It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out My Personal Space Before I....!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Why do people insist on sitting next to me on public transport?!

I can see at least 5 empty seats around me, currently sitting on the train from Manchester to Birmingham, and yet some silly, silly, stoopid woman, moves my bag, and plonks her self right next to me!

Now I'm sitting with my bag on my blooming lap, I've put off that trip to the loo to save the whole "excuse me" scenario, and now ill have to put off having a crunchy munchy, cuz I'm not very comfortable smashing my chops when someones ear hole is 4 inches away!

And its not just this occasion, its every blooming occasion! Have these people never heard of personal space?!

Anyway, time for her to suffer, I hope she likes Heavy Metal! Aha.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Hell Sinny! Who knows..........Maybe she thinks you are sexy!!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Sorry, that seat had the best view and I only moved your bag because you looked friendly!

In reality? One of two factors likely applied:

1) It was a "people person" who sat there hoping to strike up a conversation and make a friend.
2) It was one of those people who spend their entire lives just pushing buttons because they're empty and enjoy provocation.

Either way you have a defense system available. The second anyone does this, start having a conversation between yourself and an imaginary counterpart - playing both roles - outloud. And make it heated.

I TOLD YOU TO STOP TALKING TO ME!

Well, I just wanted to tell you that you're doing the wrong thing.

QUIT TRYING TO CONTROL ME. YOU KNOW THE OTHERS TOLD ME NOT TO TRUST YOU

But the others are liars.....

Trust me. 30 seconds later? Half the bus is yours.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

post by Sinny
Anyway, time for her to suffer, I hope she likes Heavy Metal! Aha.

Got any Pantera ... that will shift her

Your situation reminds me of this

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

You must, for the sake of irony, do everything in your power to become overly comfortable. Don't budge an inch; eat your food; play your music; win the day.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Sounds kinda like this scene!

edit on 2-10-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

As much as I can't stand people crowding me, I think what's even worse are "close talkers". Those people who have to be face-to-face in order to speak. I can't stand that! I'll seriously walk away from people when they do that.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I like ur style.

It makes me mad when people start talking to me for no good reason. (dicks)

They better not sit next to me unless they're sexy hot.

Crank the tunes......make 'em suffer for sitting beside you.

(it's called sheep.........baaa.)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

That's odd, here in america.. or at least where I'm from whenever I'm on a bus people make a point to sit as far away from others as possible.

Like there's times where I'd even kinda hope a semi-attractive girl would sit next to me... never happens lol
edit on 2-10-2012 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Your post reminds me of when I was a psych student in college back in the 1980s. They had us do an experiment concerning personal space, in which you'd be partnered up with another student and stand approximately 6 feet away from each other, and then take one step at a time towards each other, until one of us said "stop", meaning we had reached the limit of what our personal space bubble was, and any further ingress would be definitely uncomfortable.

Western cultures have a much larger space bubble of comfort than eastern cultures, who can be right up next to each other and not feel weird. My space bubble was much bigger than most in the class (due to my Asperger's, I think). When strangers get up in my space, I cannot handle it, and I will move in order to get back into my comfort zone.

Since there is no public transportation in this part of the country, I don't have to suffer with people getting too close, but I have noticed a similar issue with parking lots: You can park your car a mile away from everybody, and there's plenty of parking, but people will end up parking around you anyway (and often putting little dents in your doors). I think many people have a "herd" mentality and cannot abide being alone.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
One thing:

A can of skunk spray.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

The secrets of my success...for future reference...

Put your bag on the seat next to the window, and sit on the aisle seat...that way they have to ask you to move across.

Always, headphones and book. Be absorbed, oblivious to your surroundings, and NEVER make eye contact. That 'cut off' and they're not only going to have to ask you to move across, but they also first are going to have to get your attention...and you can get away with pretending not to hear them the first couple of times...most will give up, rather than shout.

Piece de resistence...take off your boots, and get comfy, just like you would in an armchair at home, curl with you legs under you. The conductor only minds if you put your feet on the seat shoes on, take them off, no complaint...and no one will want to sit next to you, because you may have sweaty smelly feet. But most won't want to disturb you, because it you look too settled, and we Brits, don't like to create that much fuss.

Never, ever fails. Trust me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
One thing:

A can of skunk spray.

Better than that.. Liquid Ass. Yes its a real product. Beware.. and be careful. I almost made my own self puke when I was playing a practical joke with this stuff.
www.gagsuperstore.com...

For me? I have a bubble and I rarely have had to enforce it. Close talkers annoy me.. especially their hot moist breath. The look on my face must convince them to retreat a little. You know.. that look of.. Im gonna vomit in your open mouth that wont stop babbling if you dont move back a few paces look.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Liquid ass?

On topic
Sinny
You could always have a little fun and pretend to have the plague.

edit on 2-10-2012 by Neysa because: Heff beat me to it

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin
reply to post by Sinny

The secrets of my success...for future reference...

Put your bag on the seat next to the window, and sit on the aisle seat...that way they have to ask you to move across.

Always, headphones and book. Be absorbed, oblivious to your surroundings, and NEVER make eye contact. That 'cut off' and they're not only going to have to ask you to move across, but they also first are going to have to get your attention...and you can get away with pretending not to hear them the first couple of times...most will give up, rather than shout.

Piece de resistence...take off your boots, and get comfy, just like you would in an armchair at home, curl with you legs under you. The conductor only minds if you put your feet on the seat shoes on, take them off, no complaint...and no one will want to sit next to you, because you may have sweaty smelly feet. But most won't want to disturb you, because it you look too settled, and we Brits, don't like to create that much fuss.

Never, ever fails. Trust me.

That is blooming awesome, and by far the best advice!! LOL

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I say munch away - louder than normal, if possible. Annoy the hell out of them. Eff em.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I hate people who invade personal space. Good post....
My problem is I have a giant handle bar mustache everyone wants to #ing touch it what the HELL? Or its the same with tattoos, people lifting up my shirts sleeves to see my tattoos it annoys the piss out of me.

Get out of my personal space, before I #ing smash your face!

Piss her off with some Thrash!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Why do these people think its acceptable to touch your bag? Wtf? Thats nuts.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
So if there are all these empty spots why not just move, inform the offending party that you like space and leave it at that? Perhaps you should work on your FU face. Blooming brill yah?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
sounds like you need a car.

I never have that problem, only people tailgating me in which case I turn up the bass and slow right down.

I agree with domo though, you could have just moved, that would make that lady feel awkward for sitting right there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join