It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTH PEOPLE? seriously??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What is wrong with people and what are these recent topics about ahmadinejad? As a Persian (iranian citizen) I'm shocked. DId you guys know what he did before he was the "president" of Iran? Do you guys know what happens to people in Iran who do not agree with the regime or question the regime? Do you know how many people have been murdered and tortured to death because of their personal beliefs or religious views? My mothers cousin was executed.

Please
edit on 9/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tmpxvx

Pictures or didn't happen....I kid, I kid.

Have those threads gotten worse lately?
All those threads seem to just devolve into an "Israel this Iran that" mud slinging contest. So I stopped bothering to read them a few months ago. People find the news stories that agree with their politics, and throw them around to further their personal agendas. I don't see it stopping any time soon.

What did Ahmadinejad do before he was president?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmpxvx
What is wrong with people and what are these recent topics about ahmadinejad? As a Persian (iranian citizen) I'm shocked. DId you guys know what he did before he was the "president" of Iran? Do you guys know what happens to people in Iran who do not agree with the regime or question the regime? Do you know how many people have been murdered and tortured to death because of their personal beliefs or religious views? My mothers cousin was executed.

Please

Respect.....................

Curious, what did he do prior to taking his current post?

Yes, like China and many others, it seems rather apparent what happens when you go against the establishments' ideals.

My thoughts go out to your Mothers Cousin.

Love conquers all.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Sounds familiar , most of them wait until they are president before doing all the evil stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
He was one of the thugs holding Americans hostage in Terhan back in 79-80? i think

Just another adherent of the 'religion of peace'

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So are you saying the people of Iran would welcome a 'humanitarian aid regime change' uprising/attack backed by the UN like that of Libya or Iraq?

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
These recent posts are trying to portrait him as a rightous human being lol. because he presents some facts at a UN meeting or whatnot. Tell a few facts and people take you for an honest man then feed them your lies. Typical text book.

There are NO REAL evidence of what ahmadinejad was doing before being a president, he doesn't really run anything tho. He's just a puppet. However some say he was an executioner at the evin prison. Putting the bullet in people.

If i had started a new threat operators im sorry, my post was supposed to be a thread reply not a topic post.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
So are you saying the people of Iran would welcome a 'humanitarian aid regime change' uprising/attack backed by the UN like that of Libya or Iraq?

A lot of people would, and alot of people wouldnt. There are a lot of uneducated people in iran because of the closed system there. the schools only teach islam history and iran history. Internet is censored..you can't even get on youtube without a proxy... half of those who can afford internet dont even know what a proxy is.

A lot of people would be against it cuz to many america and US or the west is portraited as the worst thing in the world. but how would they know right? they have been feed # since they were born, and now they are gonna change that to something else...not an easy task, but there are a lot of young people, mostly students who want a change and most of them get quiet down...taken to prison, tortured or killed... just youtube or google videos of students rioting and see what happens to them. they are a minority.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The problem is, a lot of people (myself included) don't know anything about they guy, or what goes on behind closed doors in Iran.

I used to think Iran was just like most places in the ME (Iraq etc), a lot of sand and camels (I know there is more to the ME than that, just trying to get my point across).

Then I seen a thread on ATS which showed it to be a lovely country (to look at), you can even ski? That took me by surprise.

Then you see Ahmadinejad speak on talk shows, or at the UN, and he comes across as someone who (despite his obsession with getting rid of Israel in favour of Palestine) wouldn't be out of place here on ATS.

He talks about conspiracy, corruption, world peace, everyone getting along and respecting each others traditions.

Ok, he hates Israel, not the Jews, just the ones occupying what he believes is Palestinian territory, when I seen that video of him meeting Jews in America, there was a genuine feeling of friendship amongst them.

He doesn't deny the holocaust, just the involvement of Palestine, and the actual death toll, all he wants is historians to be allowed to reopen the issue and find out the truth, nothing wrong with that.

His country persecutes homosexuals (I don't know if this is true or not), it wasn't that long ago homosexuality was frowned upon in the western world, we learned to accept, respect and understand it a bit quicker.

So, whilst it still seems to have some of the ME medieval traditions (especially towards women), it still seems like one of the better places in the ME, and if we are to take Ahmadinejad at face value and at what he says, a lot of our leaders could learn something from him.

This is just how it comes across to me from what little I know or have seen/heard. You say you are an Iranian citizen, why don't you tell us your story to give us another view to go by straight from the source.

I am open on the issue, I don't want to think good of a bad man, but I don't want to think bad of a (semi) good person based on hearsay or what propaganda our leaders expect us to believe.
edit on 28/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Please
Coolio. Lets start the Iran invasion and overthrow their established Government ASAP, this is the permission we need. Clearly Irans citizens want to see what happened to Libya and now Syria happen in Iran, except 100x worse. Great... now we have the confirmation needed to know that is what most of Iran's citizens want. Clearly this anonymous poster speaks for all Iranian citizens.
edit on 28/9/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Please

I think the majority of people are actually thinking about the PEOPLE of Iran, not their leader.

Most fully distrust any leader, from Ahmadinejad to Obama, Cameron to Hollande, Morsi to *insert another leader here*

The fact of the matter is many will automatically side with the underdog in such a situation.

I don't like any of them, I automatically view all governments as being totally corrupt, all leaders are self-serving, most are in place because they were chosen as a weak puppet able to be manipulated by powerful people. Ahmadinejad is no different in my opinion.

Like I said, I just think about the people of the nation, rather than their leader. But it's rarely the leader that has to face the consequences of their actions and decisions is it? It's the people who get bombed and shot at, while the leaders use their own citizens as shields and shrapnel.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by tmpxvx

Pictures or didn't happen....I kid, I kid.

Op must be lieing.

Look at this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

more in that thread. Ahmendinnerjacket is probably a hippy or something really nice in real life. As if he'd do or say anything bad, not with those pictures!!! Impossible!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I guess OP left Iran too soon ?
Iran is not behind in computing IMHO, they are never behind , until recently.
Their computer literacy are comparable if not better to other country.

I know this because - I still got spam, in their language!, those fscking iranian spammers!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Please

Liberals have a thing for Islamic extremest dictators. Like I said in another thread, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Republicans are more of any enemy to these people than a man who hangs people for being gay or women for getting raped. Their coo-coo for coco pops.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

The problem is, a lot of people (myself included) don't know anything about they guy, or what goes on behind closed doors in Iran.

No, no. That's not the problem. The problem is that ignorant people these days do not wish to inform themselves. So you wait until you are spoon fed.

I used to think Iran was just like most places in the ME (Iraq etc), a lot of sand and camels (I know there is more to the ME than that, just trying to get my point across).

And that says ENOUGH about your intellect. To assume rather than to research is a very big tell.

Then you see Ahmadinejad speak on talk shows, or at the UN, and he comes across as someone who (despite his obsession with getting rid of Israel in favour of Palestine) wouldn't be out of place here on ATS.

Majority of people on ATS believe in UFO hoaxes and nonsense and coincidentally, that's where most of the revenue is generated on ATS. If you're not out of place on most ATS topics, then there's something seriously wrong.

He talks about conspiracy, corruption, world peace, everyone getting along and respecting each others traditions.

He talks about it, as he conspires with his religious nut job freaks, corrupts the young generations of Iran through Islamic indoctrination and law.

Respecting each others traditions? Do you even have a clue how Iran has treated the Kurdish people? How about how they treat other ethnic minorities and religious minorities? Getting along? "World peace" and you believe that? LOL.

What you just uttered is 1000% NONSENSE. YOU are the one who's falling for propaganda from a moron like Ahmaginejad.

Ok, he hates Israel, not the Jews, just the ones occupying what he believes is Palestinian territory, when I seen that video of him meeting Jews in America, there was a genuine feeling of friendship amongst them.

WRONG. Again you fell for propaganda. That "meeting with Jews" was a meeting with fundamentalist rabbi's who, quite honestly, are insane. Those "Jews" want to see Israel wiped out, similar to Ahmaginejad. And it happened over 4 years ago. "Genuine feeling of friendship"? That's just lunacy.

He doesn't deny the holocaust, just the involvement of Palestine, and the actual death toll, all he wants is historians to be allowed to reopen the issue and find out the truth, nothing wrong with that.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, anyone who says such a thing is known to be a moron who should be ignored. You want to research it? Go ahead, go to what's left of the camps. People like you sicken me.

His country persecutes homosexuals (I don't know if this is true or not), it wasn't that long ago homosexuality was frowned upon in the western world, we learned to accept, respect and understand it a bit quicker.

I don't know how that constitutes an argument or a statement AT ALL. Just because something happened somewhere at some time does not mean it's right for it to happen NOW.

So, whilst it still seems to have some of the ME medieval traditions (especially towards women), it still seems like one of the better places in the ME, and if we are to take Ahmadinejad at face value and at what he says, a lot of our leaders could learn something from him.

But sadly, as you have proven yourself to know NOTHING about the ME, or Islamic culture and traditions. You don't know ANYTHING about Iran's political system either, nor do you seem to do any research or critical thinking of your own.

This is just how it comes across to me from what little I know or have seen/heard.

And without knowing if it's true or not, you peddle it forward like a good lemming. Wake up, you have fallen for Islamist propaganda.

You say you are an Iranian citizen, why don't you tell us your story to give us another view to go by straight from the source.

You want a story go research stuff for yourself. There are PLENTY of stories from Iranians on this very site if you cared to look. But you don't, since your disillusionment with your own government is so big, it keeps you from properly assessing sources for reliability.

I am open on the issue, I don't want to think good of a bad man, but I don't want to think bad of a (semi) good person based on hearsay or what propaganda our leaders expect us to believe.

Read that bit back for yourself please:

You don't want to think bad of a man "based on hearsay or what propaganda our leaders expect us to believe." Yet you find it absolutely effortless to minimize the suffering of MILLIONS of people in Iran, by claiming all the "bad" must be propaganda your leaders want you believe - while in reality, Ahmaginejad is peddling propaganda. Such idiocy.

Get help, you might have severe paranoia issues.
edit on 28-9-2012 by ClicheCalvicade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Please

Hey, thanks for speaking up. We always hear things differently in the media than they really are....

Anyway, that doesnt mean war is a good idea, or even ok. How many decent normal innocent people live in iran? Your citizens dont deserve to die. Whats going to happen in a war?

Im also going to say the west should stay out of it. Seems like we mostly meddle in other countries business and screw it all up.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

I could Google all day for answers, and the majority of what I read could be biased on the writers opinions.

The OPs answer to my questions could be biased from his / her opinions, but it's another angle to look at.

I am a seeker of truth on all subjects based on facts, with credible evidence to back it up.

I have no definite opinion on the man or the country, I only have what I have seen/read so far, and until I have solid evidence either way, I won't have a solid opinion.

Can I give you a piece of advice seems you are a new poster with obvious anger issues (do you need a big cuddly hug?), respect other peoples opinions here on ATS, even if they differ greatly from your own, and stop the name calling, be an adult.

It doesn't just keep you within the ATS T&C, it also makes you a better human being, and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by ClicheCalvicade

I could Google all day for answers, and the majority of what I read could be biased on the writers opinions.

And if you had any kind of decent education you would know how to value sources and how to evaluate the opinions of writers in context to the current situation.

I am a seeker of truth on all subjects based on facts, with credible evidence to back it up.

No you are not. Stop kidding yourself. You are a defender of dictators and liars as I can see so far. Why else would you choose to speak in defense of Ahmaginejad if you don't know the first thing about the region, it's politics, the cultures, the different people? You don't know ANYTHING.

I have no definite opinion on the man or the country, I only have what I have seen/read so far, and until I have solid evidence either way, I won't have a solid opinion.

You're not king of the world. You don't need to have an opinion or form one if you don't have the slightest clue to what's going on. "Better to have everyone think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and prove it!"

Can I give you a piece of advice seems you are a new poster with obvious anger issues (do you need a big cuddly hug?), respect other peoples opinions here on ATS, even if they differ greatly from your own.

I'm an assertive and straight to the point type of guy, you perceive anger because of indecision on your own behalf as you obviously do not know what to believe.

It doesn't just keep you within the ATS T&C, it also makes you a better human being, and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Listen; I don't care about any of that. I care about the people who are being cheated out of their voice by a dictator's lapdog like Ahmaginejad. You don't care about those people, so kindly keep your ignorant opinion to yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join