It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Presidential Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by beezzer

I would love to play Romney in this mock debate but I’m not moderate enough and I don’t change my opinion on the issues in midstream; I could never pull it off.

Sorry, we need a Romney!
I'm sure we'll have plenty of Obama's but can we find a Romney!

let's see...someone born wealthy, no empathy, flip-flops, doesn't want to talk about 90% of his life, writes off the bottom 150 million american people as worthless...might be a hard "get"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not trying to be silly here, but we actually would only need one member impersonating both and debate her/himself.

Not? ok. more Bacon i say....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by beezzer

I would love to play Romney in this mock debate but I’m not moderate enough and I don’t change my opinion on the issues in midstream; I could never pull it off.

Sorry, we need a Romney!
I'm sure we'll have plenty of Obama's but can we find a Romney!

let's see...someone born wealthy, no empathy, flip-flops, doesn't want to talk about 90% of his life, writes off the bottom 150 million american people as worthless...might be a hard "get"

I think we found our "Obama"!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat

Not trying to be silly here, but we actually would only need one member impersonating both and debate her/himself.

Not? ok. more Bacon i say....

I always will agree to more bacon, but maybe this "debate" will lay to rest the impression that they are the same.

Or it may reinforce it.

link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by beezzer

beezzer can I play as unseen Majestic 12 representative just making sure everything goes as planned
good idea I will be watching how this works snf
* cant star you

edit on 9/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

You can be the unseen illuminatti overlord feeding them their lines. (snare drum)

lol
ok returns to mother ship until election week
got to go check on VENUS elections next

link   
I see one huge glaring problem with this idea: How can one pretend to be Romney and have anything to say in the debate? To this day, Romney has not revealed anything regarding his foreign or domestic policy. Or does the "Romney" debater get to make up policy based upon their personal thoughts as the debate goes along?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
I see one huge glaring problem with this idea: How can one pretend to be Romney and have anything to say in the debate? To this day, Romney has not revealed anything regarding his foreign or domestic policy. Or does the "Romney" debater get to make up policy based upon their personal thoughts as the debate goes along?

I would imagine that the "Romney" would go to the Romney website and study where he stands on the specific issues.

Say I was Romney, I would be obligated to argue his position, not mine.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

lol
ok returns to mother ship until election week
got to go check on VENUS elections next

Not a problem!

*bows and scrapes at the floor*

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I would imagine that the "Romney" would go to the Romney website and study where he stands on the specific issues.

Obviously you would argue his positions, not yours. However, let's say you visit his website and look at his positions and let's say one of his position is to close tax loopholes. How can you debate beyond his position if you don't have the specifics of the policy to back up the position. In other words, how could you debate which loopholes, if the real Romney has not specifically stated them himself.

Without policy to backup the positions, the debate would be brief and meaningless.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Obviously you would argue his positions, not yours. However, let's say you visit his website and look at his positions and let's say one of his position is to close tax loopholes. How can you debate beyond his position if you don't have the specifics of the policy to back up the position. In other words, how could you debate which loopholes, if the real Romney has not specifically stated them himself.

Without policy to backup the positions, the debate would be brief and meaningless.

Perhaps. But that's why this should be illuminating, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by beezzer

I volunteer as coffee runner for the delegates......I wanna be the debate barista girl....

I think it's a good idea you've presented. You do know it will be hotly debated. Who puts the questions together...you?

Des
We could get a thread started just for the questions, and no. I don't pick the questions. Or at least not JUST me. I am partisan, after all.

Being an international website and all, and in keeping with the name - this should be the first topic..........

Q:The world is waiting for the US Government to announce disclosure on the subject of the UFO phenomena - why does the US Government insist on secrecy when other countries have released their files and all but admitted the reality of same?
edit on 27-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by beezzer

I volunteer as coffee runner for the delegates......I wanna be the debate barista girl....

I think it's a good idea you've presented. You do know it will be hotly debated. Who puts the questions together...you?

Des
We could get a thread started just for the questions, and no. I don't pick the questions. Or at least not JUST me. I am partisan, after all.

Being an international website and all, and in keeping with the name - this should be the first topic..........

Q:The world is waiting for the US Government to announce disclosure on the subject of the UFO phenomena - why does the US Government insist on secrecy when other countries have released their files and all but admitted the reality of same?
edit on 27-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

Will be a keeper for the debate!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea, as long as you pick a known Romney supporter to represent the Obama side, and vice versa.

This would make it more facts-based and remove the biased emotional components seen on the majority of the political threads here.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I think this is a great idea, as long as you pick a known Romney supporter to represent the Obama side, and vice versa.

This would make it more facts-based and remove the biased emotional components seen on the majority of the political threads here.

Truth!

I'd like to make this as accurate as possible.

That being said;
Mods?
Volunteers?

Do I hav a green light for yet another zany, time-consuming project?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
im no mod but i say go for it!
i am content just watching and lurking might pop in here or there with non sence

but seriously just make thread and run with it. after all its all user based content.
put it in bts thou
edit on 27-9-2012 by jplaysguitar because: j

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
im no mod but i say go for it!
i am content just watching and lurking might pop in here or there with non sence

but seriously just make thread and run with it. after all its all user based content.
put it in bts thou
edit on 27-9-2012 by jplaysguitar because: j

Thanks, and yeah, I see it being played out there, might have more freedom to "experiment" that way.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
the bunny of constant sorrow is at it again lol

oh you gota get the regent to help and crew from that thread as well EPIC
im check that recent posting board when you launch "presidential debate" 2012 ATS styled

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jplaysguitar
the bunny of constant sorrow is at it again lol

oh you gota get the regent to help and crew from that thread as well EPIC
im check that recent posting board when you launch "presidential debate" 2012 ATS styled

Thanks! It should be fun.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

One member gets to be Romney, the other, Obama.

Gotta have third and fourth party involvement.
Someone has to be Gary Johnson and someone has to be the Green party candidate ...
(IF you want to show the world how it should be properly done, that is)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

One member gets to be Romney, the other, Obama.

Gotta have third and fourth party involvement.
Someone has to be Gary Johnson and someone has to be the Green party candidate ...
(IF you want to show the world how it should be properly done, that is)

Okay. But I would limit it at 4. I still want to keep an element of seriousness involved.
(even if it is one of my projects)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join