It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hum of the ‘Fan’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think this statistic is misleading.

Most people like to sleep with a fan on, or some kind of white noise period.

One could also say something like; most people who are abducted have thought about aliens in the last day or two.

Oh noes. We're thinking about alienses right now.

Most that think they've been abducted by aliens are White, English speaking people living in a First World country.

That's interesting.

Why don't we hear more about Chinese people being abducted, or people in India, two of the most populous demographics on the planet?
China has 1.3 Billion People
India has 1.24 Billion People

Why don't we hear more about black people being abducted?
Other than the Hill case, it's almost unheard of for ethnically black people to experience abduction.

Do these even happen, or is this phenomenon fairly narrowly restricted to Caucasian, English speakers in first World countries?

Such statistics would seem to support the Psychological-Sociological explanation in regard to most all of the majority of reported claimed abduction.

edit on 1-10-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
After stumbling into some files at a certain place, I read that.

‘94% of all abductees can not go to sleep with out hearing the hum of a fan '

Is it true?

Do you need to go to sleep by the hum of the fan and if so, are you one that might believe you were abducted at one point in your life.

Out of all the files I read this was very interesting, just wanted to get some input on the authenticity
Of the file I…found.

If you dont believe that you were abducted,then why do you have insomnia,and why do you need to go to sleep with a fan in your ear?

edit on 1-10-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

This is kind of funny since I have a fan on in my room constantly. I have sleep paralisys on occasion. Interesting

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

You have expressed what you seem to declare as an established fact.
Can you refer us to a study of world abductee statistics?
I am very interested in reading actual research on this subject.

edit on 1-10-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

I never heard that I have to use my sleep mate electro hum noise machine to go to sleep. Also my huge computer helps with the white noise too.
I used to think I was an abductee, but I chalked it off as dreams and or drug use.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

Your the third or fourth person that keeps mentioning this white noise stuff...what is 'White Noise'?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

TextWhy don't we hear more about Chinese people being abducted, or people in India, two of the most populous demographics on the planet?

.To be very honest. China has major contact with USOs and so does India. India has had so much contact with them, that its really nothing out the extraordinary to the culture of India.

Always remember ,the USOs established them selves in the east, the triangle race of aliens established them selves in the middle east.

‘Follow the pyramids around the world, you will find out where the triangle pyramid had influenced the surroundings.

Follow the perfect carvings of stone in your history ,or worship of reptiles, sacrifices in history as a culture, you will find the reptilian USOs.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well.....what about those of us... that sleep to the buzz of the fridge!!?

edit on 1-10-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

White noise is a random signal (or process) with a flat power spectral density. In other words, the signal contains equal power within a fixed bandwidth at any center frequency. White noise draws its name from white light in which the power spectral density of the light is distributed over the visible band in such a way that the eye's three color receptors (cones) are approximately equally stimulated. In statistical sense, a time series rt is characterized as having weak white noise if [rt] is a sequence of serially uncorrelated random variables with zero mean and finite variance. Strong white noise also has the quality of being independent and identically distributed, which implies no autocorrelation. In particular, if rt is normally distributed with mean zero and standard deviation σ, the series is called a Gaussian white noise.[1]
An infinite-bandwidth white noise signal is a purely theoretical construction. The bandwidth of white noise is limited in practice by the mechanism of noise generation, by the transmission medium and by finite observation capabilities. A random signal is considered "white noise" if it is observed to have a flat spectrum over a medium's widest possible bandwidth.
-wikipedia on white noise.

Turn on a radio tune it on a no station and hear that annoying sound, or on a tv with an antenna but on a channel you don't get.

I always sleep with a fan on, most people do. Aliens are not visiting, they have better things to do. Delusions in society are common, just look at religion. This is nothing more than the same mentality of thinking you are doing gods work or something along those lines, a feeling to be needed rather than just some nobody. It is most common in developed nations, higher in males and anti social individuals. Fantasy and growing up on television can also break the line between reality and fiction. So to some they may believe they are abductees simply because it is either an emotional gateway (exictment of some sort) or they have schizophrenic tendencies and aren't able to tell when a memory is real or fake.

Aliens is just a stupid reason with no factual or logical evidence or reasoning behind it, people from the future are more likely to interfere with us than aliens, at least people from the future would actually gain something in value.rather then aliens traveling a long distance to # with some (pathetic) creatures, for nothing in return.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

After stumbling into some files at a certain place, I read that.

‘94% of all abductees can not go to sleep with out hearing the hum of a fan '

Is it true?

Do you need to go to sleep by the hum of the fan and if so, are you one that might believe you were abducted at one point in your life.

Out of all the files I read this was very interesting, just wanted to get some input on the authenticity
Of the file I…found.

If you dont believe that you were abducted,then why do you have insomnia,and why do you need to go to sleep with a fan in your ear?

I'm a little unsure about this,

Having the fan on just sounds like a self soothing behaviour that you'd see in many humans-you see it with infants, who'll fall asleep next to the washing machine, or when the hoover is on etc..

I love the sound of the fan at night, and my little boy who's 5 has insisted on the fan being on in his bedroom ever since he knew what a fan was. Sometimes a little background noise can cut out the clutter people have in their head after a tough day. Kind of like an interference effect.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I've never been abducted, but I'm addicted to the hum of the fan. I have since I was a child. It started when I was just a lil tot, and during the summer time my mother use to lay me down for my afternoon naps with the fan blowing full force across the bed. It was cool and I felt secure without a care in the world. A feeling of tranquility. That's what I am actually chancing when I now as a middle age man fall asleep to the hum of the fan no matter the season.

I'm also into Buddhist temple chants or mono tones. You know when the monks in the monastery go hummmmmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Or that our government is doing it

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yes. It's true.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
I go to sleep with a fan going because the "white" noise drowns out all the other stupid bangs and thump of the neighbors and hood. never abducted as far as I know. Not an insomniac just don't deal well with any sharp or sudden noises when I'm on the verge of sleep so the fan drowns them all out.

This thread is confusing but your reply even more so. A fan doesn't produce "white noise"! White noise contains many frequencies with equal intensities. Manufacturers go to great lengths to guarantee that their fans operate quietly so that all you hear is gently rushing wind. On the other hand I use an untuned TV to produce pseudo white noise which is what you hear from "sleep machines". I am normally a light sleeper which has come in very handy when I was awakened by water drops from an upstairs leak.

But with the TV on and the screen covered by a black cloth I sleep a solid 8 hours every night and no self-respecting alien will attempt to disturb my sleep!

Besides, I don't accept claims of alien abductions.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

I've never been abducted, but I'm addicted to the hum of the fan. I have since I was a child. It started when I was just a lil tot, and during the summer time my mother use to lay me down for my afternoon naps with the fan blowing full force across the bed. It was cool and I felt secure without a care in the world. A feeling of tranquility. That's what I am actually chancing when I now as a middle age man fall asleep to the hum of the fan no matter the season.

I'm also into Buddhist temple chants or mono tones. You know when the monks in the monastery go hummmmmmmmm.
Let me explain something to you but I will ask you to explain something to me. I need you to explain ,where was the earth in the solar system 3billion year ago.

Time has been created for the human process of the mind to =earths time for what has bee taught and embedded and uploaded amongst the populace.

The humans time and the universe time is totally different’

‘Your planets time and other planets time is totally different’

Your need of water and to life on earth is totally different than that of what has evolved ,and has had to evolve, on other planets to thrive as they are all doing as we now.

What is a solar system? A solar system is a gate way, but that is not told to the populace.

The Bermuda triangle was nothing but 4 energy beams that stretched from space to earth some 4.2 million miles away from earth.

Lp527.and in your future space exploration you will find out that every airplane and that every ship that disappeared, ended up in space….just sitting their.

A LOT of the names that have been giving to a lot of the meanings on earth are like magic….you cant even imagine how many words and science delusions have been feed upon the populace this world.

Was humans born to talk and have language…or did it just suddenly appear ?????

The one thing I love about you is that you look up information and you find things out, how, I have no idea, but I love the light you bring to what I say ,because what I say is something you just cant find on you tube ,books, fables ,TV shows or any other person.

Galaxy wars 1.
Galaxy wars 2.
Galaxy wars 3.
Suppose I told you that every nuke state had an alien in government already’

Suppose I told you that this has been going on longer than you would ever imagine’

Suppose I said that the war on the so called Muslims is a war on ..lmAFFFF,..THE LAST blood line of eocknoc.

Suppose I told you that the great flood was a great win for the reptilian race/greys of aliens in your history book’

BUT.

Suppose I told you that every comet or asteroind that was supposedly recorded in your history was actually a devastating win for the triangle race of aliens.

Suppose I told you that every history spot of so called asteroids and comets was actually the road that the reptillians traveled in your history of earth.

Every crater on your earth is every war that led the reptillien race underground

edit on 2-10-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Let me explain something to you but I will ask you to explain something to me. I need you to explain ,where was the earth in the solar system 3billion year ago.

Time has been created for the human process of the mind to =earths time for what has bee taught and embedded and uploaded amongst the populace.

Your need of water and to life on earth is totally different than that of what has evolved ,and has had to evolve, on other planets to thrive as they are all doing as we now.

What is a solar system? A solar system is a gate way, but that is not told to the populace.

The Bermuda triangle was nothing but 4 energy beams that stretched from space to earth some 4.2 million miles away from earth.

Lp527.and in your future space exploration you will find out that every airplane and that every ship that disappeared, ended up in space….just sitting their.

A LOT of the names that have been giving to a lot of the meanings on earth are like magic….you cant even imagine how many words and science delusions have been feed upon the populace this world.

The one thing I love about you is that you look up information and you find things out, how, I have no idea, but I love the light you bring to what I say ,because what I say is something you just cant find on you tube ,books, fables ,TV shows or any other person.

Galaxy wars 1.
Galaxy wars 2.
Galaxy wars 3.

Suppose I told you that this has been going on longer than you would ever imagine’

Suppose I said that the war on the so called Muslims is a war on ..lmAFFFF,..THE LAST blood line of eocknoc.

Suppose I told you that the great flood was a great win for the reptilian race/greys of aliens in your history book’

BUT.

Suppose I told you that every comet or asteroind that was supposedly recorded in your history was actually a devastating win for the triangle race of aliens.

Suppose I told you that every history spot of so called asteroids and comets was actually the road that the reptillians traveled in your history of earth.

Every crater on your earth is every war that led the reptillien race underground

You ever hear of a spelling checker? Where did you learn to construct such nonsensical comments?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

TextYou ever hear of a spelling checker? Where did you learn to construct such nonsensical comments?

NO. Its 7 b average brain viruses that will upload information and make you do things.

and then its 3 that will covet you and teach you to do things for future events.

and then its this new one that...well, its bad.

So I try to stay away from the...I’m perfect at my grammar...its the first thing they look for...look for.

Don’t want to wake up in court not knowing what I did the previous day…looking at life in jail or making history.

We even had a report of it being on this site for 2 years.

And my reply was to another person,how you responded is beyond my imagination.

edit on 3-10-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

snip
And my reply was to another person,how you responded is beyond my imagination.

You are on a public forum and any member can join the conversations. Looks like your imagination is very limited.

Besides, you are not even replying to the thread's topic.
edit on 3-10-2012 by The Shrike because: added comment

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Random! I run my fan when in bed 365 days a year, but I don't have insomnia and don't recall any abduction! The reason I do it for I call 'white noise'. We have a noisy estate, my windows aren't great for soundproofing and I sometimes sleep at odd hours, so I put my fan on to drown out the sounds of kids screaming. I can pretty much sleep under any noise just not kids screaming, because it's too random & unpredictable. So my small fan hands above my head and I can't hear much beside it - and it's a soothing sound to fall asleep to.

Interesting fact though, one I hadn't heard of. Hopefully nothing sinister in my case

edit on 3-10-2012 by markymint because: spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
okay(deep breath)here goes:

so i am probably an abductee..and i absolutely detest any night noise at all..why? cause it might cover up what i need to hear..

the person who said it was soothing, like to a baby..yeah, that is about right..drown out anything else, hmm?

to those who do not believe this phenomena, i am sorry..it does exist, tho i do not know why..and to the lone poster who hoped it was for the 'betterment of humanity', well, all i can i say is, those rose-colored glasses are going to get right tight soon

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Galaxy wars 1.
Galaxy wars 2.
Galaxy wars 3.

BUT.

Are you suggesting that every solar system is a star gate?

Such as

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join