excruciating agony of the journey to end so you actually get some circulation back into your legs.

I know I'm ranting myself now, but the sheer agrivation of paying over 100 quid for two seats and having to suffer two trains on a 3 hour journey without even managing to perch one buttock on a seat just makes you want to headbutt anyone who thinks their handbag is worthy of it's own seat.

/Basil Faulty rant off.
edit on 3-10-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

Anyway, time for her to suffer, I hope she likes Heavy Metal! Aha.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

that's exactly what i do, pull out your earphone on that side so the music is louder and just play something heavy, lol good times on public transportation

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Why do people insist on sitting next to me on public transport?!

Because it's PUBLIC! It's not your train, and it's rude for you to take up 2 seats! She can sit in any open seat she wants, and you can't do anything about it. Stop taking the train if you don't want to be around people.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Don't sit on the window side. Choose an Aisle seat and put your bag beside the window

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sure, if it's a crowded bus, train, etc......you need to be thoughtful to others....and sometimes it's cool to meet and talk to strangers........But, she wasn't in the mood, and there were plenty of other seats according to her....so why would anyone move her bag and sit right next to her....I think it was wierd....depending on my mood, I might of just said, " WTH is wrong with you? "....and I am normally pretty friendly...but that might have pushed my buttons...I'm with the OP on this one.....

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I would of just got up and move to another position in Bus. There are always alternatives.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Maybe people like you??? At least people do not feel comfortable enough to tell you their life story and all of their problems just because you said a polite hello to them.

Good thing i have the talent of zoning out like mr mole

Try smelling bad... that usually gets me moving a way from someone. Other than that it is all your fault for being so approachable.

edit on 3-10-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Move away seeing the bus was empty. Problem solved.

So many things could be solved with humility, it is mind blowing that no one uses it anymore.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Oh my God.

Yes.

F&@# yes.

You are awesome.

I have the same problem with stupid people, in school, on buses, @#%ing EVERYWHERE! "Oh, look at that raggedy little goth teenager. One day, she'll grow up and get some respect for herself. Since I'm stuffy and old, I don't respect her, she's just trash to me... I think I'll just throw her bag on the floor so I can sit there."

I do the EXACT SAME THING!

Blare some Disturbed!!!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join