learn more

Mom & Pop Bakery Says No to Joe (Biden)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus

Their business probably won`t last long, they don`t seem to have good business sense.They let their political principles get in the way of operating their business.It might have worked out for them this time but it won`t be like that every time. They gave up free publicity and increased sales for political principles they need to learn to separate business from political principles.

Well, we see where all of that free publicity got Scott Van Duzer when Obama visited his restaurant.

The owner of a Florida pizza shop says people are boycotting his business because he bear-hugged President Barack Obama on Sunday.

"People are saying a lot of bad things and boycotting my restaurant,” Scott Van Duzer, 46, told POLITICO.

www.politico.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

As Chris explained, he and his wife did build their store and weren't going to be used for the Obama administration's political purposes....

No they didn't build all of it. They didn't invent the cupcake or cookie. They just built on other peoples ideas. They also didn't invent their ovens, counters, display cases, the building they are in the list goes on and on. Lets face it some people are just too ignorant to understand Obama when he said you didn't build it.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
"My faith in Gaaad... anyway"

Yeah, lets see if that can get you a few more customers right? Better mention God while you can, just slide it in there and pretend that it belongs. Why not mention guns, the bible and your thoughts on gay marriage too, I'm sure you'll have the right-wing beating the door down if you just keep saying what you think people want to hear.

I'm sorry, but that was an obvious cynical statement, completely out of place and deliberately done to please the bible bashers watching the report.

Okay, so the guy turned down Biden, and that's why they think they're getting all those customers. The fact is, if you get enough publicity it doesn't matter what you say, or what your opinions are. There are always going to be people who agree with you. The fact that this story was picked up by the right-wing press is what has given him all those customers, that's it, nothing else.

If he'd agreed to do it, and that had been plastered all over the blogs, he would probably have had even more business. That's the nature of viral marketing. Anyone can get a mention on a high traffic site or a news report and have a massive spike in business. The problem is, IT DOESN'T LAST.

This guy is not a businessman, he's running a hobby. It's great having conviction and ethics in business, but he will fail if he's making his business decisions based on how he misinterpreted a statement.

And yes, he did misinterpret the statement. Obama was talking about the roads being built to get your product to people, the development of the internet to help you reach your audience, the postal workers delivering... you cannot have a business without the infrastructure there to support it or a method to get your product to those who want it.

Why is that millions can understand this fact but hundreds of thousands of right-wing idiots can't? Do we speak a different language all of a sudden?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by hawkiye

As Chris explained, he and his wife did build their store and weren't going to be used for the Obama administration's political purposes....

No they didn't build all of it. They didn't invent the cupcake or cookie. They just built on other peoples ideas. They also didn't invent their ovens, counters, display cases, the building they are in the list goes on and on. Lets face it some people are just too ignorant to understand Obama when he said you didn't build it.

This is absolutely right. But I guess these folks don't want to give the "littler guy" any recognition for the business they built "with their own two hands!"

No one would be in business without others laying the groundwork, that is a fact. People can try to deny it all they want, but I'd like them to explain how they would run a business without the roads, without the internet, without phone lines, without cars...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
they should have said yes and then called Biden out on whatever it was they have their disagreements with...

you know, for the whole world to see? have a little debate in their store

You really think the obama media would have allowed that to be aired?
No, I think the SS would've stepped in and told them to just stand there and look happy and nod your heads in agreement.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by hawkiye

You people crack me up those things weren't just given to them. Other people built that stuff so they could sell it to people like them and carve out their niche and make money, THEY PAID FOR IT just like everyone does to start and build a business. They paid for those ovens display cases internet access and the building they are in. You people act like everyone just has free access to all that stuff. Sigh! They do not owe anyone anything they built their business and offer value to their customers, they patronized other businesses to get the stuff they needed to start theirs that's how it works from the small town farmers trading eggs for wheat to the big moguls that built the electrical grids and sky scrapers. its called fair trade and economy and that is how it has always worked despite marxist propoganda.

Someone else may have invented the cup cake cookie or what ever but they had to put in the time money and resources to get people to try theirs and want to come back for more it does not just magically happen as some seem to think.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

People can try to deny it all they want, but I'd like them to explain how they would run a business without the roads, without the internet, without phone lines, without cars...

Businesses existed long before the internet, phones, and cars! They built their own roads when needed. Most of the roads in America before the 1950s were built by private businesses for profit. Even government still hires private businesses to build roads today they just use stolen tax money to pay them. So some business is making a profit by building something of value that other business and people can use to build their businesses...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
hmmm, just look at all the empty chairs behind that guy. I bet he would be better off economiclly speaking if he had taken the deal. Oh well, stupid is.......

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes , it only takes a min to read the damn post,,

Good for this dude, had I been in his shoes I would have also refused!
GOOD JOB DUDE !

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by randomname
get over it.

they blew a chance to have endless streams of customers, a picture hanging over their wall with joe biden over a stupid comment that they probably didn't even understand.

i know what obama meant when he said you didn't build it. he meant that we each have a hand in each others success.

here was a chance for them to build their business, and they said no. i guess all those empty chairs will be a comfort.

edit on 28-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

LOL! Nice how you put your foot in your mouth by not really reading the OP or watching the video. The local news ran a story that went viral on the refusal and Tons of Business is now pouring in...
Not only the poster, but also the 13 members that starred the post forgot to read the story. Maybe they read it, but have a problem with retention.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yes, Obama making the statement tries to make a small business owner into a welfare recipient. He supposes that the government builds the roads and bridges. They pay higher prices than a private entity would to get it done with usually lower quality provided in the end, all while using money provided by taxpayers. Taxpayers are both business owners and their employees that EARN money by working. Of course the government takes a cut of those tax dollars to keep itself running, oh so smoothly.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
hmmm, just look at all the empty chairs behind that guy. I bet he would be better off economiclly speaking if he had taken the deal. Oh well, stupid is.......
I guess you didn't watch the video?

Watch the video and read the thread, then reread your post.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Thanks for proving my point. He said that other people helped to build your business just like you said they did.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
They're gonna regret it when their business ends up closing by the end of the year.... Should have just used the stupid publicity whether you like Obama or not.... Would attract more people than you think...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow, all these rabid people just because a couple of people dared say no to the goobermint.

I guess this is all just one aspect of PDS, or presidential Derangement Syndrome.

They said no, I don't see the big deal. Such is their right. Now everybody wants to see them fail and be hung just because.

I weep for this country.

I really don't understand the knee jerk reaction to everything.

This is really not a big deal.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That is just what liberals do. Look at Obama . You didn't build that. It was the video. It isn't a tax. I didn't know Wright was crazy. Rich people are bad unless they are actor and make stupid videos to support me.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

They just got all the publicity they need.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Without customers I am just a woman with big ideas and bunch of inventory. Its not truly a business until I have people coming in and paying for said goods. So I get what Obama is saying....even if I dont buy this political dog and pony show for one second. I am a business owner and even though I came up with the premise, designed the inventory and its my name on the dotted line.......I can't do this alone. To say that I built up my business on my own would be a lie and it would be ignoring the customers that are truly responsible for its growth. I set up shop....but the building up of my business was a collaborative effort.

Just like all these big corporations. If you really wanna think about it....they didn't come about on their own. YOU built walmart, lol. And before anyone comes with the..."nuh-uh...cause I dont shop at Walmart" I was merely using it as an example. Every media conglomerate, big banking cartel, overhyped software company and child labor using clothing company would be nothing were it not for YOU the consumer. Thats why things like boycotting have such power. We are in this together, like it or not. We must share in the victories as well as the defeats.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

yep I agree,
The mega rich corporations and people didn`t get mega rich by standing for principles,they got mega rich by taking advantage of every opportunity,thats why they donate money to both candidates so that whoever wins they still have their mega rich hands in the political pie to influence policy that will benefit themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Win/win, for the mega-rich and the politicians.

Oh, the voters lose, but they don't count for anything in the first place.
edit on 29-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join