It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange to speak at UN: Live Video Feed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, I see Julian the publicity whore is back for more...

This is a proud day for stolen property peddlers and alleged sexual assault perpetrators everywhere !

One question...when did Assange become an Ambassador, or a Head of State, so that he has been given a platform such as this at the UN.

I guess just being a Head Case qualifies now...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
No probs watching on RT news, seems like it all messed up here on that link

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
when they were waiting for him to come on the sat link why didnt he do one from the embassy find a way to get to acutual ecuador must be boring as hell in there

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

here's the RT coverage

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why did I get this nervous "Are they gonna kick the door in and take me away??" feeling from watching this video? I'm going to watch the news tonight and see if any of this is mentioned. S and F OP thanks!

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That was abysmal. They couldn't pre-record that? I guess it will help reduce the number of people who will witness. Thanks for the link up.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
what makes me laugh is that the msm screwed up by publishing classified emails, doing the exact same thing assange is accused of doing.

posting classified emails on a website.

so they can't prosecute him, even though they'd love too, without dragging the ceo's and owners of time warner (cnn), comcast (nbc), walt disney (abc), cbs corp. and rupert murdoch (fox news).

pretty powerful people to be messing with.

the amount of money they'll spend on lawyers and the legal teams that they'll throw at the u.s. government if they did would be lead to the most epic ass kicking in the history of law.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Ooh, another person who knows nothing about the case other than the tabloid headlines!

Let me guess, you also happen to hate the freedom of the press, and investigative journalism too, when it exposes crimes by the USA... Just a coincidence that you believe that too though, of course.

Yawn. So predictable.

I love the freedom of the press and respect Assange for Wikileaks. However, whether you believe Assange has a legitimate case to answer for, or not, is immaterial. Without regurgitating the arguments for / against Assange’s guilt / innocence, for rape / sexual assault / virgin status, the fact remains that the man has to face his accusers.

The whole PR sham is diversionary. If there is case against him, then he’s a sex offender. That’s serious. You may think it’s trivial.

Regards

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Why do people treat this guy like a hero?
He put many Americans at risk and damaged relations with other countries. I suppose if you hate the US he is a hero, but this guy dos deserve to be in prison.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
He put many Americans at risk and damaged relations with other countries. I suppose if you hate the US he is a hero, but this guy dos deserve to be in prison.

The US government put people at risk by failing to properly secure confidential information.

messenger
edit on 27-9-2012 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

This messenger is also responsible for leaking sensitive info that put the country at risk.

So what your saying is that, if a hacker got all of your personal information and then gave it to me to leak, that would be okay ?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

This messenger is also responsible for leaking sensitive info that put the country at risk.

So what your saying is that, if a hacker got all of your personal information and then gave it to me to leak, that would be okay ?

If the hacker found a video of me murdering innocent people in an Apache Helicopter, then yes that would be more than OK.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

If the hacker found a video of me murdering innocent people in an Apache Helicopter, then yes that would be more than OK.

Same for your bank account info?
I certainly hope so.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I certainly hope so.

So your trying to compare a whistle blower to a hacker stealing my bank details?

Your kidding yourself mate.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

He already did face his accusers. He's been questioned before already. Even the two women involved don't want anything to do with this anymore.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I don't think he means it in that sense. I think what he means is that some of the stuff he leaked endagers people's lives. While his bank account, having it, would only hurt him and his family.

Think about it, they give information about how operations works, that just puts soldiers' lives in danger. When Obama talked about how they killed Obama, the military folk were pissed off.

Personally I think Julian Assange needs to be smarter about how he releases and what he releases. Yes, the info he gives out is good, but he doesn't have to list everything or show everything.

Either way he has done a decent job at whistleblowing so far, but he should consider the effects of what he releases.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The US government put people at risk by failing to properly secure confidential information.

Brilliant analysis.

So, "failing to properly secure" something excuses the criminal who then exploits the supposed lax security.

"Your Honor...Mr. Peterson failed to install an alarm system in his car, so of course I stole it. What else was I supposed to do? And...sure I killed seven people during my joyride in the car...but, but...Mr. Peterson put the public at risk of something like this happening when he failed to properly secure his vehicle."

Case dismissed !!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I certainly hope so.

So your trying to compare a whistle blower to a hacker stealing my bank details?

Your kidding yourself mate.

Same kind of idea. They both have and used information thats not allowed for them.

I mean if some one is to break in and kill your family it must be your fault for not having a better lock on your door. Thats the logic your using. Wonderful isnt it?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

What's with all the ridiculous analogies?

Assange isn't American, he doesn't have any duty of responsibility whatsoever to your country or your soldiers safety. This argument of putting soldiers in danger is nothing but crocodile tears.

The American Foreign Policy itself is what is putting American's in danger.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

reply to post by gorgi

What's with all the ridiculous analogies?

Assange isn't American, he doesn't have any duty of responsibility whatsoever to your country or your soldiers safety. This argument of putting soldiers in danger is nothing but crocodile tears.

The American Foreign Policy itself is what is putting American's in danger.

So ?
Being a foreigner doesnt get you a free pas at endangering Americans.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join