It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love really just the worship of a material object

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My background is in ornamental horticulture, I went to Cal Poly, SLO....and have spent my whole adult life in the flower buisness....since moving here I started a little business...LOL...It's called "Perky pots and flowers"....I service flowers in a few resturants, and also do special events, proms, holidays, etc......have also recently designed the patio pots for a beautiful spanish home here....the nice thing is after working in corporate America, I can make my own hours.

I became a district manager of the floral departments in a major grocery store chain, and had 43 stores I had to oversee....an impossiple job, it seems easy right? Just teach people to do as well as you did, lmao...well...it;s not that simple...to this day I have nightmares about helping to break the union, and all the BS I had to to enforse unreasonable policies, lol...the truth is the reason I did so well as a floral manager is because I would clock out and stay another 3 hours to make sure my department was perfect....I make less money, I made alot of money being miserable...funny how that works....

Thanks for sharing, beautiful job. I can almost picture you in the shop selling and being a manager. A manager thats a big responsibility. You may be higher up the ascended ladder than i thought. People who are good at business and organising tend to naturals at many of lifes challenges. If i ever get to the US i will come to your store and buy a pot plant for you as youll have to keep it of course because i have no where to plant it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

LOL...well....my workshop is now my garage....but it's a really cute space actually....and I can work without wearing "professional" clothes....although I will spruce up when I deliver.....still gotta play the game to some degree........I would happily give you suggestions on plants that will live in pots for many happy years.......no need for land......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

My backyard well its not really a back yard my property is diamond shaped to match its pyramids roofs. Well the yard ill refer to it has alot of plants and trees growing along fence line. The other side its all reserve and its a basially a jumgle of plants and trees. I get many visitors from reserves, magpies, ducksm pigdeons and other varities of birds that come over. I generally will throw out a lunch for them every weekend, so its like an extended famly, and its buzzare to see different species of birds socializing with eachother. Still any ideas for patio pot plants im open to suggestiions. Im not a plant expert basically i just say to landscaper make it look cool and youll get a heap of cash.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Birds are alot of fun to watch...my Mom and step Dad live in a very cool house up in the hills.....they are not into dogs and cats....but Love thier birds....it's so fun at breakfast there, the dining room looks out on to this beautiful landscape...and the morning ritual is to feed the birds...lol...the bluebirds love peanuts...the smaller birds like robins and finches love bread...they all like the birdbath alot....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Let me guess your stuck right in the middle of a busy suburb. I live on a long wide street that terminates into the back carpark of a shopping centre, 5 minutes walk for a coffee. Theres a tavern in there as well. Very friendly places. Hard to imagine living in country without all the material comforts 5 mins away.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join