It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love really just the worship of a material object

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

If i was the Devils Advocate i would say that Love is opposite of Hate.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

you are not your body, your possesions, your mind, you are much more then that, you are your soul,

when you say I or ME is your body the only thing you think of? we all see ourselves as more then just those things, we all know there is more to use then what we see with our eyes and think in our minds,

when someone loves you, it isnt your body they love, its the soul, the soul is not material, the soul is eternal,

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Im glad you like this thread and much more cheerful than that one on Devil worshipping.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Im glad you like this thread and much more cheerful than that one on Devil worshipping.
i speak to soon a new thread i created called Evil is simply this, is already off to a tumultous start.

edit on 5-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Love is bliss, not obsession. By that, I mean it is the absence of any negativity, and only exists to infuse positive energy into someone, or join two, or more, people together in positive energy. Obsession is a negative energy. If the idea of energy throws you, just think of it as positive and negative emotion.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
Love is bliss, not obsession. By that, I mean it is the absence of any negativity, and only exists to infuse positive energy into someone, or join two, or more, people together in positive energy. Obsession is a negative energy. If the idea of energy throws you, just think of it as positive and negative emotion.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

In a perfect world this would be the perfect definition as its black and white and there is nothing to misunderstand. In a non perfect world other factors are in play that can turn positive energy into negative.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

In a perfect world this would be the perfect definition as its black and white and there is nothing to misunderstand. In a non perfect world other factors are in play that can turn positive energy into negative.

Once any negativity exists, it ceases to be love, or as I like to say, bliss.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

That comes down to choice and actions. The alternatives between descisions lead the path one way or other. Most times there is no need to go down the path of negativity and yet people do it. Whats that saying about nature of people?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

I would say overcoming negativity, might really be the "essence" of Love....Bliss is lovely....but I think it's the tough times that define Love.....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thats where the term tough love comes from. l never liked that term it we need to replace it with a phrase that is more aesthetic appeasing.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Thats where the term tough love comes from. l never liked that term it we need to replace it with a phrase that is more aesthetic appeasing.

LOL...no doubt....geez......being "tough" in Love has never been my strong point....and I am really working through that "flaw" of mine.......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel

LOL...no doubt....geez......being "tough" in Love has never been my strong point....and I am really working through that "flaw" of mine.......

Some people are very advanced in harmony and ready to ascend. Some people not. flaws prevent us ascending. You should read many of the metaphysical and philosophical threads on here and fast trak raising yourself high enough to see all above the negativities holding you at ground floor.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Some people are very advanced in harmony and ready to ascend. Some people not. flaws prevent us ascending. You should read many of the metaphysical and philosophical threads on here and fast trak raising yourself high enough to see all above the negativities holding you at ground floor.

I agree, and I am trying and searching....I rarely even turn on the TV anymore...spend my spare time learning and reading.....but for some reason "God" has given me the gift or curse of "empathy".....and as much as wish I could just drink fancy drinks in Maui, and make leis....the "real world" reguires me to get my ass kicked I guess...I don't know......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I agree, and I am trying and searching....I rarely even turn on the TV anymore...spend my spare time learning and reading.....but for some reason "God" has given me the gift or curse of "empathy".....and as much as wish I could just drink fancy drinks in Maui, and make leis....the "real world" reguires me to get my ass kicked I guess...I don't know......

Empathy isnt a curse. I think i remember you saying you had to caregiver for a sick father. This is positive form of empathy and love. Its better to start later than never in the learning cycle. I wil try and teach you some things. I have been here on Ats for four months about and im vritually a grand wizard on metaphysical and philosophies now. Ask me anything and you will be enlightened.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

LOL...ok...I will ask.....does Matt still Love me and need me? Will I ever be "normal" again? What the heck should I do ? you asked......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

LOL...ok...I will ask.....does Matt still Love me and need me? Will I ever be "normal" again? What the heck should I do ? you asked......

I could say alot here but you know theres no point because the inner you knows the answers already. You should move on to a new life. No more drinking during the day, no more day time soap, try and find some paid work and read as much as you can on Ats to enlightened yourself. I know this is not the answer you really wanted but you did say it yourself life is kicking you in ass. Lifes trying to get you to be practical and sensible about getting your life together, life is dispensing tough love on you.

"Normal again". yes follow the above advice and you will be.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I would say overcoming negativity, might really be the "essence" of Love....Bliss is lovely....but I think it's the tough times that define Love.....

True. But I was speaking more to love, or bliss as an emotion and the relationship between two people. You can be in love, and have negativity come from an outside source. But, as soon as you let negativity into the love you share with another it no longer can be considered love. I believe love/bliss, is pure.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

LOL...well, you got moving on to a new life right probably........I do actually have a job, I haven't watched soaps since I was a teenager.....depending on your perceptive I might drink too much.....but not generally during the day.......but I appreciate your responce, and wish you well....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

LOL...well, you got moving on to a new life right probably........I do actually have a job, I haven't watched soaps since I was a teenager.....depending on your perceptive I might drink too much.....but not generally during the day.......but I appreciate your responce, and wish you well....

Do you like your job what is it? You are one intelligent woman, and destroy the myth blondes arnt clever

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

My background is in ornamental horticulture, I went to Cal Poly, SLO....and have spent my whole adult life in the flower buisness....since moving here I started a little business...LOL...It's called "Perky pots and flowers"....I service flowers in a few resturants, and also do special events, proms, holidays, etc......have also recently designed the patio pots for a beautiful spanish home here....the nice thing is after working in corporate America, I can make my own hours.

I became a district manager of the floral departments in a major grocery store chain, and had 43 stores I had to oversee....an impossiple job, it seems easy right? Just teach people to do as well as you did, lmao...well...it;s not that simple...to this day I have nightmares about helping to break the union, and all the BS I had to to enforse unreasonable policies, lol...the truth is the reason I did so well as a floral manager is because I would clock out and stay another 3 hours to make sure my department was perfect....I make less money, I made alot of money being miserable...funny how that works....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join