It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran issues Canada travel warning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
As a Canadian, I have this overwhelming need to apologize...

(2nd line)

You forgot to ask if they need any help, lol.

(3rd line)

But I will say that there have been some highly questionable laws being passed in Canada nowadays.
edit on 27-9-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Max_TO

Ok now this is funny

No this is not funny

As a Canadian I am ashamed that we kicked out our Iranian ambassadors. Also please note that the Canadian government has announced that they are investigating Canadian citizens of Iranian decent for possible ties with the current regime in Tehran. Regrettably I cannot find a link right now but I will make sure to update once I found one because this was in the news last week or the week before.

Canada put the Japanese in camps during WW2 and I have no doubt that our current government would deport Iranians for ridiculous reasons, and any Iranian travelling into Canada would be kept under watch.

Our current "elected leaders" are nothing more than puppets to the war mongers who have their sites aimed at iran and Syria.

In my opinion this report coming from Iran to avoid travel to Canada is a valid warning, and if I were an Iranian I would obey it.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

There is a whole story to why we kicked them out. Our Intelligence agency had a eye on them for years and they were harbouring people from University for something here in Ottawa. There was a whole spiel about it in the news that was the prime reason why we kicked them out. A buddy at work told me about it few weeks ago.

And p.s if the Iranians don't drink or smoke or like women..wtf they doing in our beautiful country. If they can't adapt to my COUNTRY why bother to come??

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
In all fairness to the Times, Iranians and damn near everyone else should avoid the area of Jane and Finch in Toronto and Davies St. in Vancouver.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
As a Canadian, Living in Toronto, i have met many different people from middle east, Iranians are one of the best kind from there. I don't want to label but there are others from middle east who are much worse.

Canadian don't hate on any kind, of course, some folks, usually older, will gossip but that's about it.

Toronto, having the highest population, i only seen few fights that are between 2 difference racial groups. Most of them are fights within their own group or territory.

Gangs have been dieing out slowly, only the few main ones that are still "active" but those mainly fight with others gangs. They are usually situated in Jane/Finch, few in Malvern, than the Galloway drive. I live close to Malvern, but its not that dangerous..or have see a all out fights.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Looking at it from the bigger picture it makes sense and the press release supports that.

With no Iranian embassy in Canada Iranian citizens who are involved in the legal system in Canada will no longer have access to their consular officials. International Diplomatic Protocols require notification if a foreign national is taken into custody / charged. The Embassy will have access to information that would not be available to the general public and is done so to ensure the foreign national has complete and total access to the legal system as if they were a citizen of the country.

Without a diplomatic presence in Canada any Iranian national who is arrested will not have normal access to their embassy and very well may have to use a 3rd party country (as an example the US uses the Swiss embassy in Iran for communication).

While I dont see anything occuring in Canada that would result in unfair treatment towards Iranian nationals in the legal system, its better to be safe than sorry. We also need to put it into perspective from the Iranian side, which is to say they are taking steps to warn / inform / protect their nationals in Canada.

As much as the Iranain government irritates me I think this is a valid notification.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Does that not presuppose that Iranians would be involved in illegal activities? They live in a fairly rigid society as far as law goes. Can't see them breaking any of our laws. We're much more relaxed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you know, they laugh as well when Canadians are warned that they can get their heads cut off for no reason while in their country...

They must say to themselves "Ayman! Did you hear the one about us cutting people's heads off in the streets? Hahahaha! They should come around when the kids are playing 'Aladin', they will freak out at their plastic swords and think we are babaric!!"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It took this long for someone to.figure out Canada visitors should be warned ...

I have known not to go.there for a long time. Its always the quiet ones!! Somethings up.

Even france dislikes them right

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Before you go attacking other people from up on your high horse you might want to correct a few things you said (in ignorance) about the Iranian President.

He never "denied the holocaust" nor did he say he wanted "Israel wiped off the map"

These were intentional misinterpretations (big surprise) made to make him sound like a monster (again: big surprise)

Here is just one link that speaks to what was actually said vs. the bullSH!! that you seemed to swallow hook line and sinker

Also, the fact that you actually came in here and DEFENDED Richard Warman?! He has attacked and tried to ruin the lives of countless bloggers/writers just for voicing their opinions. He baits people by using false identities online and then jumps on them when he has what he needs to "wage WAR"
He is a piece of !

As for the topic of this thread, yes I understand the political gamesmanship going on with this. It doesn't change the fact it's ridiculous. If I had the $$$$$ I'd buy a front page of a national newspaper for a day and fly my own flag on it regarding this topic. Watch Harper go red in the face.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Xcathdra

Does that not presuppose that Iranians would be involved in illegal activities? They live in a fairly rigid society as far as law goes. Can't see them breaking any of our laws. We're much more relaxed.

Not necessarily however the term caveat emptor (may the buyer beware) comes to mind along with the adage of ignorance of the law is no excuse.

The US issues travels advisories to US citizens all the time however it does not mean all US citizens travelling abroad are going to be violating foreign law.

Its done to serve as a reminder that if you are a citizen of nation A and you travel to nation B, you should be aware there is increased tension between the governments / policies / etc that are being played out on the international stage that could spill over internally and be directed towards citizens of either country.

As an example the 2 students who wandered into Iranian territory while hiking in Iraq as well as the Marine who had family in Iran who was arrested and charged with espionage. There is no evidence to support the charge of espionage for either incident however because of the tensions between the 2 nations the individuals in question became a part of that international issue.

Agian I seriously doubt anything of that nature is going to occur to Iranian nationals inside of Canada nor do I beleive they would be denied access to the same legal remedies canadian citizens are guaranteed, however I dont set policies for the Iranian government when it comes to travel warnings....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
Before you go attacking other people from up on your high horse you might want to correct a few things you said (in ignorance) about the Iranian President.

While not directed at me I would like to respond...

He never "denied the holocaust" nor did he say he wanted "Israel wiped off the map"
Actually yes he did as did the Ayatollah. While people constantly fixate on the comments he made from 2005 (if i remember right) since then they both have stated Israel should not exist, should be cut out of the middle east as if it were a cancer etc etc etc.

Ayatollah: Kill all Jews, annihilate Israel
Iran lays out legal case for genocidal attack against 'cancerous tumor'

Iranian Leader: Israel Will Be Destroyed
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei Predicts Israel's Destruction

These were intentional misinterpretations (big surprise) made to make him sound like a monster (again: big surprise)

Here is just one link that speaks to what was actually said vs. the bullSH!! that you seemed to swallow hook line and sinker

People like to argue there is a distinction between Israel and Zionist regime. The problem with that spin is Iran does NOT recognize ISrael as a country, which means there is no Israeli government which means there is no difference to them between Israeli and Zionist.

Its impossible to destroy a government that does not exist. If the ISraeli government is destroyed do you think Iran and other arab countries are going to allow new elections for the Israeli people? NOPE.

Israel will cease to exist so while his comment in 2005 may have been taken out of context in terms of what he actually said, it does nothing to counter the position they continue to advocate against Israel - which is its destruction and removal from the map / middle east.

Not understanding that difference / ignoring that distinction is the hook line and sinker people on the other side of the fence fall for time and again from Iran.

Also, the fact that you actually came in here and DEFENDED Richard Warman?! He has attacked and tried to ruin the lives of countless bloggers/writers just for voicing their opinions. He baits people by using false identities online and then jumps on them when he has what he needs to "wage WAR"
He is a piece of !
I really would not try to claim the high ground in terms of opinions when Iran has no free press, freedom of speech, freedom to protest, freedom to choose which religion they want to follow etc etc etc.

edit on 27-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No this is not funny

Yes it is to the rest of us.

its not funny when it is about your country considering the shoe is on the other foot this time.

Oh well C'est la vie.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No this is not funny

Yes it is to the rest of us.

its not funny when it is about your country considering the shoe is on the other foot this time.

Oh well C'est la vie.

The Canada jokes were funny, but I wasn't laughing about how my country has become. I complain about my leaders and admit the problems in my own backyard all the time neo so I'm not sure what your logic is on this post.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by Max_TO

Is this serious? Avoid the evil Canadians? The only thing you need to avoid in Canada is alcohol poisoning, hot women and being killed with kindness. This is completely asinine. Seriously, who hates Canadians?

I would like to see some statistics or polls that prove this please.
I only went to Vancouver and wasn't too impressed or at least didn't see any discernible gap between their hotness and hotness from other places I've been.
edit on 27-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry
As a Canadian, I have this overwhelming need to apologize...

(2nd line)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by Max_TO

Is this serious? Avoid the evil Canadians? The only thing you need to avoid in Canada is alcohol poisoning, hot women and being killed with kindness. This is completely asinine. Seriously, who hates Canadians?

I would like to see some statistics or polls that prove this please.
I only went to Vancouver and wasn't too impressed or at least didn't see any discernible gap between their hotness and hotness from other places I've been.
edit on 27-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

I don't have any stats or polls to prove that. Just based on personal experience. Maybe I just drank so much I thought they were all hot last time I was there, I don't know.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

That's because there all over at my place
(cue music and slip n slide)

edit on 27-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Canada, and by Canada, I mean Harper, is taking some bold steps pertaining to Iran.

www.cbc.ca...

I think that he means business.. (big business), and I just hope that our Iranian citizens don't get hassled too much by the government.

I think we should re-open our embassies, also.

People will come here in the winter, if able, because they have friends and family living here.
But the only ones they have to fear are the gov't.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by TheLegend

That's because there all over at my place
(cue music and slip n slide)

edit on 27-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Best response in the entire thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Sure, we are so intolerant we re-elected an Iranian, Amir Khadir, in Quebec for the nth time!
edit on 27-9-2012 by gagol because: added nationality

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join