It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney TORTURE Memo Leaked

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

The commentator is right about the depths of the stupidity of the Romney camp, but what's worse this makes it look like a vote for Romney is a vote for a return to the utter insanity and unrestricted wickedness of Bush/Cheney, and of the return of the crazy people. How base, how low, how stupid. "Hey, when we win the election, let's start torturing people again, and here the memo on how we'll make it look legit, but don't care once we have absolute power back in our very hot little hands."

It would be really funny, if it wasn't so grave and if it didn't speak so low to our common interest.

If this story goes anywhere - he's toast. Because of this, it would look good on him (not that I'm all FOR Obama).

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I hope the rest of the MSM run with this.. it's big, and says alot and reminds of why Romney had Condeleeza Rice sitting beside him during the GOP Convention.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Torture should not be part of a civilised society

Yah tell that to the Viet Cong

They took him captive and marched him through the jungle. At night, he was tied spread-eagled on the ground to four stakes to stop him escaping.

In the mornings, his face would be so swollen from mosquito bites he was unable to see.

Far worse was to come. After an early escape attempt, Dengler was picked up by his guards at a jungle water hole. This was when the torture began.

"I had escaped from them, they wanted to get even," he said.

They would hang him upside down by his ankles, with a nest of biting ants over his face, until he lost consciousness. At night, they suspended him in a freezing well so that if sleep came, he feared he would drown.

Other times, he was dragged by water buffalo through villages, his guards laughing as they goaded the animal with a whip.

Bloodied and broken, he was asked by Pathet Lao officials to sign a document condemning America, but still he refused, so the torture intensified. Tiny wedges of bamboo were inserted under his fingernails and into incisions on his body to grow and fester.

"They were always thinking of something new to do to me," Dengler recalled.

"One guy made a rope tourniquet around my upper arm. He inserted a piece of wood, and twisted and twisted until my nerves cut against the bone. The hand was completely unusable for six months."

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...< br /> Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

True story and portrayed in movie

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Obama- Illegally kills citizens of other countries in groups to get one supposed target.

Has kill orders for American Citizens with no due process.

Romney- gets a memo.

Yeah.
I see what you did there.
edit on 29-9-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

We were (are) supposed to be better than that.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think the misconception about torture not working is almost entirely the media's doing in modern times. In past times

It is the sympathy trick used by radicals to cause Americans to believe that we are the big bad meanies hurting innocents while the communists, the terrorists, criminals, and the most evil people get away with robbing us blind, and destroying our country.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
the hypocrisy of the American Left

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Just a quick thought.

Bloodied and broken, he was asked by Pathet Lao officials to sign a document condemning America, but still he refused, so the torture intensified.
How many Americans, even ATSers, are happy to condemn America without any inducement at all? They want to do it, and jump at every opportunity they can get.

I'm saddened and frightened.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Let me know when the OP creates a thread "criticizing" Obama, and his tactics.

Fail. I have multiple.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's sad all of the people here that are deflecting this topic onto Obama

This has nothing to do with Obama. Romney supports the NDAA and admits he would renew it... And he supports the kill list. His admin is the same exact Bush blood thirsty neo-cons. GET OVER IT.
edit on 29-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

What was the point of posting that? I don't get your point. Pretty sure by most American standards the vietkong weren't civilized, Vietnam was a third world country. Most of the fighters were farmers that lived in extreme poverty and had little to no training or education.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by sonnny1

Let me know when the OP creates a thread "criticizing" Obama, and his tactics.

Fail. I have multiple.

Yawn.

Compared to this?

Yeah, I see what your saying..........

I stand firm, on what I said.

I wont be looking for it though,cause that would mean honest, open discussion, not one-sided finger-pointing, in an effort to Pander Agenda, or garner S&F's.......Just MHO.
edit on 29-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You fail, I've dissed Obama on the things I don't like about him. You tried to say I didn't, which was a false statement.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I was a little curious about the "fail" charge, but you're right. You do have a thread criticizing the drone strikes, so, technically, he's wrong.

Here's the OP from your second link:

I don't know what the headline means exactly. Is he asking Obama to hide the documents or something? It breaking so I guess it just happened, the live stream of it is above. There isn't an article to go with it.

--------------------------
Holder Contempt Vote Prepared in House
Holder Asks President Obama to Exert Executive Privilege
Obama Asserts Executive Privilege
Issa pushes ahead with Holder contempt vote despite Obama intervention

House Republicans appear to be charging ahead with a high-drama contempt vote against Eric Holder, after GOP Rep. Darrell Issa said the attorney generally failed to produce the documents he requested for the probe into the Justice Department's botched Fast and Furious operation.

Is that being critical of Obama and his policies? Throughout the rest of your posts in that thread, you complain most about the Republicans running the hearing.

But yes, you're right, you did start one thread opposed to an Obama policy.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
First the right wingers tried to deflect the issue of Romneys torture memo onto Obama, now they are going for me.

Get over itttttttt. Romney is a neo-con Bush admin war hawk who likes to torture people........loves the kill lists.....loves the NDAA. And would continue all of Obamas war on terror policies.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Is that being critical of Obama and his policies? Throughout the rest of your posts in that thread, you complain most about the Republicans running the hearing.

LOL, no I don't. I complain about the democrats. Stop lying..

Listening to this congressional hearing makes me so let down. Most of them are shilling for Holder.

Agree. All the reps shilling for them keep going on about governmental reforms and other off topic filler speech. What do reforms have to do with Holder LYING about his knowledge in the program and failure to comply with subpoenas for months? Agreeing to release documents as long as the charges were dropped, but denied to otherwise.

reps as in representatives

LOL that guy was getting on my nerves. Pausing every word and then calling it a kangaroo court to Holders demise. Pretty sure it seems like it is the other way around, but whatever. The 2nd lady that spoke started going on about gun laws as well. It is weird to keep bringing it up as it is completely irrelevant to the hearing, the hearing is about Holder being in contempt...not guns.

The whole thread all I did was bash democrats. See what happens when you assume....because I know you didn't read it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Romney supports the NDAA and admits he would renew it
It passed in the Senate 93-7. Only three Democrats voted against it. What do you want him to do, veto it? I know there's a lot of opposition to a couple of provisions out of thousands, but those can be repaired.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

There was more to the discussion, in my Post.

"I wont be looking for it though,cause that would mean honest, open discussion, not one-sided finger-pointing, in an effort to Pander Agenda, or garner S&F's.......Just MHO."

That was the meat that was clearly left out, in the discussion.

Peace out.
edit on 29-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Personally i don't believe anything will change with either one. It doesn't matter who you vote for. NDAA, the small arms debacle, killing of american citizens with no due process, business killing regulations and taxes, proxy wars, cispa, torture, they will all continue under both obama and romney. This election pretty much means nothing, as much as i hate to say it.

Torture is very much alive and well unfortunately. You can sign your name anywhere but you can't babysit the contractors.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Are we really that surprised though? Come on, it was a Republican president that decided is was okay. All that has changed is the face of the organization.

A little.
All the GOP voices sing the same song.
"Bush is not president anymore!"
"You cannot blame Bush anymore!"
"We did not even support Bush!"
So why they are trying to hard to install Bush Jr 2.0 does surprise me a little.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join