It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible! Human Size Bat Caught In Peru

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Holy supersize Batman what species of flying rodent is that?

Tune in next week !

Saaaame bat channel !

Saaaame bat time !

The pic looks pretty damn real.
SnF on this OP.
edit on 2-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versus
Is the body the size of a 5 year old? I can't tell.

Vs.

More like an 8 year old.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hey!!! That's my cousin. Leave him alone!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think this is a fake as the soldiers are just walking around without bothering with it, and it doesn't look to me as if it is tied up at all. The ropes seem to part of the wooden structure holding the wood in place.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Read the thread people
It's perspective, not Dracula.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well I agree that the bat is not as large as the picture makes it seem.

I love bats and I wish this one was alive in any case

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I hope this NOT real. There is no way a creature can me that huge!! "The Cave" anybody?

If this is real, it better be genetic modified and escape some test facility because if not, that freaking horrific demon (j/k).

I have never ever heard of such an UGLY...........well you know the rest.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They aren't that big

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

No, it's quite clearly fake as none of the "giant" bat species live in this area, none of them attack people, and none are remotely close to this size even accounting for the optical illusion making it appear bigger than it is.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I dont scare easily, but that thing wouldve made me piss myself.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I think it just looks huge because it's being hung in the foreground of the picture.
It's probably normal sized.

Actually they are very large. Flying Foxes also live in Indonesia and Malaysia and eat fruit. I seriously doubt they've been attacking humans.
I was scared by one myself one night walking by a tree it must have been munching on. You can't help but think of Dracula when you see them flying in the light of a full moon!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The picture of the bat showing the soldiers is NOT in Peru. They don't look Peruvian at all. They look asian.

Similar bat pictures are circulating all over Facebook too and on those pictures you can see soldiers standing right next to the bat for size perspective.

My opinion.....fake.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
If you look up the worlds largest bat, they do get gigantic. Holy bat.. man

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

you say 4'10"-5'4" wingspan? With the comparision of the person standing under it it looks well over 12 ft easilly.
Not doubting it, awesome find just puttin pieces together.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

'Giant bat' in Philippines ruled out as fake by Oz expert Trish Wimberley

A leading bat expert says an image circulating on the internet of what appears to be an enormous bat found in the Philippines is a deceptive fake. Director of the Australian Bat Clinic, Trish Wimberley, said that while some species of bats can have wingspans that stretch up to 1.7m, no bat could grow to the size shown in the picture. She said the image was likely doctored or taken from a perspective to make the bat appear larger than it actually is. "You only need to look at the knife above the picture to see the proportion of the bat to the proportion of the knife," Ms Wimberley said. "It’s like when you catch a fish, if you hold it in front of you it looks gigantic." A species of bat known as the giant golden-crowned flying fox or golden-capped fruit bat is found in the Philippines and can grow a wingspan as large as 1.7m, but the animal that appears in the photo does not have golden coloured fur on its head. Ms Wemberley suggested the animal pictured could be a Malaysian flying fox, also known as the vampire bat, which can grow a wingspan of up to 1.5m. "If you’re lucky they can get to 1.1kg," Ms Wemberley said.

www.whatsontianjin.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
No matter what size it is, if it landed on your shoulder in a dark rainforest
we'd probably all scream like little girls.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Disappointed with the title. The Bat is no where near as large as a man (although the wingspan could be argued to be as long as a short one).

Perspective in the picture makes the bat look far larger than it actually is. Still, a very cool creature. Just too bad those thugs decided to kill it. Personally I would have fed it fruit, befriended it, trained it, and then turned it on my enemies.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Awe, poor guy. So cute though, would be awesome to have a couple living around here. Would keep those darn horny cats at bay!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
My first thought was is this where we get the image of 'DEMONS'. And as one poster put it, it does look like a gargoyle, which is equated to demons.

How we have been mislead through history of demons and and Angels.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I think it just looks huge because it's being hung in the foreground of the picture.
It's probably normal sized.

No the guy in front of the camera closest to us is about 2-3 feet away.

The Bat is hung another 4-5 feet in front of him ( farther away from camera ). This thing is about 4-5 feet tall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join