It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom & Pop Bakery Says No to Joe (Biden)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Its ignorant and stupid not to understand the full concept of: "You didn't build that".

I was a business owner - - I understand it.

Besides - - as much as I hate the excuse "it was taken out of context" - - - this time its actually true. It was taken out of context.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by neo96

Hmm.

The wife works 24 hours a day sometimes, and you applaud her stupidity because it suits your Agenda.

Her work hours remind me of Romney visiting a Factory/Slave complex in China.

He too was impressed with what he saw.
edit on 28-9-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

Stupidity? Really? I am self-employed and come from a family of small business owners. All of my family have paid their dues, ridiculous hours, etc. In the beginning stages of business, most people do this if they are to be successful. So glad you are above it, but most do what it takes.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by hawkiye
If not me has my doubts...
Doubt this if you will, But I will speak the Truth.

This Business refused Biden because of the "you didnt build that" quote.
I have read your postings, you know Full Well what Obama Meant when he said that, But because it is a "catch phrase" to use out of Context, your willing to go against the truth you know, to push your agenda for Romney.

Not knowing the truth, and believeing it , is a fallacy all of us have.

Your knowing the truth, and denying it, is Pathetic.

Wow you just keep stepping in one cow pie after another... You claim you have read my postings and then go on to claim I am pushing an agenda for Romney LOL
which proves you have not read my postings as you claim and did not even fully read the OP of this thread... Sigh. I challenge you to post a quote from me in any thread pushing an agenda for Romney?

I have never heard the speech Obama made where the statement was made because I do not waste my time watching the politics/lies of either side. I in fact abhor the whole left right paradigm distraction but you would have known that if you really had read even just a few of my postings. However having said that I would bet dollars to donuts it was not as out of context as some like to claim. But i really don't care it was not the focus and I would have posted this just the same if it was Romney they snubbed.

I did hesitate to post this story because some might dive right into the whole left vs right non-sense. These people did not make one mention of Romney or who they might support at all so just because one does not support Obama does not mean they automatically support Romney.

They are just hard working people who stuck with their convictions whether you agree with them or no and it paid off for them. It is nice so see for a change so please leave the whole left v right BS out of this thread from now on... Thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

just because one does not support Obama does not mean they automatically support Romney.
It is nice so see for a change so please leave the whole left v right BS out of this thread from now on... Thanks.

You may not have meant it(thread) to lean towards one or another.

But glance through your thread again, Rombots are gathered in a circle, mutually gratifying each other.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am surprised this has been raised again since this was all over my local news over a month ago.

I pass by this place sometimes on my ramblings. Have to say I thought it was funny when someone put a whole bunch of Obama/Biden yard signs all over the front. Some people just have large hairy ones I guess. I am assuming it is college kids being Radford University is just right down the street.

But, though the business had a great boost a lot of times when I pass it by it is empty. That isn't to say it doesn't do take out business just I pass it by often and rarely see people sitting in the chairs.

I would wager it still gets decent business though because the college is right there and it is basically the "center" of the busy part of town and it is really Radford's only cookie shop outside of Walmart and Wades bakeries.

Of course "Hate Obama" radio is strong in this part of the country. Even my favorite rock station hates democrats so much it drips off their talk shows like a green toxic waste so I can see why the shop keeper feels the way he does.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

They were also at odds with Obama for telling small business owners "You didn't build that".

As Chris explained, he and his wife did build their store and weren't going to be used for the Obama administration's political purposes....

I cannot hit my palm against my face hard enough. Obama never said that no one ever built their business, he specifically said the roads and bridges the bring customers and supplies, the power grid, infrastructure that makes the difference between a store and a building.

I have to wonder if all those seats are empty because he refuses free advertising over his own ignorance all the time.
edit on 28-9-2012 by wascurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I have never heard the speech Obama made where the statement was made

So you have no idea how stupid the people in your story are, do you?
Because giving up free advertising over something so far out of context to stand proudly in front of empty chairs is pretty damn stupid.

Why would you even post something you yourself are not qualified to opine on?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

I have never heard the speech Obama made where the statement was made

So you have no idea how stupid the people in your story are, do you?
Because giving up free advertising over something so far out of context to stand proudly in front of empty chairs is pretty damn stupid.

Why would you even post something you yourself are not qualified to opine on?

Wow you are really embarrassing yourself. Go read the OP ALL THE WAY THROUGH OR WATCH THE VIDEO AT LEAST. They did not miss any opportunity their business is now booming because of this. They got more publicity for sticking to their convictions then letting Biden use them for political gain.

And by the way this is not about some BS Statement Obama made that his blind devotes insist was taken out of context it's about sticking to convictions... Please refrain from further posting in this thread until you actually read the OP and watch the video then maybe you can stay on topic and say something germane to the discussion...

Edited to add: Ok Since some are getting uppity about the Obama statement I went on youtube and listened to it. "If you got a business you didn't build that some one else created that"... Its not out of context at all. He is full of it. Some people think in order to have a business you just get a place and put a sign up and everyone will be knocking down the doors.... As for roads and bridges they stole our money to build those via tax/theft schemes but that did not build my business that did not create a product or service of value that people want. I did that no one else did. Of course you had teachers and mentors in your life that it is given but all the the teachers and mentors don't mean squat if you do not get off your ass and create value that people will want and then also spend time money and resources letting people know you have value to offer them.

All those roads and bridges don't mean jack if no on knows you exist you have to build it promote it run it and create value so don't tell me I did not build it.

Obama is just like many who have never started a business in their lives and has no clue of the blood sweat and tears that goes into building a successful business! What business did he ever build?

edit on 28-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Please refrain from further posting in this thread until you actually read the OP
No Worries.
It was a none story from the Get Go.

I just stopped by to Spar with my Rombot m8s.

The thread , in all its glory, is yours.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

And by the way this is not about some BS Statement Obama made that his blind devotes insist was taken out of context it's about sticking to convictions... Please refrain from further posting in this thread until you actually read the OP and watch the video then maybe you can stay on topic and say something germane to the discussion...

Fortunately I do not take orders from you about my posting habits.

You said you did not even hear the speech yet you have an opinion on it. It does not get any stupider than that.
He got more publicity this way.

Love to know how you know that.
You really just spouted nothing but ignorance from the OP to this last post and I read it all.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
get over it.

they blew a chance to have endless streams of customers, a picture hanging over their wall with joe biden over a stupid comment that they probably didn't even understand.

i know what obama meant when he said you didn't build it. he meant that we each have a hand in each others success.

here was a chance for them to build their business, and they said no. i guess all those empty chairs will be a comfort.

edit on 28-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

so are you one of those Soros puppets trolling the net shooting down conservatives?
heck of a quick, negative, knee-jerk response.
do you guys randomly surf? or do you have a google search with buzz words ('Biden', 'Virginia Bakery')?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Fortunately I do not take orders from you about my posting habits.

You said you did not even hear the speech yet you have an opinion on it. It does not get any stupider than that.
He got more publicity this way.

Love to know how you know that.
You really just spouted nothing but ignorance from the OP to this last post and I read it all.

Um no I did not have an opinion on it I have consistently said the thread is not about it but you obviously are reading challenged and have been consistent in proffering complete fantasies and it seems you have no intention of actually reading what was actually said and are all in on continuing to display your ignorance and complete lack of understanding... Knock yourself out nough said.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Who wants to bet they got a small business loan to help start up that company?

You know, those small business loans backed by the government.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Who wants to bet they got a small business loan to help start up that company?

You know, those small business loans backed by the government.

You mean one of those loans taken from the taxes stolen from them their parents and all of us? It's always possible or perhaps they got one from a local bank or credit union? Or maybe they saved their money and rented a shop and went for it?

So what they are still the ones creating value and spending their time money and resources to build the business so people know they have value to offer. A business loan isn't worth squat if you do not put in the hard work to build a business offering value people are willing to pay for. 80% of new businesses fail within the first year.

So all the people knocking these folks tell us what business you created or do you just have a job?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm not knocking them, just calling them hypocrites.

And yes, I have a job. I work for myself, I do very well. But I understand that without government funded research to develop the internet, I would have no business.

So you won't find me touting an arrogant slogan thinking I am the almighty and that things the government has done and funded hasn't helped me.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm not knocking them, just calling them hypocrites.

And yes, I have a job. I work for myself, I do very well. But I understand that without government funded research to develop the internet, I would have no business.

So you won't find me touting an arrogant slogan thinking I am the almighty and that things the government has done and funded hasn't helped me.

Why are you calling them hypocrites? You have no idea how the started their business so you speculate and then call them hypocrites? How ironic.

Do you seriously believe the internet would not have happened without government? On the contrary it probably would have happened years earlier. Private bulletin boards and networks were up at the same time or before the military had an internal network. And beside the initial backbone was some military main frames but they did not develop beyond simply text transfer. Entrepreneurs built what we have today.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lets use our critical thinking skills on this one America

Obama, July 13: There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together.

Obama’s comments were not entirely new. The president frequently speaks about the role of government in a free-market society, as he did in his 2011 State of the Union address:

Obama, Jan. 25, 2011: Our free enterprise system is what drives innovation. But because it’s not always profitable for companies to invest in basic research, throughout our history, our government has provided cutting-edge scientists and inventors with the support that they need. That’s what planted the seeds for the Internet. That’s what helped make possible things like computer chips and GPS. Just think of all the good jobs — from manufacturing to retail — that have come from these breakthroughs.

factcheck.org

By the way I'm not a fan of Obama, but let's keep it real.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Yeah we get it he is saying you didn't build the roads and bridges but you did with stolen tax money! He also said you did not build your business by yourself and many did. If government didn't steal from the people they would build the roads and bridges and they did before government began stealing from them and calling it taxes...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Their business probably won`t last long, they don`t seem to have good business sense.They let their political principles get in the way of operating their business.It might have worked out for them this time but it won`t be like that every time. They gave up free publicity and increased sales for political principles they need to learn to separate business from political principles.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
get over it.

they blew a chance to have endless streams of customers, a picture hanging over their wall with joe biden over a stupid comment that they probably didn't even understand.

i know what obama meant when he said you didn't build it. he meant that we each have a hand in each others success.

here was a chance for them to build their business, and they said no. i guess all those empty chairs will be a comfort.

edit on 28-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

oh puuulllease! They will get even MORE biz now because they refused to compromise their principles AND there are a huge number of anti-obama people these days. I would personally give my money to a business who DOESNT support obama. There are multitudes like me.

Didnt mean "didnt build that?" Are you kidding?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join