It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Ball Is A Meteorite Claim

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Winner

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I agree, and I wondered the same thing about how someone carved into metal. Whoever owns the land owns the ball.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Men in Black probably already have that ball at Area 51 by now......If we are reading about it, it is too late I fear.....

This would be awesome to test and find out the location of origin......

Great find Pred!! This thing is absolutely awesome if real......

With the owner already talking about six figures to buy it, kinda makes me think there might be a different initiative here....But I hope this is real and from an alien world somewhere, that would be awesome!!

S&F for the find!!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Everyone knows not to open Pandora's ball. 2nd line.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
The picture of that ball reminds me of one of SLAYER69's threads, involving very large round stones in Costa Rica:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though his were made of stone, and this one is metal.

It definitely looks very similar to the large spheres pictured in Slayers thread. I wonder if this sphere is actually made of stone too. As already mentioned, it seems unlikely he could have carved his name in a metal sphere... unless of course it was rusty or something.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

i think the article stated about putting his name in the sand or carved in the land by the ball i believe. nevermind it says the surface but doesnt say what surface.
edit on 27-9-2012 by lurksoften because: reread article

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Aren't similar sometimes ejected from volcanoes during eruptive phases? I'm sure i have seen that somewhere......

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Apparently (if Google translate is working properly) it's a construction ball for smashing large boulders.............

Construction workers burst out laughing

Thereupon the workers broke into hearty laughter. Because of the heavy ball in it was nothing more than a tool for smashing large boulders. You look at the ball had borrowed from a quarry to remove obstacles to the construction of the new road.

Source

Edit: Also, I don't think it is as large as it appears in the picture. The digger next to it is in the background, giving the impression it is larger. The rocks it is sitting on however, if a similar size to the ones on my local shore (and I think they are), means although it is fairly big, it's not that big really.
edit on 27/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I am freely translating from a Austrian paper, so bear with me...

--
[dispute over the ownership of this "metal ball]

The chief officer said he is there now and he was asked to immediately start to record any evidence in regards to this ball [and who it would belong to].

The construction workers started to burst out in loud laughter

The workers broke into hearty laughter. Because the heavy ball was nothing more than a tool for smashing large boulders. They had borrowed the ball from a quarry to remove obstacles for the construction of the new road.

Following this, the chief officer started to laugh as well.

"This ball turned the entire town of Waizenkirchen into turmoil. They really thought the round ball was some sort of historical find - and there was lots of excitement and speculation"

Well...seems the bubble of the "sensational" find in Waizenkirchen burst - however, rest assured that this particular ball and its "discovery" will find its way into the town's historical record

edit on 27-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Ahh, thanks to you and Woogle then. Never did German at school so would be useless even using translator (as i wouldn't have an inkling if it was correct or not).

Does he still want a six figures for it?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I have 6 nice figurines he can have, they are of Buddha, dunno where I got them from, they just seemed to appear
But I'll gladly weigh the bugger (the ball) in, probably get a wedge at the scrappy for it.

and you're welcome, my link should take you to the translation.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Flavian

I have 6 nice figurines he can have, they are of Buddha, dunno where I got them from, they just seemed to appear
But I'll gladly weigh the bugger (the ball) in, probably get a wedge at the scrappy for it.

Hmmm, they sound like the ones "liberated" from my garden a few months ago. You haven't been to York recently have you?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My question is, how do they know for sure if it is a metal? Especially if the guy walking his dog carved his name into it. Could it be a soft metal of some sorts? If it was, I don't see how it could still be perfectly round.

Meteorites are hardly ever round. Especially at that size. My guess is that it is some sort of artefact used ancient people for building or protection, or possibly a portal to another dimension

I just read that it was indeed a wrecking ball. If only this were a cover up! It would be much cooler if it was something extraordinary

edit on 27-9-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

As a matter of fact, I've just been to Primrose valley/Filey/Scarborough for my honeymoon, and there is a couple of nights I don't quite remember...hmm.....have we solved a mystery in good old ATS fashion?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Apparently (if Google translate is working properly) it's a construction ball for smashing large boulders.............

Construction workers burst out laughing

Thereupon the workers broke into hearty laughter. Because of the heavy ball in it was nothing more than a tool for smashing large boulders. You look at the ball had borrowed from a quarry to remove obstacles to the construction of the new road.

Source

Edit: Also, I don't think it is as large as it appears in the picture. The digger next to it is in the background, giving the impression it is larger. The rocks it is sitting on however, if a similar size to the ones on my local shore (and I think they are), means although it is fairly big, it's not that big really.

i remember as a kid at the end of my block was a pile of broken concrete tubes which im assuming were for sewers, and in the pile were a couple of broken spheres. If i remember correctly, they were made of crusty porous metal like iron. they were probably about the size of the ones you'll see in front of a Target.

edit: to add to it, the area was filled with ore mines a long time ago and there is a railroad a couple of hundred yards away.
edit on 9/27/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sillies...it's a giant robot egg.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
Very cool find.
I'm with others here, try cutting it in half. See if there is anything inside.

And shouldn't the land owner, be the owner of this?
And if it is metal, how did the other guy carve his name on it?

I would hope if someone walked by my yard and saw something sticking out of the ground, came on my land and carved his name on it that would not make it his.

I agree should belong to the property owner.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
Just an idea... could it be an old wrecking ball from a demolition crew who used it in the past?
edit on 27-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

Is there more then the article because i don't see where that says it was metal?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
ITS THE 4400??????
No really though how cool is that...I read another post saying there are more of these around the world...I have to Google that now! Aww crap its a wrecking ball??? Damn, the 4400 would have been cooler!
edit on 27-9-2012 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Bottom line:

Some guy finds an old, rusted piece of construction equipment, calls it "historical, ancient, mystical, profound, enigmatic" or some other colorful description, and promptly says, "oh - and it's for sale, too! Minimum bid: $100k!".

Convenient.

Good luck with that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join