It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Y&Z, What is our Place in the World?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Concerning allowances, that was my point: kids don't EARN anything anymore. I don't know when you grew up,but as I've said before, this is an instant gratification generation. I can appreciate your position, but this generation is like no other. With all of the technology available, they are behind in education. Even countries we're supposed to be ''superior'' to, run circles around this generation academically. That's a very important fact. When I was in school, American students excelled in math and science. Not anymore. They excel in shallowness these days. I'm just calling it as I see it. If texting, Facebook, and Twitter ceased to exist, sometimes I think this generation would go stark raving mad. Nobody reads anymore, and as far as writing goes, do they even do that anymore?

That is a sad point of view friend. I am part of this generation and read every day... I am constantly driven to learn new things and the more i know the more i want to learn. Ive grown tremendously after high school and dedicate all of my free time learning and learning, im educated in politics, theoretical physics (pertaining to string theory, partical excelerators, boson zoo theories, multi-dimensional theories, and so called fringe sciences like anti gravity and time travel), spiritual development (focusing on enlightenment), metaphysics and religion in general (ive read almost every holy and sacred scripture i can get my hands on. including alchemy,hermetics, freemasonry, New age ), im well versed in conspiracy theories, social economics, psychology, anatomy, horticulture and animal husbandry, also I am an accomplished hunter and farmer... tell me our generation is a lost cause and ill tell u that your misinformed. I am not the smartest person ive ever met my age (22) which should be a reassuring notion to those who are reading this, our generation has SERIOUS potential. like all generations there are different levels of intelligence. our generation has the most potential because the motivated and intelligent people have the opportunity to learn absolutely everything they want. all previous generations relied on the library and college to teach them. those methods are not only extremely time consuming but inefficient. One dosn't rely on the selection of available information being given out by a library anymore. more and more of us are really thinking about our world and are starting to see through veils that took 30 or 40 years to uncover in previous generations. most of us are born into this view point. remember only 5% of the population has an IQ over 125 these are the people that will turn things around... i know im trying. If you have lost faith in Y&Z remember that your own generation has its lost causes... and personally i believe your doing more harm then good these days.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join