It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy-cot Meat, Tax payers Don't Bailout these Farmers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
We know once the beef prices go up they will never go back down

Been hearing this and that about meat prices going up on us, why in the hell should the public bail-out the farmers?

Don't they know "droughts" happen and that's the risk they take by being in that "risky" profession? They need to absorbed the loss, not us....

If a major car company had a massive recall they bite the bullet, they don't raise prices.

So these mufti-millionaire farmers can go suck it and I suggest we teach them a lesson by not purchasing a product that's already over priced.

Baby back ribs can rot in the store I don't give a fizzuck bro

edit on 1-10-2012 by Better Mouse Trap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me that a farmer trucked in a load of passed exp. date poptarts to feed their cattle!!!!!! POPTARTS!!!!!! OMG, I wanted to die when I heard that........

Yes the meat prices are so high, I am trying to convince my kids to go vegetarian, but they wont.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

Get them to watch this it might change their minds..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-10-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Been hearing this and that about meat prices going up on us, why in the hell should the public bail-out the farmers?

Ummmm, don't we all have to eat? We bailed out the banks didn't we? mmmmmmm, money tastes sooooo good!

Don't they know like "droughts" happen and that's the risk they take by being in that "risky" profession? They need to absorbed the loss, not us....

Your right! Droughts do happen and what happens to the food we eat the following year when 50% of the farmers who supplied our food the previous years are bankrupt and no longer available to feed us

If a major car company had a massive recall they bite the bullet, they don't raise prices.

Ever hear of General Motors?

So these mufti-millionaire farmers can go suck it and I suggest we teach them a lesson by not purchasing a product that's already over priced.

Are you talking about corporate (Monasanto) farmers? Because I sure as hell don't know any multi millionaire HONEST farmers........................................

Bottom line! You can't eat money, but yet our government bailed out the bankers!

You can't consume oil but yet our government subsidizes the big oil industries!

But we ALL sure as hell need to eat food and drink water to survive!!!!!

Are you a eugenicist?????

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

I'm pretty sure tax payers bail out farmers each and everyday, so to speak, via Gov't programs. Why in the world are you upset at farmers? I hope your even more upset with the Gov't, Big Bizness, and their Wall Street friends.

link   
That's why I'm so glad I have a local farmer that raises the cow for me.
Only place I can get T-bone steak at $2.00/lb.

link   
Folks, do not pin this crisis on the warm hearted farmers of our midwest. The fact is these droughts were manipulated with technology to yield this situation. It is a manipulation of our economy in the grand picture, but on a smaller scale it is weather modification that prevented rain. Manmade high pressure systems that would sit stagnant for weeks, chemical trails that destroyed clouds and prevented their formation, etc.

This was part of the plan to shift the wealth in this country on a large scale. This will bring poverty to much of the midwest as it is nearly entirely farmland.

Meat prices go up because there is no grain to feed the animals. Sadly most of the corn grown in the midwest feeds animals, and not humans.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i would rather have my tax money used to bail out farmers who provide us with the food we need to survive than to use it bailing out banksters who are just parasites.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
When I'm craving a nice juicy tender [Medium rare] steak I'll buy it.
Is that considered bailing out the farmers?

For the record I don't often eat red meat.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't need farmers and neither do you. I eat AIG stock for breakfast. And lunch, just boil some Lehman Bros shares in water and add some salt. Tastes fantastic I swear...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I hope your even more upset with the Gov't, Big Bizness, and their Wall Street friends.

Agreed,farmers feed cities.

I didn't want banks and carmakers bailed out,I agree with helping farmers,they have a shred more honesty than a bank or an auto maker that ignored their unions in the great depression.

OP you might want to review this link.
school.phippy.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I didn't want banks and carmakers bailed out,I agree with helping farmers,they have a shred more honesty than a bank or an auto maker that ignored their unions in the great depression.

The sad part of this whole mess is that many Cattlemen are being forced to buy some Monsanto created garbage to feed their stock too.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Being forced is the part I will respond to.
There is a reason they have to eventually take part....or go out of business.
Lobbyists...what can ya do?

Farmers get the short end of the stick it seems.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry

Anyone telling me I can't eat a steak or burger isn't going to happen.

I love steak, and I love Burgers and just cause someone throws the term "multimillionaire" farmer has no clue of just exactly what it takes to deliver.

So no thanks.

Gonna eat steak tonite.
edit on 1-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I saw a documentary a couple of years back where a cattlemen was feeding his cattle Monsanto garbage and his stock became less fertile and were not reproducing as much as normal. He had some old feed still around so he decided to do a controlled experiment with a small group.

The small control group became fertile within a very short amount of time.
edit on 1-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I look at it this way.
Regardless of if they have a "choice" or not,would you want the people who made agent orange for the Vietnam war messing with our food?

I would be more surprised if it was actually nutritious and "better" for us.
I am not surprised the controlled group was worse off.

On topic.
Bail out the farmers to keep them off Monsanto products.

I feel lucky that my butcher knows about all this and doesn't go that route when selling his meat.

edit on 1-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Anyone that wants to eat meat should get off their asses, get into the woods, and go back to your primal roots. Starting tomorrow I will be able to harvest and process enough free range venison (and bear) meat to sustain my family of three for a year.

Hamburgers, breakfast sausage, italian sausage (sweet and spicy), tenderloins, roasts, you name it, I have it. And it cost me the amount of a state license and arrow/bullet.

If you must eat beef, buy it local. I wouldn't trust the meat purchased at the major grocery stores.
edit on 1-10-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Going to eat large amounts of MEAT tonight based solely on your reply...

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Enjoy!!

new topics

top topics

join