It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Navy SEALs to Obama: 'We Are Not Bumps in the Road'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Obama is losing credibility with some people it seems.

He makes comments without considering the consequences sometimes.

Now he has some Navy Seals mad at him.

Former Navy SEALs are speaking out after President Barack Obama referred to recent events in the Middle East, including the deaths of two former Navy SEALs, as "bumps in the road."

Tyrone S. Woods and Glen A. Doherty were providing security at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya when it was attacked on 9/11. They were both hailed in the aftermath of the attacks by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Both had gone into private security after retiring from the Navy after distinguished careers.

Former SEAL and current Montana State Senator Ryan Zinke issued the following statement:

The President refuses to admit that his policy of appeasement and apology has failed. The murder of our Ambassador and two former Navy SEALs is more than a "bump in the road," it is a global catastrophe where America is seen as being weak and vulnerable by our enemies. This President has failed to establish a red line for Iran's nuclear ambitions and has failed to recognize the scale and implications of the attacks against us. Reagan had it right: don't negotiate with terrorists and recognize the clear and present danger of not being willing to act or lead from the front.

Former Navy SEALs to Obama: 'We Are Not Bumps in the Road'

But I thought Obama & Co. were praising the Seals for their part in the Bin Laden killing ?

Different story now ?

Different shoe size maybe ?

I guess it all depends on the political agendas at the time.

Or maybe it's the lackadaisical attitudes of the speech writers ?

Why does Obama play (Italian-Latin) due facce ?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
...and apparently they are overly sad for not already being in Iran...bustin some Iranian mofo ass... 'cos terrorists are real. They are stalking YOU.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There are definitely certain sayings and things a President gets to be known for, eh? Daddy Bush with "Read my lips: No new taxes" .....Clinton Defining what is, is.... baby Bush with his "Come and get it" stupidity which the enemy then took him up on and did....and Obama. Well... "You didn't build that" and his 'Bump in the road' comment. It's a close one....and perhaps I'm missing a few but those have to be in the top two for this term anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I have the feel that active navy seals are not at liberty to speak freely about government issues. This accident where seal team six was whipped out must be on their minds. If I was a navy seal it would be on mine and my mind would generate questions. To my taste there are too many 'accidents' which can be considered fortunate for people in power.

Maybe the ex-navy seal is cautiously trying to say that their unconditional and unquestioning loyalty to the government of the united states of america isn't that appreciated anymore.

edit on 26/9/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There are definitely certain sayings and things a President gets to be known for, eh? Daddy Bush with "Read my lips: No new taxes" .....Clinton Defining what is, is.... baby Bush with his "Come and get it" stupidity which the enemy then took him up on and did....and Obama. Well... "You didn't build that" and his 'Bump in the road' comment. It's a close one....and perhaps I'm missing a few but those have to be in the top two for this term anyway.

Clinton wins hands down for the "depends on what is, is..."

He was and still is the master of words.

Unfortunately, Obama is only good when the teleprompter works.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Our country is being destroyed from within, apparantly.

Who are they going to put in, like our votes don't count.

If they truly allow this incompetent idiot to "rule" another 4 years by executive order. What is to become of us?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama is losing credibility with some people it seems.

He makes comments without considering the consequences sometimes.

Now he has some Navy Seals mad at him.

But I thought Obama & Co. were praising the Seals for their part in the Bin Laden killing ?

Different story now ?

Some times it seems he doesn't care whether or not his remarks are respectful or not. Like you said, maybe it depends on the agenda at the time.

On a side note, their are some who claim that Bin Laden has been dead for quite some time.

And if you Google "Muslim burial", the ritual has nothing to do with burial at sea.
Hence, a conspiracy for some.

In fact, when the news first reported how they had disposed of the body, many feared up-risings:

"What was done by the Americans is forbidden by Islam and might provoke some Muslims," said Abdul-Sattar al-Janabi, an Islamic scholar from Iraq who preaches at Baghdad's Abu Hanifa mosque.

"It is not acceptable and it is almost a crime to throw the body of a Muslim man into the sea. The body of Bin Laden should have been handed over to his family to look for a country or land to bury him."

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

Our country is being destroyed from within, apparantly.

Who are they going to put in, like our votes don't count.

If they truly allow this incompetent idiot to "rule" another 4 years by executive order. What is to become of us?

Sadly, our country is at a point of no return I'm afraid, regardless of who is in office.

TPTB have had their agenda in motion for some time now and we have no control.

All we can do is hang on and hopefully, land on our feet when ever the ride comes to an end.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I'm curious, as you seem to understand our circumstances. What do you think is the percentage of people who have any kind of awareness of what is happening, in the USA? 30%? Maybe, 40%?

I think maybe 30%, with a large percentage retired military.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I agree those seals and other miliitary, and diplomats who have died and who continue to fight, and do that job are not bumps in the road.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
All in all , Your just another bump in the road.
We don't want no ivented wars,
Hey president, leave those Iranians alone.
www.youtube.com...
gravitor
edit on 26-9-2012 by gravitor because: add link pink floyd

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

As everyone here knows who ever can shout the loudest is correct.
Its sad that this is considered proof.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Former Navy SEALs are speaking out after President Barack Obama referred to recent events in the Middle East, including the deaths of two former Navy SEALs, as "bumps in the road."

Tyrone S. Woods and Glen A. Doherty were providing security at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya when it was attacked on 9/11. They were both hailed in the aftermath of the attacks by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Both had gone into private security after retiring from the Navy after distinguished careers.

Former SEAL and current Montana State Senator Ryan Zinke issued the following statement:

That there is some dishonest Briebart...or is that redundant?

Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty the two Navy Seals assigned to the consulate...did NOT knock the President.

They both died in the attack and it is offensive that Briebert opts to use deceased decorated soldiers for poltical BS after they are dead and cannot speak for themselves.

Apparently only one GOP partisan hack..Ryan Zinke...who started a SuperPac is the one looking to exploit the issue....where does the plural come from "SEALs"??

Lastly...SEALs are trained to quickly and accurately asses situations absent BS and distraction...otherwise they...like most Americans...know that President Obama never said that the deaths were bumps in the road...that was not the question he was responding to. Even conservative outlets have called this line of attack on the President of the United States offensive and dishonest. President Obama was responding to a question about his committment to the Arab Spring given the difficult transitions the Middle East is seeing. NOT the attack on the Embassy...just offensive BS.
edit on 27-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I agree those seals and other miliitary, and diplomats who have died and who continue to fight, and do that job are not bumps in the road.

I know active Navy SEALs...I also have a brother who was in supporting OPs on the OBL raid. And the fact that you would USE SEAL deaths by taking the President's answer to a different question and falsely claiming he sees SEAL deaths as nothing more than a bump in the road...is disgusting...not just my opinion, but the opinion of my Republican SEAL friend that I have known for 20 years...

The GOP has abandoned all thier moral tether in thier desperation.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

YEAH.

I hope some folks are . . . at least a little concerned that some very effective folks may not care to go down the treasonous Marxist globalist stooge road any longer with the Destroyer-In-Chief.

I hope a whole raft of such folks begin speaking out at top volume . . . as safely as they can engineer it . . .

'accidents' . . . yeah . . . right . . .

The genocidal foxes have been in charge of the chicken coop far too long already.

I'm glad the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has their fate already sealed.

They will definitely reap what they are so eager to continue sowing.

May God have mercy on all of good heart . . . in the globalists' rush to cleanse the earth of all the "useless eaters."

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Different story now ?

The first incident (the killing of bin Laden) was a political enhancement. The second issue (the killing of 4 Americans in Libya) was a political nightmare. Did you not expect him to blow with the wind??

Because Obama is a (seabag latin) Douche-baggio.

new topics

top topics

join