It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Inconvenient Tooth - Fluoride Documentary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

See, the thing is you don't have to drink tap water but you do have to breathe air.

To be fair some people don't have the luxury to choose other options. I can research which bottled water truly is 'filtered' and afford the purchase...but surely not all can...but all do need water (it being as vital as air).

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I've had my fillings for so long that a few have fallen out. I'm pretty healthy for my age.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I'm sorry Phage but why in the world would I ask my dentist who is blindly promoting such a toxin?

Like I said. It doesn't sound like you've taken a balanced look.
edit on 9/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

For example most people in the USA lack certain Omega Fatty Acids, so why are they not added to the water?

Oh come on. That's just silly. Oil and water don't really mix very well.

I am sure we could come up with nearly countless examples for any given community.
Keep trying because that was not a very good one.

So why just fluoride and why just teeth health?? Seems to be the answer is because it's not really about people's health.
So, you're on the mind control bandwagon?

so how exactly does that translate to it being effective via consumption
You could read and find out. You could also find out that it really has been shown to help.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was replying to your statement that only people with poor dental hygiene benefit. What effects? Where are those effects documented?

Neurotoxicity for one.

Extensively documented in the scientific literature.

You can't deny that fluoride is neurotoxic.
edit on 25-9-2012 by wujotvowujotvowujotvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I can research which bottled water truly is 'filtered' and afford the purchase...but surely not all can...but all do need water (it being as vital as air).
You have a point there. I've lived in places where I wouldn't drink the tap water though, and it wasn't because it was fluoridated.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

You can't demonstrate that it is toxic at the concentrations found in artificially fluoridated water. Most anything is toxic in high enough concentrations.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by Phage
What cumulative effects? You mean age? Yes, that does have cumulative effects but it's hard to blame any of them on fluoride being added to water.

This isn't by any means a new contribution to ATS fluoride threads but are you familiar with Jennifer Lukes Ph.D dissertation?

Do you have reason to doubt the study?

www.icnr.com...

Also, I am curious for a response from you, or anyone advocating fluoridation, to my earlier question concerning its topical effectiveness versus consumption for teeth health.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
oO

Still going on with your babbling?

ACUTE F TOXICITY
"Parents or caregivers may not notice the symptoms associated with mild fluoride toxicity or may attribute them to colic or gastroenteritis, particularly if they did not see the child ingest fluoride." (Journal of Public Health Dentistry, 1997)

Poisoning

ARTHRITIS
"If I was an arthritic individual, I would be eliminating every possible source of fluoride exposure that I could think of." (Phyllis Mullenix, PhD, Toxicologist)

Arthritis

BONE FRACTURE
Current fluoride intake among western populations with mass fluoridation programs has reached historically unprecedented levels. While the health impact of these exposures remains poorly understood, research shows that comparable doses cause serious health conditions in areas of the world with widespread fluoride poisoning. Certain individuals, including infants, diabetics, kidney patients, and those with nutrient deficiencies, are at particular risk.

Bone Fracture

BRAIN
"It is apparent that fluorides have the ability to interfere with the functions of the brain." (National Research Council, 2006)

Brain

CANCER
"We observed that for males diagnosed before the age of 20 years, fluoride level in drinking water during growth was associated with an increased risk of osteosarcoma, demonstrating a peak in the odds ratios from 6 to 8 years of age. All of our models were remarkably robust in showing this effect, which coincides with the mid-childhood growth spurt." (Bassin, et al., Cancer, Causes & Control, 2006)

Cancer

CARDIOVASCULAR
"Our study shows that the severity of skeletal fluorosis is directly related to the severity of abnormal cardiac function, as demonstrated by the electrocardiograms. The results show that fluoride in drinking water consumed over time is harmful not only to bones and teeth but also to the cardiovascular system…” (Fluoride, 1997)

Cardio

DIABETES
"“The conclusion from the available studies is that sufficient fluoride exposure appears to bring about increases in blood glucose or impaired glucose tolerance in some individuals and to increase the severity of some types of diabetes." (National Research Council, 2006)

Diabetes

ENDOCRINE SYSTEM
“In summary, evidence of several types indicates that fluoride affects normal endocrine function or response; the effects of the fluoride-induced changes vary in degree and kind in different individuals. Fluoride is therefore an endocrine disruptor in the broad sense of altering normal endocrine function or response." (National Research Council, 2006)

Endocrine

GASTROINTESTINAL
“Studies are needed to evaluate gastric responses to fluoride from natural sources at concentrations up to 4 mg/L and from artificial sources.” - (National Research Council, 2006)

Gastrointestinal

HYPERSENSITIVITY
"In hypersensitive individuals, fluorides occasionally cause skin eruptions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema or urticaria. Gastric distress, headache and weakness have also been reported. These hypersensitivity reactions usually disappear promptly after discontinuation of the fluoride." - PHYSICIAN'S DESK REFERENCE

Hypersensitivity

KIDNEY DISEASE
“A fairly substantial body of research indicates that patients with chronic renal insufficiency are at an increased risk of chronic fluoride toxicity. These patients may develop skeletal fluorosis even at 1 ppm fluoride in the drinking water." (Dr. Helmut Schiffl, 2008)

Kidney

MALE FERTILITY
"The enhancing overload caused by fluorides represents a potential factor, having an impact on function of sperm, hence contributing to a growing infertility in the human population.” (Animal Reproduction Science, 2008)

Fertility

PINEAL GLAND
“Fluoride is likely to cause decreased melatonin production and to have other effects on normal pineal function, which in turn could contribute to a variety of effects in humans.” (National Research Council 2006).

Pineal Gland

oO

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
SKELETAL FLUOROSIS
“Although skeletal fluorosis has been studied intensely in other countries for more than 40 years, virtually no research has been done in the U.S. to determine how many people are afflicted with the earlier stages of the disease, particularly the preclinical stages." - Chemical & Engineering News

Skeletal Fluorosis

THYROID
“The effects of fluoride on various aspects of endocrine function should be examined, particularly with respect to a possible role in the development of several diseases or mental states in the United States. Major areas of investigation include . . . thyroid disease (especially in light of decreasing iodine intake by the U.S. population).” (National Research Council 2006).

Thyroid

oO

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

You can't demonstrate that it is toxic at the concentrations found in artificially fluoridated water. Most anything is toxic in high enough concentrations.

I'm pretty sure the burden of proof may lay with the pro-fluoride crowd.

Prove that it isn't toxic at concentrations found in artificially fluoridated water?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Oh come on. That's just silly. Oil and water don't really mix very well.

Fair enough. Fluoride must me slowing my cognitive process
You know what I was suggesting though.

Keep trying because that was not a very good one.

Look. I am not trying to win an internet argument here. I am genuinely curious about the issue and am interested in peoples thoughts. So do you have a response to the question I posed?? Why is teeth health the only one among a myriad for this method of delivery?

So, you're on the mind control bandwagon?

Pretending that was a genuine question and not an assumption, my thoughts are that based on what I am reading the cons outweigh the pros. Nazi mind control making the populace docile is not one of them. Actually I am not drawing any kind of conclusion as for the intent. Which is why I was asking questions and not giving answers. If you want me to give my conspiracy angle it would be more along the lines of profit (aka disposal of the fluoride by-product), and that any supposed health benefits are a fortunate accident.

You could read and find out. You could also find out that it really has been shown to help.

I am always reading something. Some of which is shared to me from fellow ATS members.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I was replying to your statement that only people with poor dental hygiene benefit. What effects? Where are those effects documented?

So only people with poor dental hygiene benefit... yet everybody is exposed to it? Hell, why don't we just spike the water with every chemical that benefits minorities in need of medication. Can't do much harm? All these FDA approved studies have to be valid...

You said "where are those effects documented"? Well for one, there are many studies. I'd like to know what you think about this site: www.fluoridation.com.... What I was asking you is: just because some studies were done that suggest fluoridation helps deter dental caries, have there been studies to prove that fluoridation does not affect the body in other negative ways?

Really? Do a search for "fluoride vote", you'll find otherwise.

I just did a Google search & here's the first one I read.

Portland Flouridation

Judging by these apparent unanimous decisions by city council members, absent of a public vote, I'd say my statement stands. Just read some of the post in the comments section. This is only a recent example. Mass-fluoridation has already been implemented over the course of decades, with little opposition or foreknowledge of the controversy surrounding it.

Actually, there were, sort of. Artificial fluoridation became interesting to dentists because it was found that those who consumed naturally fluoridated water had fewer caries than others. Sort of a natural lab. Those people weren't really suffering any dreadful effects but their teeth had less decay (even though they were a bit stained by fluorosis).

So that's a sound basis for mass-fluoridation? You think that because some dentist "noticed" that "naturally fluoridated" people had less dental caries, that sparked them to decide that artificially fluoridating water supplies had to be the most rational decision?? Sounds VERY unscientific, risky, and generally unethical imo.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I did a search to! by phage request and found Fluoridealert !

But nothing important of course.. cause this member is picking his fights carefully even tho it looks stupid.

oO

edit on 25-9-2012 by AldrinAlden because: **

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

What's really dangerous is your complete apathy concerning the health of your fellow humans. You've stated that you don't drink the kool aid but advocate its use in others. Would you be kind enough to detail all of the health problems being experience by people who are not drinking artificially fluoridated water? And at what exposure level will you finally admit fluoride will have a negative effect? In places where the water is fluoridated almost everyone drinks it. Children from the school fountain. Everything that is cooked with it. Commercial goods using water from the public supply (bottled tea and other beverages where the first ingredient is water). Not to mention another aspect that few people consider; many people take hot showers and breathe that steam in for 10 minutes a day, upping the exposure. I can tell you, though, that you will never achieve your goal of convincing the people of ATS that adding chemicals to the vital water supplies could ever be good. We are paying to PURIFY the water. It seems that you will simply never "get it."

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I gave you a flag and star for the thread title alone. I clicked on the thread before realizing it was you who started it: I'd give this thread more flags if I could.

As always, keep up the Good Work!

edit on 9/25/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: capitalization

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Spot ON!

Its really sad and it amazes me that some really can`t handle the truth.

Its exactly like being in a classroom! and the teacher can`t answer a question that is outside his curriculum, and starts talking about something else or turns away and talks to another student (member)...!

does that remind you of someone..?

oO

edit on 25-9-2012 by AldrinAlden because: **

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I have a quite unpleasant reaction to Fluoride toothpaste - tachycardia, hyper ventilating and the most disturbing hallucinations after 3 or 4 hours. I have to make my own toothpaste with the active ingredient Sodium Bicarbonate. I never drink the tap water only bottled spring water and fizzy drinks are OK too. A 1/2 litre of Sprite is alright because the drink has been through an industrial process and has clearly defined quality control + they must state what is contained within it. Who would have thought it - avoid Fluoride toothpaste drink Cola for a healthy life. It has always amazed me when people go on about how Fluoride is nice and safe when Hydrofluoric acid is one of the most deadly poisons known. If a doctor tells you to go on a low Sodium diet he will tell you to stop adding table salt, even tho the element is chemically bound to Chlorine. So regarding the lethal characteristics of Fluorine, how can anyone actually recommend using Fluoride toothpaste (1450ppm) or mouthwash (50000ppm) and people wonder why osteoporosis is so prevalent?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I have come across this site, fully loaded with info regarding water fluoridation in Victoria-Australia.
www.health.vic.gov.au...
Nice Q&A and hope it helps to resolve this.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Cinnamon

I think a "reverse" study would be very interesting. A study on people who have been drinking non-fluoridated water since birth and are now exposed, through scientific trials, to the "low level" amounts in city water. I also think a separate study on the cumulative effects to this group would be great, though the evidence wouldn't be available for quite a few years.

I say this because I've been drinking well water my entire life (though I live on the outskirts of a big metro area the city has never hooked up our street, which is the only one in the entire city that doesn't have city water--fine with me--they can keep it.) and if I have to drink city water,say, at a friends house, I get stomach cramps. Whether this is due to fluoridation or chlorination I can't say; though there is a definite connection and it isn't just in one part of the city or even within the county that this happens. There is something in city water that does NOT agree with me. I have my well water tested twice a year (because 3M headquarters are nearby and I don't trust those bastards as far as I can throw them.) and have a whole house filtration system in the basement, so I know I'm drinking good water. I do feel bad for those who can't afford to filter their water. Maybe I'm biased but the city water tastes like a poop sandwich and I can tell the difference in taste even when it's used for coffee, which should cover the taste, but it doesn't! In college I had access to some of the best empirical papers anywhere----I hate having to dig around on the net for solid info. I remember citing wikipedia would get you an automatic FAIL. It has gotten better over the past few years but is still nothing I would ever cite as far as statistical evidence. Am I rambling or what..... anyway, a reverse study could provide a lot of new info. Anyone on ATS wanna fund my research project?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join