It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crete UFO Image Captured - What Is It?

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirnoffsky
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Nice imagination! That was inspiring enough to make me pull myself out of my usual lurking hole and unleash my inner pareidolia

That's what I keep seeing the longer I stare at the image. Back to the lurking hole for me.

There's another vid somewhere of a shape-shifting blob in the sky that the pic reminds me of but I can't remember where to find it. It would make a nice addition here if I, or anyone, could locate it. Might be from Mexico.

In the meantime, it also kind o' reminds me of this:

Maybe we've been looking at this phenomenon through our E.T. glasses too long. Just maybe our "visitors" reside somewhere in the electromagnetic-plasma arena. Some form of life that can change it's "density."

The member who posted the vid below has some footage that is interesting. Regardless of what he calls them, or what you might call them, the thing is: Have they been right here with us all along?

How to See Spirits

edit on 4-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

It would also be good to add that this shot is a little over 3 hours later than the "UO" shot. This one was taken around 12:30PM and the "UO" shot was taken around 09:13AM

I'm back to wondering why such a fascination with this particular location. She takes a bunch of pictures of goats (poorly, though the extra picture that Jeff posted kind of removed the idea from my head that it was staged, since she took at least one other terrible picture of the goats) and here she's taking another "establishment" picture.

When did she determine that the earlier picture had an anomaly in it? Because if it was after this picture was taken, it strikes me as weird that they would have come back and taken this one -- the car and the "MST3K'd" guy on the right are odd to include in the shot in the manner that they are.
edit on 4-10-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Congratulation! It's a Grey!

Personel I see a seagull.

It is similar to this:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Only the strong bloom and the strong wing bending downward doesn't really fits to a bird else it's a perfect match
and the most likely explanation when you consider it's at the sea.

If I look at the picture and exclude the bird explanation then I indeed see something like I painted.
There are a lot round shapes and teardrop shapes more than I outlined. Hard to tell what belongs together.

I guess everyone can outline something different.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
my grandfather worked for nasa and helped create mufon, why are you humans not listening to me?

i KNOW we are not alone, never were

we are throughout this universe, life is everywhere

all is well, remember?

lol, whatever

i'm just trying to speed up the process..

all shall be known soon either way

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If these images were taken the same day... What's out of place??

There's a rockfall on 1st image, but can see the cooker/oven clearly on 2nd image.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
^^^Probably because they took the pic at a different spot.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think the object was stationary. If it were moving she would have probably noticed it in her peripheral vision and got her attention.
So I don't think it was anything being blown by the wind or a bird.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
As Springer has previously mentioned, I was sent the other photo that has the structure near the rock/cliff. This might help those that are interested in attempting to have a "scale of reference" in helping determine possible distance.

In this shot, the driver (who is silhouetted out), has turned the car around and the photographer has stood even further away to get a nice wide picture of the area. I should mention that the reason why the driver and the license of the vehicle has been removed is to protect their identity. Which I'll add was established and checked on prior to the final analysis. We would do the same for you if you ever stepped forward with something you wished to share but also remain anonymous. So this will be the only version of the photo available.

With that said... In this picture the goats are away and not in the shot, but the "structure" is clearly visible. I should also mention that because of the size of the original photograph and the limitations we have with compression codecs, "pixel blockiness" and the "moray effect" do exist in this photo. But I'll add that I've scanned the original photo "quite thoroughly" (section by section), and found no evidence of anything there other than some clouds. No mylar balloons, trash, birds, bugs, reflections, mirages or UFO's.

I guess I'll just wait my turn in line.

I Have a premise, which doesn't violate any aspect of Jeff's analysis, but it depends on ATS members deciding on a focal distance.

I'll wait my turn in the queue, and build my case, and present my position when I have more facts.

My position remains that it is a lens reflection from the sunglasses. That's where I'm focusing my research.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I Have a premise, which doesn't violate any aspect of Jeff's analysis, but it depends on ATS members deciding on a focal distance.

I'll wait my turn in the queue, and build my case, and present my position when I have more facts.

My position remains that it is a lens reflection from the sunglasses. That's where I'm focusing my research.

I've got a wonderful suggestion.. Since you have some reservations about pursuing other avenues which may add or diminish the credibility of the other theories... Why not work on trying to duplicate your theory?

Have you attempted to get the same results when using a camera out a rolled down window while wearing sunglasses? It seems that it would be a fairly simple task and definitely would add weight to your theory that you could then disclose to the membership.

Ideas are great on paper, but to have a working model and template adds gravitas to back one's thought's and theories.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Ideas are great on paper, but to have a working model and template adds gravitas to back one's thought's and theories.

Good point. Though, in order to duplicate the environment of the fair lady's photograph, one needs at least three goats.

Googles...

... ah, here you go, Druid! Rent-A-Goat

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
At the risk of tarnishing my reputation, I am going to go out on a limb and make my conclusion.

At this point no evidence has been satisfactory nor has been presented to clearly show what the object is.
I have actively participated in this thread from the get go and have read every post.

So it remains that this is a UFO.

I am leaning towards it actually being an underwater kind, caught in ascention, accidentally by our photographer.

The is more proof of it being this than there is for it not being this.

Undebunkable thus far

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I've got a wonderful suggestion.. Since you have some reservations about pursuing other avenues which may add or diminish the credibility of the other theories... Why not work on trying to duplicate your theory?

Have you attempted to get the same results when using a camera out a rolled down window while wearing sunglasses? It seems that it would be a fairly simple task and definitely would add weight to your theory that you could then disclose to the membership.

I HAVE been working on my own theory, and have been experimenting with mirrors and lenses (digital, of course). To duplicate the parameters involved with this particular anomaly is beyond my capabilities. It's why this particular anomaly defies explanation, as of yet.

The darkened spots on the anomaly are the inverse reflections of the goats beside the car. I am working, to that end, as the focus of my ability to refute this picture.

When I can produce plausible evidence, I will present it. Till then, I will wait my turn in the queue.

I stand firm on the UO being a reflection, close to the camera, not "out there". The UO is a reflection, from the Shooter's sunglasses, and reflects the goats with dark fur. The parameters, aye, will be decided.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I HAVE been working on my own theory, and have been experimenting with mirrors and lenses (digital, of course). To duplicate the parameters involved with this particular anomaly is beyond my capabilities. It's why this particular anomaly defies explanation, as of yet. The darkened spots on the anomaly are the inverse reflections of the goats beside the car. I am working, to that end, as the focus of my ability to refute this picture. When I can produce plausible evidence, I will present it. Till then, I will wait my turn in the queue. I stand firm on the UO being a reflection, close to the camera, not "out there". The UO is a reflection, from the Shooter's sunglasses, and reflects the goats with dark fur. The parameters, aye, will be decided.

( Hint ) look at that shiny diamond ring !

matter of fact, I'll help ya out a bit

Top one is the "UFO" bottom is her diamond ring, Notice any similarity's?
edit on 5-10-2012 by Sakrateri because: added a pic!

I am looking at the way she has taken the picture and it is not like she had her eye up to the camera and could have missed that object, So if she did not see it then good sense tells you it was not there, if it wasn't there then it is a reflection that only the camera could see.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Sakrateri because: added an opinion

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone will understand where I'm coming from on this or
Be able to replicate it but here's an idea. As I was looking over this photo I noticed it looks like the object is reflecting the sun, on the top right corner. Maybe if someone who is more savvy with computer stuff can reaserch according to which direction the picture was taken, and figure out the sun path. Then you can see if it's plausible for the sun to reflect off the object at that angle. Once you figure that out, you can second check it with the shadows on the goats to see if both match up in the sky according to sun location and time of day. Well there's my middle of the night epiphany.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It's definately aliens!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by aynock

Originally posted by salmoneggs
You can add 15 multicoloured grid lines, talk of the trajectory of reflected angles and analyze contrasting proportions. It still looks exactly like a drop of water

water droplets tend to be round - the object clearly has a flat bottom - a drop falling straight down would show some distortion to the bottom caused by air pressure but the object looks too flat to be a droplet imo

if it is fluid it is definitely falling straight down though, so it's unlikely to be from the goats

Goat sweat goes up and comes down with lateral movement, like ballistics, when flung from the shake of the goats body.

It wouldn't shoot in a straight line from the goat to the vehicle.

Lateral velocity would elongate the miniscule fluid droplet and the ballistic characteristic of falling would flatten the bottom all at the same time.

If you don't like goat sweat than think wet jowl ejection or wet shaggy fur from a recent urination.

could be - the more i look at the original (unimproved) image though, the more it looks like a blue plastic bag

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Gotta love the people who say its a bird lol This looks nothing like a bird! What it is, i don't know, but bird!?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

The goats are hiding the monument in the second picture, the rockfall is still there, just to the right (from our perspective) of the goats.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

She noticed "UO" in the image when they got to the beach and reviewed the goat pics. The latter images of the location were taken on the way back to the hotel from the beach after she saw the "UO" in the earlier picture.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

The goats are hiding the monument in the second picture, the rockfall is still there, just to the right (from our perspective) of the goats.

Springer...

A portion of the monument appears to be visible where it should be. I just lack the skills to show it.

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join