It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Ball Is A Meteorite Claim

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Source

Austrian experts are invstigating a mysterious metal ball weighing four tonnes after it was dug up during work to build a road at Waizenkirchen at Grieskirchen in Upper Austria.

The discovery has caused heated debate among locals with some saying it was a meteorite, others that it was a religious artefact. It has also attracted the attention of local UFO watchers who believe it may have been left by aliens.

The owner of the lane had filed a claim for the ball with local police sparking an angry row with the man who spotted the object first while walking his dog - and who carved his name in the surface to prove he found it first.

He has already said he wants to sell it to the highest bidder and said offers under a six figure sum will not be accepted.

How cool is this?

I think we should all pitch in together and buy the ball!

I find that they think it is a meteor hard to fathom. I just could not see it crashing into earth after entering our atmosphere and still remaining perfectly circle...

All I know it is a huge ball of metal which that in and of itself is quite strange.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
giants had bb guns

im swaying its more likely some one trying to make cash
edit on 26-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That thing looks like what they have in this Central American country, round balls of something hard, stone balls..

www.naturalhistorymag.com...
edit on 26-9-2012 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That thing is enormous! Wow. I want it. I would hate to pay the shipping to get it to TN, USA.

Isn't there ancient civilization balls somewhere? I just can't remember where I saw that at. Off to search

ETA-

reply to post by usaman1983

Made my search a quick one, thanks. Great minds......
edit on 26-9-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Well that is certainly interesting! A seemingly perfectly rounded metal meteorite? I dont know....

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
doesnt that mean that area was once under water???

iv seen them on holiday and thats what the local said??

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How do they know it's metal? It looks like a giant dirty cement ball. It seems like the government would step in here and claim posession of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd start looking around for more of them, where there is one, there is bound to be more; especially if they are "somehow" linked to the round stone balls of Central America.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have seen a few pics of these things all around the globe..
thought they were something that falls back to earth from space missions

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Giant bucky ball? Over sized Martian blueberry? Massive geode? Looks amazing and manufactured almost, another ancient civilization mystery? I think they ought to open it, saw it in half, I want to see inside.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wow Predator,
I was just over at the Triangle UFO thread you started,
you are on a roll of supernatural finds!
Cool threads!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

This reminds me of the Betz Sphere (ATS Thread), or Betz Sphere (link to article)

they stumbled across a peculiar highly polished, metal orb that was just under 8-inches in diameter. The only delineating mark that the three could find on the eerily unblemished object was an elongated triangular shape stamped into its surface.

The steel globe would also sporadically vibrate at a low frequency as if “a motor were running inside” and, just as intriguingly, had just one, relatively small, intensely magnetic spot on its surface.

The Betz Sphere, unlike the one described in the OP, was, however, much smaller, and polished stainless steel.

Other spheres evidently fallen from space have been found to be Hydrazine fuel tanks unlike the seemingly solid Betz Sphere, and this 4 ton monster described in the OP.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
The discovery has caused heated debate among locals with some saying it was a meteorite, others that it was a religious artifact.
(fixed spelling)

Maybe it was both? It could be, that it was shaped after it was found long ago.

Man, I'd love to bust a chunk off that thing and put it under a microscope.

Very cool find!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The picture of that ball reminds me of one of SLAYER69's threads, involving very large round stones in Costa Rica:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though his were made of stone, and this one is metal.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Some guy claims that the stone hard balls are his? We are privileged, His balls would be blurred out on public TV

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

I was thinking of these when I first saw the story. Although this one is metal.

But really of course the stones ones and the metal ones are going to look similar to the stone ones, they are all spheres...

Pred...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm all checked out on meteorites and wrongs....if it's an iron, it should have dark crust and regmorlifs....it looks light colored....probably an artifact from long ago....huh!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Very cool find.
I'm with others here, try cutting it in half. See if there is anything inside.

And shouldn't the land owner, be the owner of this?
And if it is metal, how did the other guy carve his name on it?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

your thinking of hydrazine bladder tanks this thing is solid

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just an idea... could it be an old wrecking ball from a demolition crew who used it in the past?
edit on 27-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join