It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney TORTURE Memo Leaked

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by RealSpoke

Please, please, please America. I've said it on other threads and I will repeat it here. Please don't let Romney win. That man is slimy filth, he's pondlife. Whatever you're gonna tick or write on the ballot, DO NOT tick Mitt Romney. Do the world a favour.

Romney will not win. Its pathetic that the republicans couldnt get a better nominee, hes almost as bad as Mc Caine.
Actually, he is probably worse than McCaine.
It doesnt really matter, its all a joke and they're all puppets

I feel 100% the same about Obama...and it is utterly pathetic, isn't it?

I'd give anything for a 3rd choice. Any 3rd choice that isn't owned 100% to their very soul by the Political Establishment that created them. We have 2 creatures to choose from...and who has slightly better looking fur and better breath and upbringing than the other.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by CB328

The GOP is very pro "war on terror", even if it means becoming terrorists themselves.

Excellent post, I might have to start quoting that line.

Obama killing Americans with no due process is just fine with you? The drone strikes are find and dandy? How do people like you twist yourselves in to such hypocritical knots? Its disturbing.

I've said it already, I will say it again. Mitt Romney approves of these actions. Have you not been paying attention?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

The GOP is very pro "war on terror", even if it means becoming terrorists themselves.

Excellent post, I might have to start quoting that line.

Obama killing Americans with no due process is just fine with you? The drone strikes are find and dandy? How do people like you twist yourselves in to such hypocritical knots? Its disturbing.

I've said it already, I will say it again. Mitt Romney approves of these actions. Have you not been paying attention?

Pfft, I got 4 letters for you.... NDAA

edit on 29-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Yes, exactly, Mitt Romney approves of the the NDAA... Again, have you not been paying attention?

Here's some evidence for you...

How do you feel about that?

ETA: LMFAO! You guys seriously think this guy is better than Obama? He's a blood thirsty idiot. He can't wait to get his finger on the button. :shk:
edit on 29-9-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Ive already said that I did not like Romney but he isnt the current President and he did not authorize NDAA

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I can SEE the argument for "enhanced interrogation" and I understand why some would support it .. but they do so with extreme stupidity because you simply cannot rely on that data as factual.. when you torture someone they will often say what they think you want to hear just to stop the torture.. that means your information is dicey at best..

Then of course it's just WRONG to do that to someone.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Yes, but he doesn't oppose it so where does that leave your opinion of him? He's just as bad and potentially worse. He's sabre rattling already and he's not even even POTUS yet... You really don't have a leg to stand on using the NDAA as evidence that Romney is better than Obama.

Did you watch the video?

ETA: sORRY jUGGERNOG, i'VE JUST REREAD Your earlier posts, I guess I was aiming my comments towards anyone who supports Romney over Obama. They are two sides of the same coin.
Glad we are on the same page.

Damn, sorry for caps, really am too tired to write that again...
edit on 29-9-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It appears that some interesting information can be found in the Times article used as a source in the OP. It paints a little different picture.

The Romney campaign document, obtained by The New York Times, is a five-page policy paper titled “Interrogation Techniques.” It was a near-final draft circulated last September among the Romney campaign’s “national security law subcommittee” for any further comments before it was to be submitted to Mr. Romney. The panel consists of a brain trust of conservative lawyers, most of whom are veterans of the George W. Bush administration.
So we have no idea of what the final draft looked like, or whether Romney accepted it or not.

Uncertainties remain. One open question is whether a Romney administration would wait to decide which additional techniques to authorize until an important terrorism suspect is captured alive. That could take a while: the government’s counterterrorism apparatus has, under Mr. Obama, centered on tactics that kill, like drone strikes.

A distribution e-mail said that the paper “reflects input from several members of the subcommittee” without specifying them or saying whether anyone disagreed with it.
Again, advisors looked at the topic, had a discussion about it, and we don't know what the result was.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that this is one more small thing being exploded into a crisis, with the goal of exciting Democrat voters, and keeping the discussion away from more pressing national issues.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

OK, Romney supports these actions.

Is Romney the President, enacting these "kills", or "torture"? I think the current President, should be held to a higher standard. Holding a Presidential hopeful, to it, is weak, considering hes not even the President, and might not become a President! I wonder if and when Obama supporters will see this for what it truly is. Partisan Agenda, and amnesia of the current Presidents policy's. How much innocent blood, is on this current Presidents hands? Does it even matter, because hes not Mitt Romney?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

My point is, Romney isn't in office yet and still, he agrees with the NDAA. Listen, the guy is trying to win votes, so you would think that approving of such a clandestine bill would be a no-no for a presidential frontrunner. Yet, he endorses it anyway! What does that tell you?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
There are some principles that should never be discarded, even in the face of death, otherwise, all those soldiers in the past that also died for our freedoms we used to have was, all for not.

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Torture does not work

How do you know?

I bet even you can think of one instance where torture would be acceptable.

Say you have a time machine and go back to the day before the USA was nuked by 500 nukes at the same time in 500 major US cities. Lets say you found the guy who just delivered these launch codes to the main nuke controller but he's not talking. You just let him walk? See you in the next life.. or do you torture him to get the info and save your country?.

See you in the next life then. I believe the US Constitution protects it's citizens from such people as i made up in the above story. If a human being is vile, evil and out to kill others and he is holding the key to others salvation, I don't see torture as being against our principles. It's a necessary evil in itself and a last resort but if it comes down to it for the greater good, you must do it to protect the innocent others.

You know what I see in this thread? a community of politically correct wimps who will likely get us all killed. Thank God there are some people out there whose job it is to do these things and protect us from ourselves. I agree our Military is corrupt and mostly out for someones agenda who does wrong like killing for gain most of the time but there are some areas where these things must be done for the greater good. Some people claim torture doesn't work and of course the info can be unreliable and not work on all people - but it does work on some and those people tell the truth as they know it - for the others, we need other tactics. If you find one foolproof tactic that always works 100% and the info is always accurate, then I'd be the first in line to support it, but sadly, that doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It tells me they are the same. The hypocritical Left though, have no problem, pointing Romney's faults, all the while claiming evil incarnate, while their man Obama, is the guy who signed in NDAA, resigned the Patriot Act, used drone Warfare, and has a "kill list". But we are still talking about Romney?

HYPOCRITES

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Que the "but Obama is WORSE"

I see.

So it makes more sense to worry about what a candidate *might* do, rather than address the *actual* things an incumbent does, which pale in comparison to the first concern?

and "torture isnt really THAT bad" posts in 3...2...1...

No. It is *that* bad. As all of the rest of what I outlined above.

But because *your* guy does it, most of you will give him a pass.

You need to read more.

Funny, you tell me I need to read more, and tell me that Obama is "my guy", yet neither of those things are true. I can almost guarantee I read more news, from more sources, that you. And no, I will not be voting Obama in this election.

Nice attempt though....wait, not it wasn't. Thanks for proving me correct, though.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

So you zombies will rage about a memo, but you wont rage about your own president who can and has killed Americans with no due process? Can you get any more hypocritical? You know Gitmo is still open, right?

Que the "but Obama is WORSE" and "torture isnt really THAT bad" posts in 3...2...1...

but I digress. This comes as no shock. The GOP is very pro "war on terror", even if it means becoming terrorists themselves.

OBAMA IS THE PRESIDENT NOT ROMNEY!

Geez, do you people live in an alternate reality or what? You're so utterly deluded. Especially considering the crux of most your defenses for Obama's failings is "Bush did it too".
edit on 29-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

Please quote for me where I said anything about Bush. You GOP shills do like to jump to conclusions, with both feet. Tends to only make you look foolish, though.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am not even American. I support neither Obama or Romney. Ron Paul would be my choice but sadly it's not my call. I just see the Realspoke getting critisized for showing Romney's views and wanted to put things in perspective. I have no idea who you guys are going to vote for but like I said, anyone but Romney, please.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Torture is evil!

Gm is alive and Bin Laden is dead!

Romney is Evil!

Gm is alive and Bin Laden is DEAD!

Indeed what a bunch of hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I am not even American. I support neither Obama or Romney. Ron Paul would be my choice but sadly it's not my call. I just see the Realspoke getting critisized for showing Romney's views and wanted to put things in perspective. I have no idea who you guys are going to vote for but like I said, anyone but Romney, please.

Let me know when the OP creates a thread "criticizing" Obama, and his tactics.

I wont be looking for it though,cause that would mean honest, open discussion, not one-sided finger-pointing, in an effort to Pander Agenda, or garner S&F's.......Just MHO.

Peace.
edit on 29-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

ETA: sORRY jUGGERNOG, i'VE JUST REREAD Your earlier posts, I guess I was aiming my comments towards anyone who supports Romney over Obama. They are two sides of the same coin. Glad we are on the same page.

Is cool bro... Im fed up with the entire political system.. No I do not like Obama at all but I also do not like Romney.
I know people say it all the time but my choice wouldve been Ron Paul, that will never happen though.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Torture doesn't work?

How was the information obtained to kill Bin Laden?

Whispering sweet nothings in their ears?

Some people have no clue, seriously torture,and rendition has been used for decades in this country long before it was "en vogue" to bash Bush over or the right.

From the Johnson adminstration(vietnam) all the way to present day, but pay no never mind to the facts.

Please by all means continue with that famous dogma.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think the misconception about torture not working is almost entirely the media's doing in modern times. In past times, it was the manly image to maintain. I've noticed in books and reports about Vietnam as one example, more recent ones are more realistic. To read the reports now, everyone....EVERYONE (glances at McCain) broke. No exceptions...unless we count some who didn't survive that process.

The question I've always had personally and why I'm against torture in almost all cases is how far into what we know the Vietnamese interrogators became are we willing to see OUR people go? It takes a monster to torture effectively. So where is monster school? Do we want to go down that path? It's kind of a moot point now considering it's BEEN policy for almost 12 years now I suppose.....

Torture absolutely does seem to work though... Our troops today are trained to last for xx hours...NOT expect to last forever, because, as they learned, NO ONE does..and everyone breaks. Eventually. I think learning that reality from myth destroyed a lot of men who came back from Vietnam thinking they failed as men for NOT holding out indefinitely.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join