It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard of the TSA‘s ’Freeze Drills’? New Video Captures One...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Video of a so-called Transportation Security Administration “freeze drill” has been posted online, showing a TSA officer instructing passengers to remain in place at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport before permitting them to leave.

Blaze

For those of you who can't watch the video? 8 or more TSA agents can be seen and heard commanding travelers 'stay where you are' and 'hold up' (I think is what one says). Once everyone COMPLIES - then, they're 'let go. This is done OUTSIDE the security lines.

Yep, just what TPTB want you to see - MORE PEOPLE COMPLYING to instill and reinforce that old herd mentality. To fear TSA - don't take a chance on the 'opt out' of the scanners, how to cower and become confused easily by 'officials', etc.

“The tension was rather palpable, as you might imagine. No explanation was given, no other words were spoken. No one moved a muscle. Parents grabbed their children. Anyone who fidgeted or made a step forward got yelled at,” the video’s description stated.

What right do they have to stop you when you're NOT in a security line? When just walking about the airport to and fro? Grrrr... Then again they probably do have the right - remember - it's Amerika.

The user who uploaded the video stated the entire drill lasted about two minutes and that it took place within the “secured” part of the airport.

It nees repeating - this took place OUTSIDE of a security line - after already being cleared and in a secure hallway.

The TSA told the New York Times in 2011 that the drills are a training tool for officers to practice quickly shutting down a security checkpoint in the event of a security breach. TSA spokeswoman Kristina Lee said the agency has “wide-ranging legal authority to carry out security-related responsibilities.”

Update: TSA spokesman Nico Melendez said the drills are known as “all-stop drills“. “All operations cease and everyone stops so we can identify where the situation might be taking place,” Melendez said, adding that passengers have been “very understanding and receptive.”

*He said such drills are very common and are conducted multiple times a day at every airport in the country.

Drills. Multiple times a day. Every airport in the country.

What I tell ya? COMPLY! and OBEY! Consider yourself truly taught.

So - anyone traveling by air for Thanksgiving?

peace

edit on 29-9-2012 by silo13 because: *(My bold and edit from link to comply with ATS T&C

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Just another reason for me to avoid airports whenever possible.

I'm not surprised they have started this kind of crap. Soon you will have to ask permission to use the bathroom.
I expect to get into a lot of trouble at an airport one day.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How is this practice for anything at a security checkpoint if its not at a security checkpoint? Why is scaring the # outta people for no reason part of practice? very odd...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

It's hard to even know what to say. I'm still searching the internet to see if this is even legal. I can (almost) understand if you were already in line or in an unsecured area - but AFTER being scanned and allowed to move forward into a secure area?

*Goes back to looking*

peace

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm surprised that they have time to run any drills.

I assumed that they would be too busy stealing our stuff and looking at naked images of women and children.

edit on 29-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have absolutely zero respect for TSA employees.
They have next to no training. A large portion of them are mouth breathing oxygen thieves, and many are hopelessly over weight or out of shape.

And they expect to keep people safe? Ha.
I fly a lot. Probably over a thousand times over the last ten years. I'm not exaggerating.

If they try this crap next time I'm at the airport, I'm going to ignore them and see what happens.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I stopped travelling by air 5 years ago. Driving takes a little longer but you don't have to deal with the Gestapo quite as much.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This happened to me and my friend in Pheonix about 3 years ago. We were just walking trying to catch our flight, when for no reason we were told to stop, and hold up. For at least a couple of minutes we couldnt move. It was surreal to say the least.

I dont think these drills are new. Perhaps just becoming more common..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The intrusive behaviors -- radiation, molestation, freeze and drink checks -- plus rolling out to new locations in bus and train stations, etc, is incremental tyranny.

At what point is enough .... enough? At what point do we stop being victims and put a stop to this lawlessness?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I dont think these drills are new. Perhaps just becoming more common..

New? No. It seems the video 'catching them in the act' is though. I'm surprised there's not been any before. Or, maybe there have been and the news is just keeping TSA in the limelight.

I'm still looking for info on the 'legalities' or no.

peace

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If I was filthy rich I'd hire an army of lawyers to bring these guys down.

They don't respect that a person has constitutional rights and think they can do anything they want to.

I want to make airlines safe as much as anyone else, but I don't want to sacrifice the constitution to do so. And I believe there are ways that it can be done.

I don't understand how these guys can have so much power to do anything they want.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They did one when i was going thru Ontario Ca airport about a year ago. I don't know what happened outside the checkpoint area. I had to stop and wait anyway since my back pack was in the Xray machine when they called the drill. I just sat down in a chair and waited. There were only 3 of us in the checkpoint area. It lasted maybe 2-3 minutes.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

You fly on average about one round trip a week then?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Video of a so-called Transportation Security Administration “freeze drill” has been posted online, showing a TSA officer instructing passengers to remain in place at Phoenix’s Sky Harbor International Airport before permitting them to leave.

Blaze

For those of you who can't watch the video? 8 or more TSA agents can be seen and heard commanding travelers 'stay where you are' and 'hold up' (I think is what one says). Once everyone COMPLIES - then, they're 'let go. This is done OUTSIDE the security lines.

Yep, just what TPTB want you to see - MORE PEOPLE COMPLYING to instill and reinforce that old herd mentality. To fear TSA - don't take a chance on the 'opt out' of the scanners, how to cower and become confused easily by 'officials', etc.

“The tension was rather palpable, as you might imagine. No explanation was given, no other words were spoken. No one moved a muscle. Parents grabbed their children. Anyone who fidgeted or made a step forward got yelled at,” the video’s description stated.

What right do they have to stop you when you're NOT in a security line? When just walking about the airport to and fro? Grrrr... Then again they probably do have the right - remember - it's Amerika.

The user who uploaded the video stated the entire drill lasted about two minutes and that it took place within the “secured” part of the airport.

It nees repeating - this took place OUTSIDE of a security line - after already being cleared and in a secure hallway.

The TSA told the New York Times in 2011 that the drills are a training tool for officers to practice quickly shutting down a security checkpoint in the event of a security breach. TSA spokeswoman Kristina Lee said the agency has “wide-ranging legal authority to carry out security-related responsibilities.”

Update: TSA spokesman Nico Melendez said the drills are known as “all-stop drills“. “All operations cease and everyone stops so we can identify where the situation might be taking place,” Melendez said, adding that passengers have been “very understanding and receptive.”

*He said such drills are very common and are conducted multiple times a day at every airport in the country.

Drills. Multiple times a day. Every airport in the country.

What I tell ya? COMPLY! and OBEY! Consider yourself truly taught.

So - anyone traveling by air for Thanksgiving?

peace

edit on 29-9-2012 by silo13 because: *(My bold and edit from link to comply with ATS T&C

Interesting how here you can see the wrongness.... When the subject is NOT you, obey and comply is acceptable. When you might be the one who needs to submit it seems to bother you.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
If I was filthy rich I'd hire an army of lawyers to bring these guys down.

They don't respect that a person has constitutional rights and think they can do anything they want to.

I want to make airlines safe as much as anyone else, but I don't want to sacrifice the constitution to do so. And I believe there are ways that it can be done.

I don't understand how these guys can have so much power to do anything they want.

Because our government no longer believes the constitution limits them in any meaningful way. And they, NOT YOU, have stacked the deck and appointed the judges who have the final say...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

being the TSA has allowed several guns and knives not only through the checkpoints but onto the aircraft I can see why they are doing the drills (it does not mean I agree with it).

While I cant stand the TSA we must ask a question - Do you want the TSA trained correctly or do you want them to continue to be hopless slackasses (not all)?

Its one or the other.. Either train them, which means live drills involving the public, or dont.

Contrived situations do NOT adequately allow a person to learn how to do their job. They know the person involved is a "good guy" and they know if they screw up during that type of training its not as severe. The only way to get people into the habit of taking it seriously is to place them into a real life situation.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter
The intrusive behaviors -- radiation, molestation, freeze and drink checks -- plus rolling out to new locations in bus and train stations, etc, is incremental tyranny.

At what point is enough .... enough? At what point do we stop being victims and put a stop to this lawlessness?

The government is betting we don't. And they are working hard to ensure that we can't. The government has stacked the courts, and now our President has the right to put any American he wishes into indefinite detention without a trial. Just as he has the right to order anyone killed. Tyranny has won, and the TSA is just a glimpse of the rot most Americans are unwilling to acknowledge.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Ha ha. No.

But my trips always include 3 to 4 flights on the days I do travel. And I smoke, so I have to go back through security in every city.

And it's about 12 years now actually. Maybe I was exaggerating a little. Probably 700 to 800 flights.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
How is this practice for anything at a security checkpoint if its not at a security checkpoint? Why is scaring the # outta people for no reason part of practice? very odd...

That's pretty much what I am thinking as well... They are not at a security checkpoint...So...Do they REALLY have he authority to give orders out of their jurisdiction? I mean...Assuming they are out of their jurisdiction...

I just find this practice rather worrisome and this is coming from some one who has flown and never had any real problem with the TSA hassling me.

The TSA does have quite a few problem areas that do need to be fixed. Just yesterday I saw an article online about a loaded gun slipping right past them ( Also,check out TSA red team and see how useless these guys really are)

Then there was the ABC investigation with the stolen Ipad...Apparently items getting stolen is a big problem too...

But I digress... Yeah, I mean...Where does the TSA's jurisdiction end?The security check point? The airport parking lot? My front door?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If it is past the security checkpoint in the sterile area, then you are expected to comply with them. If it's before the checkpoint, in the non-sterile area, then you are not required to. This can be used to find someone that has gone through the checkpoint without being completely cleared, or has gone through into the sterile area, without going through the checkpoint.

top topics

join