It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm glad you were able to locate the reflection, I should have included that.

You mentioned you think it's a water spot - it could be.

I think what made me see it as a reflection of the car is the picture that Druid posted of himself shooting from his car window.

In that picture we can see him with the camera in his rear view mirror, but in the small,curved inset mirror, we can see the side of his car.

It seemed like the sunglasses lens acted like that small mirror on Druids car.

(Did that make sense?)

edit on 17-10-2012 by BugWhisperer because: It had a mistake.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I have been looking for the other image, I believe it was the 5 SECOND BEFORE shot, but I can't find it. I wanted as clear as i could get, not the few thumbs I have found. I wanted to compare water spots.

From the ONE thumb I did find, it may not be a water spot. It didn't appear to be there, but I was looking at a small photo, that I could not accurately zoom in with.

If I can locate the original "BEFORE" photo, I could compare water spots.

I am now leaning towards Bug & Dru being correct, the reflection is more likely to be in the sunglasses and not a spot on the mirror.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
The sunglasses reflection just doesn't add up. So light hits the glasses, then bounces onto the mirror, inverts, then strikes the camera causing the "ufo" image.

However, when the light hits the glasses, the light is being diffused into the surrounding area and not focused onto the mirror due to the large area of the reflection, and the convex shape of the lens/rim. As well as the dark color of the sunglasses,which would also reduce the brightness of the reflection. Afterwards, whatever remaining reflection that managed to bounce off of the mirror would be even further diffused into the surrounding area because of the convex shape of the mirror.

It just doesn't seem that the light coming from the glasses is bright enough to cause that reaction in the camera. Especially when it's so bright outside that it would be hard for the camera to get "blinded" by such a dim reflection. I would understand a laser beam reflecting and still hitting the camera with enough brightness to cause an effect, but to take such a dim reflection and have it show up on the camera so brightly doesn't seem accurate.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NaeBabii

The largest I've seen posted

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii
reply to post by Druid42
I saw that. But I'm giving the "benefit of doubt".

I tried to overlay like they mentioned, I can not come close, so I am VERY curious to see their overlay. I can't seem to reproduce the exact match.

reply to post by DJM8507
Wow... click on your link. They don't want you to "steal" their images, lol.

But is this similar to what you were referring? Parrot AR Quadcopter Drone Image
edit on 17-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: I added a link.

Yes, that is similar to what I am thinking. It looks like a copter with a silver/chrome mylar balloon either tied loosely to it or purposefully posted on it and then it is flown out at a distance, posed, and photos snapped. The bottom right corner of the "UFO" looks to be one of the circle copter blade protectors peeking out from behind the mylar balloon. This way the balloon would be light, containing helium, and could be carried by the copter and moved/positioned.

It is either that or some strange reflection off another reflected object that hit the camera lens and created an artifact on the sensor. Although unlikely, still technically possible.
edit on 18-10-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
ETA: Correction, it was 5 Seconds Before.

The spot is not visible in that photo, negating my previous thought it was on the Mirror and not on the Sunglasses. It is a reflection IN the sunglasses.

A closer inspection shows that while the UO (Vertically Flipped) closely matches the reflection in the sunglasses (Zoomed Over 200%) from the original photo, it does not match the "5 Seconds Before" reflection.

In the 5 Seconds Before picture the reflection is visible in the same general area but the shape has changed. Does anyone have any thoughts on what this reflection could be?

Can someone else take a look and see if they think this could be a reflection of her shirt, perhaps?
edit on 18-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: added closest thought...

edit on 18-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: Correcting 10's to 5's. I misread last night.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

and I think it was also corrected to a "10 Seconds After" not "5 Seconds Before" photo.

Any idea when that happened? That would be contrary to most of the visual evidence in the photos

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation
I am going to go back and look, just to make absolute sure. (Correction: It WAS 5 Seconds Before: somewhere around page 43)

For anyone else interested in comparing/analyzing the two reflections (Blue Squared: Reflection and Red Circles: Water Spots), I have included the zoomed versions below.

Original Photo:

Additional Photo:

edit on 18-10-2012 by NaeBabii because: Correction

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hi NaeBabii,
Yes,I have been trying to figure out what the reflection is too.
I don't think it is the car, as I originally thought.
I hadn't thought of her shirt, that may be it!
Whatever it is, do you think it's whats hitting the camera lens and making the U.O.?
I'll keep looking at the images you posted.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The last few pages of analysis seems a joke to me ..first its a mid air water droplet and now its a reflection off the sunglasses causing a photographic anomaly or artifact.

No ones addressed the points sputniksteve, BrianVillar, ATSZOMBIE have brought up but thats ok i guess it easier to start from a premise and ignore everything else just to fit your own theory.

I think (like many here) i'll wait for some proper analysis that actually makes sense.

edit on 18-10-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2012 by anomalie because: spelling

edit on 18-10-2012 by anomalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
its a water droplett. rain droplet goat sweat droplett, it was explained on the first page.
it might be a 1 in a million pic, but id guess theres more than a million pics taken each day.

personally i think this photo was staged, it wouldnt be that hard.

cant we just discus the goats?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Tales of "flying shields" around Crete date back to antiquity. They were usually considered divine in nature and some, like Alexander the Great, even sought them out directly. Alexander made an underwater bell (like a submarine) to pursue one of these flying shields that went into a river in India.

Plato and, later, Aristotle concluded that these flying shields came from the Mediterranean Sea at an underwater base that was a branch of a much larger civilization. Tho documents don't link it, if Plato were to be asked to give a name, I can safely assume he would have said it was Atlantis.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anomalie

I disagree. I think people are trying to id the object by looking at it from a lot of different angles and perspectives. A water droplet has some possibilities as does a reflection and are not that far removed from another. What is interesting is that we may never get an exact answer. If it is a water droplet, does it really matter if it came from the ocean or the windshield or bird pooh? The logic that it is unlikely to be a water droplet from the ocean so it couldn't possibly be a water droplet doesn't make sense to me. This is an unlikely photo to have been taken in the first place so there could be an unlikely explanation.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I dont think so...try again

Originally posted by Springer
Jeff Ritzmann's Report pg.3

Examples of assumed natural or misidentification explanations for the UO and reasons for dismissal:

1) Water or other debris on the lens / lens chip or fracture
- photo taken just seconds before shows no debris of any kind, nor do any of the subsequent photos after
-water droplet would not show correct alignment of the sun's highlight per a 3 dimensional external object
-object is in consistent focus w/ the rest of the shot

Continued:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
Tales of "flying shields" around Crete date back to antiquity. They were usually considered divine in nature and some, like Alexander the Great, even sought them out directly. Alexander made an underwater bell (like a submarine) to pursue one of these flying shields that went into a river in India.

Plato and, later, Aristotle concluded that these flying shields came from the Mediterranean Sea at an underwater base that was a branch of a much larger civilization. Tho documents don't link it, if Plato were to be asked to give a name, I can safely assume he would have said it was Atlantis.
Sources please. This sounds like ...some koind of alien technology...and some koind of ancient alien under water base...the koind of under water base that is under water...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie

I dont think so...try again

Originally posted by Springer
Jeff Ritzmann's Report pg.3

Examples of assumed natural or misidentification explanations for the UO and reasons for dismissal:

1) Water or other debris on the lens / lens chip or fracture
- photo taken just seconds before shows no debris of any kind, nor do any of the subsequent photos after
-water droplet would not show correct alignment of the sun's highlight per a 3 dimensional external object
-object is in consistent focus w/ the rest of the shot

Continued:

This object, in my opinion, has aligned itself to the witnesses camera. As many who have seriously studied the UFO phenomena will know, it often tends to "self negate" by casting doubt upon itself.

I think we need to revisit the water droplet theory. maybe its a paranormal water droplet?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
ZetaRediculian, i see your point maybe im being bit harsh but i still have a problem with the mid air water droplet theory...someone posted great photos of water droplets most showing a consistent form but none of them show such irregular shape like this thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by anomalie
ZetaRediculian, i see your point maybe im being bit harsh but i still have a problem with the mid air water droplet theory...someone posted great photos of water droplets most showing a consistent form but none of them show such irregular shape like this thing.
I think the issue is that you can't recreate this exactly. Fluids are probably irregularly shaped in the wind. Unless someone can recreate this somewhat convincingly, we just may have a bonified flying shield from an ancient alien underwater base that posed for the camera. who knows.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I believe the more you look at the photo, the more abstract you can look at the photo. That is what we are doing.

To Bug: I am almost certain it is her shirt that we are seeing the sunglasses, reflecting from the mirror. I will try to get a diagram.

To Dru: I have been playing with my laser pointer, flashlight, and mirror (along with many other reflective objects) trying to recreate something similar. When I have the general idea down, I will let you know.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaeBabii

To Dru: I have been playing with my laser pointer, flashlight, and mirror (along with many other reflective objects) trying to recreate something similar. When I have the general idea down, I will let you know.

Oh...energy and time. What kind of reflective objects? I was thinking of those football shaped magnets my kid plays with

ecx.images-amazon.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join