It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's 47 Percent Remark Hurts Him In Swing States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Originally posted by Logarock
He didnt mean disabled vets....

You know what? I don't need you to tell me who he meant or didn't mean, especially when he included them in his numbers. If you can tell yourself that the 47% doesn't include the elderly or disabled vets, then that explains why you're defending him and his ignorant statements.

You tell yourself that "he didn't mean" this or that, when he DID. And he has come out and reiterated his position! If he didn't mean them, then it seems he would have backed off his statement, but he didn't. He re-stated it again!

Watch the video: Source

He claims that those not paying income tax are not going to vote for him. That includes the elderly and disabled vets, students and the poor, MANY of whom are Republicans and WERE going to vote for him.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
See, you cant do it yourself. That is have a debate without lumping all the others into a big ol pile of crap.

That's because the whole party has gone to hell in a hand basket! Not a one of them are standing up and renouncing this garbage for what it is. Looks like one big cow patty to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You still fail to show how having a job, paying tax and still getting aid is a really making some sort of contribution. Those working and paying tax and yet getting some form of aid shouldnt be counted as real tax payers anyway. In fact you may not believe this but just a few weeks ago at work I heard someone on SSI complain about the amount of tax they had to pay! What are you thinking trying to defend this victim mentality?

The problem is, many of the things that NEED to be done in our country and world do not pay worth a bucket of warm p!ss. So, do you not count the guy works at a restaurant that cooks and serves you food? How about the guy that picks up your trash every week? Or the guy that scrapes roadkill off the highways?

The other option is to mandate their income be high enough that they do not need assistance. That would mean $10.00 hamburgers, higher trash and sewer bills and tolls on any roadways. You ok with that? You ARE going to pay to have these "chores" done one way or another. Either the people doing them get a fair salary or the "bulk" of people pay into a fund that subsidizes them (aka public assistance)...either way, society has to pay for things...there is no such thing as free.

Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My older neighbors were "on the fence" as regards who to vote for. On the day the 47% video was released, they made their decision. (They are living on THEIR Social Security and depend on Medicare for their health care.)

At the gym the next day, I overheard some older men talking about how they'd made up their minds - they joked around about how they were the 47%. "Moochers", they joked.

So, I have NO doubt that this recording will be what brings Romney down. His "truth" from his mouth. And yes, the people can't handle his "truth".

only validates his remarks. But not to worry. Once the scales tip to over 50% then its game over, America will collapse into a hyperinflationary death trap and it will all be blamed on the smooches you liberal democrats are so proud of protecting.

We have now just reached the point where the only way to pay for these smooches is to print money and this will end in very badly. Millions will suffer.

“Once the people realize they can vote themselves money, then the republic is over.” – Benjamin franklin

edit on 27-9-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
47% of the nation pays more taxes than Romney has.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
“Once the people realize they can vote themselves money, then the republic is over.” – Benjamin franklin

A quote from a man that lived in a time when land was given freely to American citizens. A man who lived in a time when the people could live off the land without worry of limited natural resources. A man who lived in a time when one could own slaves to do his life sustaining work for him. A man who lived in a time when money was not a necessity to make one's way through life.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that statement is as outdated as the GOP.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Blonde moment here. What does GOP stand for?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Blonde moment here. What does GOP stand for?

"Grand Ole Party"

second line
edit on 9/27/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
maybe if people were paid more money for the work they do, instead of using that money to pay outragous salaries to executives and shareholders, we wouldn't be burdened with paying out so much in government benefits...of course, american capitalism doesn't permit that, so it isn't even discussed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
47% of the nation pays more taxes than Romney has.

Romney also donated 4 million dollars last year! but you wont here that from the MSM. dam that greedy romney.... donating 30% of his 2011 income to needy familys without the force of the government/.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

There is always the chance that he donated that money out of goodwill. But I'd be more inclined to think that he has done this purely for self gain, he has probably offset his taxes with this and of course will be using it as a bribe for votes. Just my opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
maybe if people were paid more money for the work they do, instead of using that money to pay outragous salaries to executives and shareholders, we wouldn't be burdened with paying out so much in government benefits...of course, american capitalism doesn't permit that, so it isn't even discussed.

The only CEO that are getting large salaries and bonuses are the to big to fail banks. The same bankers your government loving left wingers hand out free printed money too.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

There is always the chance that he donated that money out of goodwill. But I'd be more inclined to think that he has done this purely for self gain, he has probably offset his taxes with this and of course will be using it as a bribe for votes. Just my opinion of course.

he offset 2 million dollars of his donations for tax brakes. Thats why his overall percentage was low. but the left wingers would not report the truth behind the news. only the headlines.

whats self gaining in donating 4 million dollars?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Who cares? 4 million dollars donated whopdee doo....how much is kept in the Caymen's where it can't be taxed. Are you saying poor poeple don't make contributions? The difference is, while we do, it isn't large enough to get the tax breaks.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Who cares? 4 million dollars donated whopdee doo....how much is kept in the Caymen's where it can't be taxed. Are you saying poor poeple don't make contributions? The difference is, while we do, it isn't large enough to get the tax breaks.

who cares? who cares his statments are true... if you dont care that he helps the poor with personal donations then your souless person. you all make him out to be a soul less monster when its not even true. I bet you obama has never donated that much in his life! Lets not even talk about the clintens and donating there used underwear.

good ol shelter argument again…. You know you must clam all bank accounts overseas or face federal criminal charges. Once those accounts are clamed you must pay the same taxes to the US government on them as would any other account in the USA.

Keep on spewing the left wing propaganda talking points that divides this nation. Know the left wing derives its power from the ignorance of its followers. they trust you dont have the brain power to think for yourself. Prove them wrong....

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the truth that humans aren't entitled to food, house and a doctor if they get sick.

i wonder why people don't like they guy.

he creates jobs; to bad he creates them in china, malaysia and taiwan.

he loves america so much he keeps his money in the cayman islands. creating jobs and keeping people employed yet in another foreign country.

he believes you're victim if you can't afford healthcare or your dinner was mac and cheese because that's all you can afford that day.

well with that i agree. you are a victim; of people like romney's greed, arrogance, bigotry, ignorance and loathing.

he thinks if he made it why can't you. that's how clueless he is.

edit on 26-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Romney was born wealthy (his father was rich) he do not earn it. He managed a company, but it was an asset stripping one. Romney is a jerk everyone but racists, and republicans see this been the case. Its amazing millions of Americans who would be poor vote for a guy like this just because he is a republican.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD

Originally posted by randomname
the truth that humans aren't entitled to food, house and a doctor if they get sick.

i wonder why people don't like they guy.

he creates jobs; to bad he creates them in china, malaysia and taiwan.

he loves america so much he keeps his money in the cayman islands. creating jobs and keeping people employed yet in another foreign country.

he believes you're victim if you can't afford healthcare or your dinner was mac and cheese because that's all you can afford that day.

well with that i agree. you are a victim; of people like romney's greed, arrogance, bigotry, ignorance and loathing.

he thinks if he made it why can't you. that's how clueless he is.

edit on 26-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Romney was born wealthy (his father was rich) he do not earn it. He managed a company, but it was an asset stripping one. Romney is a jerk everyone but racists, and republicans see this been the case. Its amazing millions of Americans who would be poor vote for a guy like this just because he is a republican.

um the poor dont vote for him... remember he said the 47% of people that vote for obama are the ones that get government handouts... so you are validating his points then...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

who cares? who cares his statments are true... if you dont care that he helps the poor with personal donations then your souless person. you all make him out to be a soul less monster when its not even true. I bet you obama has never donated that much in his life! Lets not even talk about the clintens and donating there used underwear.

good ol shelter argument again…. You know you must clam all bank accounts overseas or face federal criminal charges. Once those accounts are clamed you must pay the same taxes to the US government on them as would any other account in the USA.

Keep on spewing the left wing propaganda talking points that divides this nation. Know the left wing derives its power from the ignorance of its followers. they trust you dont have the brain power to think for yourself. Prove them wrong....

You are aware the Wealthy donate to charities, because its a way of getting around the tax system. The money they put in can be reclaimed (tax reliefs) Romney has no interest in helping out the poor, his words in private clearly show this to be the case.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Not left and I support Ron Paul...neither of these nominees are my nominee. The world will go to hell in a hand basket because morons that buy the left right BS like retards when they are both cut from the same cloth. They're all out for themselves, but because morons being able to vote we will never get rid of the retards on the left or right. I think that Russia is looking pretty good right now.

God save us.

ETA Only a soulless bastard would tie a dog to a roof of the car and drive to Canada like that...
edit on 27-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

What gives a nation of people the right to think they should have easy and readily available access to affordable food, health care and housing?

What does it say about how you are "running" your country if 47% of the people don't have those things, nor the jobs it takes to get them?

They should be happy with the crumbs that trickle down from investment in corporations that do not hire nor invest in their employees? Should we keep giving money so CEO's can have golden parachutes?

Are GOLDEN PARACHUTES more worth it, than making sure your nations PEOPLE have affordable food and housing or access to health care?

Mitt apparently thinks so.

edit on 27-9-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join