It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Intentionally Exposes His Position to Draw Fire Away From Squad VID

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Lucky alright...

got courage but, id be screaming like little girl....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Unfortunately, many people have no idea of what they are getting themselves into when they join the military. Especially the infantry.

Reality is a bitch, and doesn't take condensing views lightly.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Druscilla

I think you do things, out of the Norm, when being fired upon. No amount of training can give you real life weapons fire, especially when its directed at you. Depending on where he was hit, shock, etc........... People do the damnedest things. I saw a guy take buckshot, close range, and still bear his weapon, on the shooters, regardless of pain. A minute later, he was going into full shock. That was on the Streets of my city.
edit on 26-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)
I take it your black.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Drawing enemy fire can be the only way to help locate enemy positions.. If you are having problems locating the enemy then drawing fire helps you with a general area and range of where they are so you can put fire down on likely positions..

However..

This soldiers personal skills leave a lot to be desired.. Not moving after every two shots.. Crawling in and out of cover.. Not using ground to best advantage.. Took a lifetime to change his magazine.. Makes up for that in courage however and not being a squealing little bitch when hit... But geez... crap infantry fieldcraft!

And yes I have been to war many times, and lead men into battle before anyone says something..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Well I'm glad you said that, because I have no military experience and thought exactly the same. I know from your posts you have served so have knowledge on this subject. I doubt a British soldier would be so gung ho.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by EvanB

Well I'm glad you said that, because I have no military experience and thought exactly the same. I know from your posts you have served so have knowledge on this subject. I doubt a British soldier would be so gung ho.

Our boys are trained to make ourselves a hard target.. We do this by zig zagging when running into cover.. Crawling into and out of cover.. Firing a few shots then crawl back into cover, then pop up somewhere else, fire, crawl back, then pop up somewhere else.. This stops the enemy from getting their sights on you... Then of course there is the use of ground... We use fire and and maneuver.... One person or section fires on the enemy to keep their heads down whilst the other moves into position and starts firing so the other lot can move... Sometimes we can do that until we are right on top of the enemy...... You can also use smoke to cover your movements, and in this case should have called in a fire mission of smoke and high explosive....

Basic stuff

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'd Flag you if I could.

The US Army teaches these points as well...but to many ignore these essential survival techniques in times of war.

It is my opinion that the Army now promotes politicains, rather than leaders.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by EvanB

I'd Flag you if I could.

The US Army teaches these points as well...but to many ignore these essential survival techniques in times of war.

It is my opinion that the Army now promotes politicians, rather than leaders.

I have noticed this with our guys too... They bunch up in patrol formations so that one IED could take them all out except for the few if correctly spaced out.. They do not have weapons in the shoulder and patrol properly with wherever the eyes go, the weapon goes so they are not covering their arcs or each other... REALLY basic stuff.... I put it down to too many deployments causing complacency to kick in, that and the lack of real leadership and training... It pisses me off no end!... A lot of bodybags have been filled because of the lack of implementing the very basic bread and butter infantry skills...

There is nothing better than watching guys in formation, one foot on the ground at all times and everyone moving and covering each other correctly, using the ground to mask their movements.. A real thing of beauty when done right..
edit on 27-9-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This video proves my above point unfortunately...

Totally wank!

If these were my guys they would be beasted all over the training area until they got it right..... These guys are not ready to pass out of basic training, let alone go to Helmand! The training officers should be shot!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEV1L79
I take it your black.

Im Mixed.

Whats Your Point?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That was crazy. How can you not say "Hero", when talking about this soldier?

Hero? Maybe. It was certainly dramatic video. Lots of motion. Noise.

Now ...... remind me what we're doing over there?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

That was crazy. How can you not say "Hero", when talking about this soldier?

This is what we do.
Semper Fi

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I am curious....

For all those who are bashing this Soldier, may I ask how many of you have been involved in Combat?

I do not mean paintball, I mean real combat. Vietnam? Gulf War? Anything?

If you have not been in combat, I think your opinion on how he handled the situation holds very little weight.

Oh come on man, I cant stand how you guys do this.

may I ask how many of you have been involved in Combat?

Really,Really, thats like getting into a debate with a baker and him cutting you off saying " dude have you ever worked as a real baker, or french patissiere, worked from midnight till dawn? NO DIDNT THINK SO, so eat the cream bun and shut up, your not entitled to an opinion on my product"

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
COOL! A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER RECRUITMENT VIDEO!

Seriously this absolutely reminded me of Call of Duty or any number of FPS video games! Gee I wonder why...Amazing indeed.

No one else sees it that way? Interesting...if not what an amazing piece of propaganda!

Just remember our government sends our sons and daughters, brothers and sisters, and fathers and mothers to fight these wars…but at last count only 2 of theirs! Wonder why that is?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

Give the man a break he is over there fighting for you so u can sit on your computer and make remarks about him.

How is he fighting for me again? Ohhh guarding the poppy fields so we can have more heroin

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
It's not how the situation was told, it was how the situation was seen....That leaving it a little more room for argument that maybe the decision to run down a steep slope when enemy fire is coming from the adjacent mountain side was reckless and uncalled for...That one stupid decision could of cost more lives.
edit on 27-9-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

And you're basing this on how much combat experience? How many life and death decisions you've made while under fire?

Yeah, thought so.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender
Really,Really, thats like getting into a debate with a baker and him cutting you off saying " dude have you ever worked as a real baker, or french patissiere, worked from midnight till dawn? NO DIDNT THINK SO, so eat the cream bun and shut up, your not entitled to an opinion on my product"

Well, combat is just a bit different than being a baker. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Tho I know a lot of cooks that killed more people than an Infantryman has. You know, food poisoning and whatnot.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
..He went out in the open to draw fire so his squad could escape... That's not how its done, i couldn't believe what i was watching there. You don't run right out into the open on the side of mountain with absolutely no cover..so people can shoot at you. I cant believe hes not dead. Im sure someone somewhere in the forces will use this video as a "what not to do" instructional video.. Just a brainless maneuver..

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
dog bless the highly un-trained and un-educated " heroes " of the kings own keyboard warriors

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join