It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Mitt Romney's 47 Percent Remark Hurts Him In Swing States

page: 6
28
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 



You are spinning right now! He didnt mean any of these groups.


How do you know what who he meant and who he didn't?

He said what he said, 47% wasn't a random number he pulled out of thin air. He knew the number, he knows what it represents, and he knew who it included.

Why try to defend him when he has come out and basically backed up what he has said multiple times?




posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I think that his comments taken out of context and coupled with his wealth is hurting him among blue collar voters.

edit on 26-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)


In context they only get worse.
No amount of spin can change the fact that he insulted veterans, retirees, disabled persons, active duty military, etc.


You are spinning right now! He didnt mean any of these groups.

What he did mean was the free cell phone gang, free education gang, free this and that gang.


Of course he did, that's the biggest chunk of the 47%, a number the GOP has been throwing around for ages... something like less than 10% of the 47% are unretired people...

You've just been conned by a crappy disaster capitalist and are desperately clinging onto a lie you've told yourself, but listen... use google... educate yourself...
edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle
 


Originally posted by HostileApostle
Why try to defend him when he has come out and basically backed up what he has said multiple times?


That's what people have to do to stomach voting for the guy. They have to lie to themselves and pretend Romney meant something else, even though Romney has reiterated it a few times, and like you said, he had the number and KNOWS who it included.

He was pointing out society's "moochers" to his uber-wealthy friends. By the way, MANY regular military members are in this 47%!
edit on 9/28/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by Logarock
 



You are spinning right now! He didnt mean any of these groups.


How do you know what who he meant and who he didn't?



Well how would you know? He didnt name these groups by name ......so unless you are a mind reader.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by HostileApostle
 


Originally posted by HostileApostle
Why try to defend him when he has come out and basically backed up what he has said multiple times?


That's what people have to do to stomach voting for the guy. They have to lie to themselves and pretend Romney meant something else, even though Romney has reiterated it a few times, and like you said, he had the number and KNOWS who it included.

He was pointing out society's "moochers" to his uber-wealthy friends. By the way, MANY regular military members are in this 47%!
edit on 9/28/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)


"The elderly, retired people, people in the military and military veterans will vote for the president no matter what. All right, Those people who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

What Romney ACTUALLY said.
edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I think that his comments taken out of context and coupled with his wealth is hurting him among blue collar voters.

edit on 26-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)


In context they only get worse.
No amount of spin can change the fact that he insulted veterans, retirees, disabled persons, active duty military, etc.


You are spinning right now! He didnt mean any of these groups.

What he did mean was the free cell phone gang, free education gang, free this and that gang.


Of course he did, that's the biggest chunk of the 47%, a number the GOP has been throwing around for ages... something like less than 10% of the 47% are unretired people...

You've just been conned by a crappy disaster capitalist and are desperately clinging onto a lie you've told yourself, but listen... use google... educate yourself...
edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)


My friend I live in the real world.....down here with regular folk and see how all this comes out down on the end of the liberal "trickel down" crap hole.

You can use google you isolated in a campus dreamer, I get mine from the street.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 


I've already shown you. There are 47% who don't pay income tax. Those are ROMNEY'S words. Here it is again:




posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 



Well how would you know? He didnt name these groups by name ......so unless you are a mind reader.


There is no need to be a mind reader.

His comment:


There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what…These are people who pay no income tax.


You see, he qualifies the "47 percent" group with "These are people who pay no income tax". And he is correct, there are about 47% of people that don't pay income tax. He has the number correct and he isn't an idiot, he knows exactly who that includes.

People who are entitled to food...those greedy bastards.


I'm sorry, but you are being willfully ignorant by trying to deny what Romney meant by his comment. The elderly, the military, the working poor, the disabled, and the family of 5 making 50k. In Romney's world of ultra rich, all these people are free loading scum.

Romney has made it clear that this is what he really thinks, it's not only this comment, this comment just made it crystal clear and proved the meaning behind his other comments.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by wascurious

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
I think that his comments taken out of context and coupled with his wealth is hurting him among blue collar voters.

edit on 26-9-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)


In context they only get worse.
No amount of spin can change the fact that he insulted veterans, retirees, disabled persons, active duty military, etc.


You are spinning right now! He didnt mean any of these groups.

What he did mean was the free cell phone gang, free education gang, free this and that gang.


Of course he did, that's the biggest chunk of the 47%, a number the GOP has been throwing around for ages... something like less than 10% of the 47% are unretired people...

You've just been conned by a crappy disaster capitalist and are desperately clinging onto a lie you've told yourself, but listen... use google... educate yourself...
edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)


My friend I live in the real world.....down here with regular folk and see how all this comes out down on the end of the liberal "trickel down" crap hole.

You can use google you isolated in a campus dreamer, I get mine from the street.


Right, so just ignore all data except some random anecdotal data, and extrapolate from that some magical percentage... yes?

When I read this crap of yours I'm reminded of something one of your candidates said recently.



You and other people who refuse to engage with reality are who he's thinking about when he said that.
edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


So now they will stand in judgment of those that do saying give us more. Obama just wants rich folks taxed more so he can use their money shore up the dem base even further, like Robin Hood casting gold.....er cell phone...in the streets.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 



My friend I live in the real world.....down here with regular folk and see how all this comes out down on the end of the liberal "trickel down" crap hole.


Then you are in the same group as all of us, the group that Romney looks down on as peasants.

Our only role to him is to work to make him and his friends profit, and once we have made enough for him he will "harvest" us, reap the benefits, and throw us away.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic
 


So now they will stand in judgment of those that do saying give us more. Obama just wants rich folks taxed more so he can use their money shore up the dem base even further, like Robin Hood casting gold.....er cell phone...in the streets.



Yeah, robbing from the rich (i.e. asking them to pay less than Reagan did) to feed the poor (e.g military vets, the elderly, etc.).

You've really got it all figured out, huh?



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 



Obama just wants rich folks taxed more so he can use their money shore up the dem base even further, like Robin Hood


And you would prefer Romney Hood?

Stealing from the poor to give to the rich?



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother
 
By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party. You and some others on here show clearly that you have been indoctrinated on some college campus somewhere. I know how it goes there, I have been there and you guys sould like your average liberal brainwashed college students.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by longlostbrother
 
By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party. You and some others on here show clearly that you have been indoctrinated on some college campus somewhere. I know how it goes there, I have been there and you guys sould like your average liberal brainwashed college students.



You are COMPLETELY clueless.

I NEVER went to University, aside from getting a one year technical accreditation as an adult, while working at night to pay for it. I have also been working since the age of 14, supported myself from the age of 17, have two kids and own a small business.

The thing that you don't get, is that smart folks don't "get smart" by going to university, they got into University, lots of them anyway, by being smart; the corollary is, not every smart person goes to University and not every "doctor" is smart.

BUT...

the take away for you is this:

If you want to make good decisions, use good data... looking at what's going on on your street, or even in your city, is not a good basis for making national policy. That should be pretty evident, but it's obviously not, to you, and Rick Santorum.


edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by longlostbrother
 
By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party. You and some others on here show clearly that you have been indoctrinated on some college campus somewhere. I know how it goes there, I have been there and you guys sould like your average liberal brainwashed college students.



Yet, somehow, you managed to make it through college and successfully get a degree without being indoctrinated? I get it now, you are simply better than the rest of us...you have the critical thinking skills that the rest of us lack....you're right, we're wrong.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 



Originally posted by Logarock
By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party.


Same here. I have NEVER been registered with a party. I have voted for Republican, Democratic and Independent politicians. So, you can't say my position is because of my loyalty to some party.

I support the 2nd Amendment, immigration reform, and I believe life begins at conception (but I am pro-choice). I haven't been to college in many, many years, but wasn't into politics at the time. So your perception is entirely flawed, where I am concerned.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by Logarock
 



Obama just wants rich folks taxed more so he can use their money shore up the dem base even further, like Robin Hood


And you would prefer Romney Hood?

Stealing from the poor to give to the rich?



I have seen the greedy and selfright poor and rich alike. Both are mean and grabby.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by longlostbrother
 
By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party.



Yet, somehow, you managed to make it through college and successfully get a degree without being indoctrinated? I get it now, you are simply better than the rest of us...you have the critical thinking skills that the rest of us lack....you're right, we're wrong.


You know its interesting that the right and left dont really trust independents.



posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by longlostbrother
 
By the way, I am not a registered republican.....or registered to any party.



Yet, somehow, you managed to make it through college and successfully get a degree without being indoctrinated? I get it now, you are simply better than the rest of us...you have the critical thinking skills that the rest of us lack....you're right, we're wrong.


You know its interesting that the right and left dont really trust independents.


They don't because independents tend to be "personality" voters... who think a "good" candidate is worth voting for no matter the party... which is pretty delusional... ask Ron Paul who was repeatedly screwed by the GOP, how valuable being a party member is - when you disagree with the party line.



new topics

top topics



 
28
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

log in

join