It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Attempts To Prevent Black People From Voting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Tea Party groups across Ohio have united to remove about 2,100 names from the voter rolls, mostly in counties that went heavily for Obama in 2008.

In addition to college students, Democrats point out that the majority of the voters targeted have been from other demographics that tend to support Obama, including African-Americans and poor people.

Ohio Republicans have also been trying to block early voting on the weekends, when a vast number of African-Americans turn out. Or, as Franklin County GOP Chairman Doug Preisse put it at one point: “We shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African American — voter-turnout machine.”

www.salon.com...

Monroe, who was recovering from cancer surgery, called the local election board to protest. A local tea party leader was trying to strike Monroe from the voter rolls for a reason that made no sense: Her apartment building in Lancaster was listed as a commercial property.

"I'm like, really? Seriously?" Monroe said. "I've lived here seven years, and now I'm getting challenged?"

The groups and their allies describe it as a citizen movement to prevent ballot fraud, although the Republican secretary of state said in an interview that he knew of no evidence that any more than a handful of illegal votes had been cast in Ohio in the last few presidential elections.

But Siegel signed 422 "Challenge of Right of Person to Vote" forms and submitted them to Hamilton County's elections board in July. She sought to remove the names from the voter rolls based on a Postal Service change-of-address registry. Siegel withdrew the challenges when the state declared the postal registry to be insufficient grounds to challenge voting rights.

True the Vote was founded by Catherine and Bryan Engelbrecht, a couple who run an oil field equipment manufacturing firm in Rosenberg, Texas.

Some Democrats see it as a targeted vote-suppression drive. The names selected for purging include hundreds of college students, trailer park residents, homeless people and African Americans in counties President Obama won in 2008.

www.latimes.com...

The Tea Party is really garbage, I wish they would all leave the country. I don't to live in the same state as these hateful tyrannical people. I thought they were supposed to be about freedom and small government? Clearly not, as they are trying to block as many democrats from voting as possible. This really just shows how desperate they are though, having to cheat because they are in a panic. Get over it, Obama is going to win.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So how the hell is someone getting 2100 names?

From the LA Times article which the "salon article is based off of" leaves quite a bit out.

Siegel, the Ohio project leader who is active in the Indian Hill Tea Party outside Cincinnati, called the project a nonpartisan attempt to ensure honest elections by cleaning up voter registration files. The project does not single out voters by race, party affiliation or neighborhood, she sai

The project does not single out voters by race, party affiliation or neighborhood, she saidi

But Siegel signed 422 "Challenge of Right of Person to Vote" forms and submitted them to Hamilton County's elections board in July. She sought to remove the names from the voter rolls based on a Postal Service change-of-address registry.

Based off Postal service change of address registry WHICH HAS JACK TO DO WITH RACE

Nice try with that political hackery piece from Salon,

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Several Tea Party groups have teamed up as part of the Ohio Voter Integrity Project, connected to the Texas organization True the Vote. The purpose, ostensibly, is to prevent voter fraud, though Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted has admitted that there have only been a few cases of fraudulent ballots over the last few presidential races.

WHY are private organization being given access to voter registration records?

WHY is a TEXAS group messing around with OHIO voter registration records?

HELLO Jon Husted - I guess this is your latest SNEAK ATTACK on voter access?

One of the project’s top priorities has been to remove college students from the voter rolls for failure to specify dorm room numbers. (As a group, college students are strongly in Obama’s camp.)

Removing voters for NOT SPECIFYING THEIR DORM ROOM NUMBER??

WTH is WRONG with America?

Jon Husted is a traitor to the US Constitution.

Also in a related move, Husted mailed out absentee-ballots cleverly disguised as campaign literature - by plastering it with his name all over it, and "re-elect Jon Husted" on it in three places. What would a democratic voter think when seeing something like that in their mail? "Oh it's just a campaign mailer for Husted, I'll just throw it away." - NOT realizing it was actually their mail-in ballot!

Husted has also mailed out the instruction for absentee ballots WEEKS after the ballots went out - with a never-before requirement to place your DL# in an unmarked corner of the ballot - YET NO INSTRUCTIONS TO DO THIS are included with the actual ballot!

Election fraud is happening right before your eyes.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If you watch this, it is obvious there are many who should not be voting, for anything.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The project does not single out voters by race, party affiliation or neighborhood, she saidi

LOL, that's what the Tea Party says, do you think they are going to admit that? READ THE ARTICLE.

Some Democrats see it as a targeted vote-suppression drive. The names selected for purging include hundreds of college students, trailer park residents, homeless people and African Americans in counties President Obama won in 2008.

In Ohio, election records show, one of the project's top priorities has been to remove college students from the voter rolls for failure to specify dorm room numbers. (As a group, college students are strongly in Obama's camp.)

I guess they just coincidentally target democrats?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Maybe we can round up a bunch of these guys and drop them off where these the baggers will be voting. To check credentials of course.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is just slandered rhetoric you see around voting time.
Typical for this type of media outlet and one-sided view.

I read the article and see a kneejerk reaction to give the "Tea party" a bad name.

Let's find whatever we can to smear the image of any party besides the big two.
Give me a break. The democrats aren't squeaky clean, either.

What's funny is that if it isn't articles like this, it's about showing ID to vote.
We should have to account for every vote, and it should matter.
People need to follow the rules and quit cheating to win.
Just like the changing of rules at the RNC.

Both sides are just as guilty, of trying to cheat to win.

What's the solution?
Follow the rules or get disqualified.
Either you fill out the right paperwork, correctly or it doesn't count.
Simple.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sprtpilot

If you watch this, it is obvious there are many who should not be voting, for anything.

Uh, no.. I'm not a tyrant, I'm not trying to take anyones vote away. If you advocate that you live in the wrong country.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96

LOL, that's what the Tea Party says, do you think they are going to admit that? READ THE ARTICLE.

In Ohio, election records show, one of the project's top priorities has been to remove college students from the voter rolls for failure to specify dorm room numbers. (As a group, college students are strongly in Obama's camp.)

I guess they just coincidentally target democrats?

These people are more likely to be in Romney's 47% so of course they want to block them from voting. Romney said they will be voting for the president.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

This is just slandered rhetoric you see around voting time.

No, it really isn't slandered rhetoric, it's facts. Go read the LA times article.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Voter fraud isn't a partisan issue.
All sides should support strict voter regulation.
For every vote cast by fraud, your legitimate vote is lessened.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Continued:

Siegel withdrew the challenges when the state declared the postal registry to be insufficient grounds to challenge voting rights.

Next:

Sharp confronted Kocher at an elections board hearing. Kocher, who displays signs on her front lawn for the Cincinnati Tea Party and Republican congressional candidates, told the board she mistakenly relied on "vacant lot misinformation" that she found on the county auditor's website. She apologized to Sharp.

Government records are screwed can not really fault them on that one,

I do not have a problem with address verification considering the dispersion of government funds depend on accurate information taken by the census,

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join