It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAKOTA SIOUX NATION Secession In Progress and YOU are invited to join them!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

I'm sorry to be the one to have to bring everyone back down to earth here, but it simply is not happening..... as awesome an event it would be.

FAIL!!!!!!

THIS IS FRONT PAGE DRUDGEREPORT.COM MY FRIEND......

NEXT....
edit on 9/29/2012 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

Nice attitude. No need to be nasty as I was hardly so to you. I will check your 'link' and get right back to you.

ETA: LOL... so it links the same source of CSN that you provided which again links back to the questionable Mexican source. A quick google search brings nothing current either.
edit on 29-9-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2012 by MyMindIsMyOwn because: Toned it down a bit

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I do hope this gains traction with Americans....of all races....maybe succession should judt be all the states succeed from washington, and just tell them to take a hike....all those fat lazy gongressmen and generals....they are on the unltimate "Food Stamps"
they are paid for life now.......and prtty well too i might add.....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I hate to be the wet blanket on his rain dance, but he's being absurd and an idiot. I have every respect for the Native American culture and peoples.....
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So let me understand you, you say that you have respect for the Native American People but now that one is getting headlines for not wanting to put up with the direction of this country you "hate to be the wet blanket on his rain dance"???? Thats kinda racist talk and HIGHLY disrespectful to the culture of this man and others who have taken there rain dancing very seriously.

Let me also understand you, all other Natives are okay but this particular one only is absurd and an idiot...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I hate to be the wet blanket on his rain dance, but he's being absurd and an idiot. I have every respect for the Native American culture and peoples.....

It doesn't sound like it. It sounds like they annoy you. Wet blanket for sure. I hope your cold under that wet blanket cause I'm not coming with you. What do you think Americans did to the British, to even be able to Steal the Indian land in the first place? Think about that one. Go back to making that money with your company ya sell out.

Listen to the man's words you silly. He is a pretty informed smart guy.

edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I work on a reservation and I wouldn't be too quick to want to emulate them. it's nice that they value nature (as do I) but after seeing how poor, uneducated and lazy most of them are, and how many problems they have I wouldn't want to live with them.
edit on 29-9-2012 by CB328 because: typo

...I'm glad you said that first.
I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not from the US; I'm Australian, but I married an American Indian, and after seeing some of their reservations, seeing how they live, how they act, and the massive issues that are inherent in their communities... I'd certainly be hesitant to secede, or to join them in doing so.

Most likely the whole thing will end up degenerating into nothingness; or worse, anarchy.

I know this isn't true of all American Indians, and I know many myself who are good people and worthy citizens who've actually made something of their lives, but the sense of entitlement among many others is so deep and so entrenched that secession can only end badly.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by YAHUWAH SAVES

If I took the man seriously, I'd have respect for him. I don't though and so, to him, no respect is shown.

I noted two cases where the Native American tribes acted deliberately and with some serious thought and planning to bring change. They did, too. That didn't start with wild and outright crazy statements about secession of FIVE states. He doesn't think small, anyway. lol.... What can this be but a public relations stunt?

Now, start talk about closing interstate highways that cross into or power lines that cross over the lands he supposedly declares outside the U.S. now, and the whole thing stops being fanciful and outright ludicrous. He'll get attention then...and if he's got the backing of the Tribes in a true way, it'll show right then and there as the Tribes in the Southwest and New York showed. If all that works? Heck..;.. change might come.

Going off like the crazy nutcase like this isn't helpful though. It gives people the same idea of Native Americans as some of Ron Pauls more radical statements came to define him. Neither helps anyone in the least, or did as it turned out for Paul.

I'd also note, we have a Government ARMED TO THE TEETH.... Generally paranoid beyond all reason...and almost openly looking for reasons to lock down the whole nation. Is this the BEST time for someone to choose for THIS particular cause?? It's like a lowly citizen voicing a VERY legitimate grievance between two armies on the day of battle. Umm... Great Idea perhaps, but gotta work on that time and place stuff.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

I'm Australian, but I married an American Indian, and after seeing some of their reservations, seeing how they live, how they act, and the massive issues that are inherent in their communities... I'd certainly be hesitant to secede, or to join them

There is a much larger picture at view here that is even larger than any problems that any tribe may have... I am part of a tribe called THE WHITE MAN and I can tell you that we have our own problems that are far less respectable and would dwarf that of our Native Brothers who although have been plagued with things that many will focus on first rather than the amazing and rich culture that they have! The Bigger Picture I think is that here is a group of people that are saying, "IM AS MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!!!" Gotta give props for the balls it takes to stand up and declare this No Matter the Tribe or person who does....

I also need to say that The Native American men and women have far more that they can be proud of and that is more than I can say for many cultures....

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
Another source, but from 2007!!

rapidcityjournal.com...

Yes, this did happen at the end of 2007 and a delegation was sent from SD to Washington DC to announce that the Lakota were seceeding from the US and reclaiming the land that had been usurped since the Treaties of 1851 and 1868. Of course they were stonewalled. But they rolled out a fantastic internet forum that blossomed for a few years and invitations were given to anyone willing to renounce US citizenship to join in their movement and live among them.

As you might guess, scads of people, American Indian and non, were interested in joining up and helping to make it happen. Some actually did make that transition, but too many were interested only in telling the Lakota "how to do things" rather than to learn the Lakota way of doing things. And the differences between the traditionals and those who'd "gone modern" didn't help matters.

Russell recently beat off cancer and last I heard, he's still going strong.

Here is the latest version of the Republic of Lakotah forum. As you will note, that sadly
has also become kind of a footnote to the wider movement.www.republicoflakotah.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

After questions arose I went to go source the article.. If you look at the CNS news article it shows this other website as it's source La Voz de Aztlan but I had to find that myself because the link they use goes right back to their same article as if they are sourcing themselves.. Seems a lil fishy.

I also can't find the supposed first article on that silly site, and it doesn't seem to exist. The story has been picked up by a lot of websites.. Still I can find no source... They all link it back to La Voz de Aztlan too.. Finally found a 2007 article... So yea, looks like CSN messed this up, aand everyone else followed their lead.
edit on 9/29/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Rather than focus on this link or that link lets talk about what this would mean to the UNITED STATES if it does or is actually happening? I think personally that it places the Government in a really tough situation because after all the Native Americans were here first so??

The Government has even acknowledged that there were atrocities committed against the "ORIGINAL PEOPLE" of this continent and we do know that there way of life and culture is in danger as is the cultures of many here in the USA.

Believing in Freedom is not just a paper but it should be all of our ways of life. Our country has moved from the Land of the Free to the the Land of the Lost......
Where's Will and Holly when ya need em

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Thanks. So you have to renounce, you can't get dual?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

After questions arose I went to go source the article.. If you look at the CNS news article it shows this other website as it's source La Voz de Aztlan but I had to find that myself because the link they use goes right back to their same article as if they are sourcing themselves.. Seems a lil fishy.

I also can't find the supposed first article on that silly site, and it doesn't seem to exist.

Precisely the point of my first post. I believe the OP got the totally wrong idea from my first posting. In all honesty, I would be happy to see this kind of thing actualize and would support it wholeheartedly. However, I tend to investigate a little more indepth than most when it comes to these kinds of things and tend not to believe blindly. Glad to see you took the time to investigate as well

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It amazes me how over time certain people are targetted for genocide and destruction via the self same perpetrators/agenda. Like they are withholding some secret that they fear to be revealed. This is repeated in history and not accidently or by chaotic chance. What is being serviced now is a means of placation but the agenda remains the same.
edit on 29-9-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacknast76
reply to post by frazzle

Thanks. So you have to renounce, you can't get dual?

Nothing about dual citizenship was ever discussed that I recall and I'm sure I'd have remembered that. They were looking for people who were willing to go the whole mile.

Here's a little more information about who said what when.

themoderatevoice.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Ouch..... I'm really surprised to see how quickly people buy into a one man rebellion as if it were a legitimate movement with people. financing, resources and capability to do big things. Umm... Seccession of 5 states would be an immediate and absolute act of war...IF taken any further than Youtube video or Press Conference. Not LEAST of which...by the people INSIDE the area being "declared"...without anyone mentioning such a thing to them.....no longer a part of America.

So, sorry, but how can anyone take this seriously? Respect for Native American people DOES NOT translate to respect for every nutjob saying they represent them. The general cause is good..and if one searched back, they'd find I made some rather detailed posts some time back about my feelings of support for the Native American Tribes and of the Black Hills in particular along with their RIGHT to that land. It covers far more though and so did I back then.

This isn't about that..This is about one of the nuts from the Wounded Knee Standoff coming back like a bad penny to start trouble at the WORST moment America has for trouble to get started in a whole NEW direction.

If anyone wants this cause destroyed, making someone like him seem respected as it's spokesman is a 100% sure fire way to do it. It almost makes one wonder what his motives would be in coming off so extreme....... Hmm..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

So again lets not derail the message here and move forward unless there is greater agendas at play...

This Country is going in the wrong direction and regardless of which tribe or person or persons the question remains, What are the American People willing to do to get back the honor that it has lost? What is the United States Government Willing to do to continue the removal of our freedom and honor? Is this Tribe the catalyst needed for many to rise up and make a statement?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
I work on a reservation and I wouldn't be too quick to want to emulate them. it's nice that they value nature (as do I) but after seeing how poor, uneducated and lazy most of them are, and how many problems they have I wouldn't want to live with them.
edit on 29-9-2012 by CB328 because: typo

I think what you don't realize, comming from the white mans world is, what you call " laziness" is a union time with your surroundings.

To be one with our surroundings we must spend quiet time with it. Any hunter will tell you this who is worth his salt. You value them and evaluate based off a different set of percieved formula. You only need to stop and listen to appreciate the truth of what they seek.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Truth be told er my opinion be told, what this means is media blackout, gov stonewalling or if they actually do something physical. Well we saw how that ended for them every other time they tried it. I have read where ole' adolph just loved how the US handled those degenerate natives, in fact it inspired him. All of the tribal land should be independant of the US, or made into their own states. Seriously, how can the US even try to point a finger on human rights with that egg still on the countries face? WE still have freakin reservations in our country, tantamount to concentration camps.

One thing to learn about the US gov, they lie, they cheat, they change the rules mid game, they do unto others as they damn well please, they rarely apologize, and if you upset them you can KYAGB.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

tradition, heritage blah blah blah
Oil
www.huffingtonpost.com...
this is just a cheesy quik link. dig move if interested. The Chinese are making moves with native americans in the us and canada, but federal laws are hamstringing what the tribes can do
Succeeding from uncle sam would give significantly greater latitude in the tribes dealings, especially with certain upstart energy hungry foreigners who would do handstands at getting to send teams of "advisors" to the heartland of one of the biggest obstacles in their way. think of it as securing resources as collateral to back up all of those otherwise worthless bonds they hold.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by robobbob

Well this is straight out of the US playbook. Incite a small cultural group in an autonomous country. Play the evil country hurting it's citizens card over and over and over. send in covert and overt support to save the "democracy loving" natives from the oppressive regime. I think we could all name a few countries this was played in.

That would be their only chance, being aided by china or russia, but it would more than likely also mean a massive war.

opps left out, ... in the aftermath, if victorious, move in and "develop" their resources for exploitation
edit on 29-9-2012 by jacknast76 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join