It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 6.9 - ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"Magnitude
6.9 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
Date-Time
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 23:39:56 UTC
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 at 02:39:56 PM at epicenter
Depth
35 km (21.7 miles) set by location program
Region
ANDREANOF ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN IS., ALASKA
Distances
131 km (82 miles) WSW (238°) from Adak, AK
297 km (185 miles) WSW (251°) from Atka, AK
2054 km (1277 miles) WSW (250°) from Anchorage, AK
Location Uncertainty
Error estimate not available
Parameters
NST= 19, Nph= 19, Dmin=73.7 km, Rmss=1.44 sec, Gp=205°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=1
Source
West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center/NOAA/NWS"
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is a link to the USGS interactive EQ Map....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Des

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Poor Alaskan crabs.

They're probably in a state of emergency.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is a link to the USGS interactive EQ Map....

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Des

Wow...A lot of Quake Activity The Last Month...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

I'm only tossing this theory out here because this is, after all, ATS. I'm not saying that I subscribe to it. Here goes: some people have stated that underground nuclear testing and unexplained earthquakes (at least some earthquakes) are the result of the clandestine detonation of nukes underground. The theory states that the US (or a shadow government possibly global in nature) is at war with a race that lives beneath the surface. Could be greys, reptoids, giants, all, some or what-have-you. The US Air Force has patents on nuclear-powered underground drilling machines that leave a glass coating on the circular tunnel surfaces. Apparently, underground facilities are *everywhere.* Not much to this, and not much proof, but whenever I hear about earthquakes, a tiny bell rings and for some reason, this theory of clandestine underground war comes to mind.

Anyway, thanks for getting this info out here!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Bang on the 188 day EQ cycle! Wow!

Here is another thread about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
any concerns over a volcano eruption?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
any concerns over a volcano eruption?

At this point, I think the Rim of Fire is going to Release More Pressure!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
"The Pacific Ring of Fire (or just The Ring of Fire) is an area where a large number of earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur in the basin of the Pacific Ocean. In a 40,000 km (25,000 mi) horseshoe shape, it is associated with a nearly continuous series of oceanic trenches, volcanic arcs, and volcanic belts and/or plate movements. The Ring of Fire has 452 volcanoes and is home to over 75% of the world's active and dormant volcanoes.[1] It is sometimes called the circum-Pacific belt or the circum-Pacific seismic belt.

Eruption of Mount St. Helens on July 22, 1980.
About 90%[2] of the world's earthquakes and 81%[3] of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

I'm only tossing this theory out here because this is, after all, ATS. I'm not saying that I subscribe to it. Here goes: some people have stated that underground nuclear testing and unexplained earthquakes (at least some earthquakes) are the result of the clandestine detonation of nukes underground. The theory states that the US (or a shadow government possibly global in nature) is at war with a race that lives beneath the surface. Could be greys, reptoids, giants, all, some or what-have-you. The US Air Force has patents on nuclear-powered underground drilling machines that leave a glass coating on the circular tunnel surfaces. Apparently, underground facilities are *everywhere.* Not much to this, and not much proof, but whenever I hear about earthquakes, a tiny bell rings and for some reason, this theory of clandestine underground war comes to mind.

Anyway, thanks for getting this info out here!

I have wondered if they could detonate a nuke underground in an area that is under stress and avoid a huge quake by causing a small swarm. Who knows what the truth is but i think they know more about predicting quakes than what is claimed.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

"Seismology charts are now revealing that the 5.8 magnitude tremor that rattled the entire East Coast including Washington DC was not a natural earthquake but an earthquake that resulted from an underground nuclear detonation. The image above is a seismograph from Washington and Lee University, (similar one found on www2.tricities.com website) about 85 miles southwest of the earthquake’s epicenter in Mineral. The green lines indicates the tremor that was felt in Washington DC which caused damaged to the Washington Memorial and the Washington National Cathedral. The black lines is a transparent overlay of a seismograph from a pdf file from Virginia Division Mineral Resources on Earthquakes. That file describes a typical natural occurring earthquake as:"
presscore.ca...

top topics

join