An Inconvenient Tooth - Fluoride Documentary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Great thread CE, water fluoridation is one of my major pet peeves. I'll watch this video shortly and check back if I have any thoughts to add to this thread.

But while we are on this topic of the health risks associated with fluoride, let me quote something I said not too long ago:

Look... this argument over the health risks associated with fluoride is actually quite pointless. The real point is that we shouldn't be subjected to forced medication programs such as unsolicited fluoridation of our water supplies. The problem is that we don't have a choice. If I wanted to apply fluoride to my teeth I would CHOOSE to purchase fluoridated toothpaste (which contains pharmaceutical grade fluoride) and apply it topically, in the way it's supposed to be used.

I do not like INGESTING fluoride into my body, unrefined low quality fluoride scraped off of industrial smoke stacks and contaminated with a bunch of other chemicals may I add. The only way to avoid it is to purchase bottled water (which I do), and even then it's hard to work out which brands of bottled water contains little to no fluoride.

Did you know that most of the world has banned or stopped fluoridation and only about 5% of the worlds population is fluoridated and more than 50% of these people live in North America? Did you know that when you plot the levels of tooth decay in fluoridated nations vs the levels of tooth decay in unfluoridated nations there is essentially no discernible difference?

There is simply no justification for injecting fluoride into our water supplies. Perhaps fluoride doesn't help prevent tooth decay, perhaps it does help prevent tooth decay, there's a lot of evidence for both arguments... but like I said toothpaste does the same thing if you wish to use fluoride. Do you actually think all the potential health risks are worth this one debatable advantage?

Further reading: A brief look at water fluoridation and the insanity of it

edit on 24/9/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: updated dead link in quote

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I keep hearing this rumor about the Nazi's and Russions using fluoride to make prisoners complacent. Is there a credible source for this somewhere? What dosage was used? Why not use cheaper pharmaceutical products?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Its true both the russians and the nazi's put it into the drinking water of the prisoners because it induced complacency

It is? Can you provide documentation for that?

When the World Health Organisation looked at US states that fluoridated the water supply and compared the health of their teeth with an equivelant number in europe who did not fluoridate the water they found absolutely no difference in the health of their teeth.

Really? Can you provide a link to that study?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Star & flag for your efforts here. I rarely debate the pro-fluoride crowd, pointless for me. The one thing that I just can not abide however is someone defending government agencies that medicate us against our will. I don't care if the fluoride is helpful or harmful, I don't want it in my body.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,. I respect your opinion on space matters,.
however,. on this topic.. you need to research more..

Fluoride is bad. Period

Also, the ADA will tell you mercury/silver fillings are safe
Bull$hit.. I had all ten of mine removed.. and a great improvement to my overall health
has happened since then. off topic but relevant the ADA also will enforce the safety of Sodium Fluoride

edit on 24-9-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I rarely debate the pro-fluoride crowd, pointless for me.

It's not a matter of being "pro-fluoride". It's a matter of sticking with the facts and avoiding myth and hysteria in order to look at the situation rationally.
BTW, here's a way you can check what's going on in your community.
apps.nccd.cdc.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

yes,. the sheeple hopefully will awaken from their chemikill slumber. Do the search deniers,, NAZI used it to make em docile

yep yep...

"I was told of this entire scheme by a German chemist who was an official of the great IG Farben chemical industries and was also prominent in the Nazi movement at the time. I say this with all the earnestness and sincerity of a scientist who has spent nearly 20 years` research into the chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology of fluorine--any person who drinks artificially fluorinated water for a period of one year or more will never again be the same person mentally or physically." CHARLES E. PERKINS, Chemist, 2 October 1954.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

voidhawk
Its true both the russians and the nazi's put it into the drinking water of the prisoners because it induced complacency

Phage
It is? Can you provide documentation for that?

The earliest occurrence of fluoridated drinking water on Earth was found in Russia’s gulags and then Germany’s Nazi prison camps. The Stahlin & Hitler had little concern about fluoride’s supposed effect on children’s teeth; their alleged reason for mass-medicating water with sodium fluoride was to sterilize humans and force the people in their concentration camps into calm submission so that they could be ‘managed’ easier. Have you never wondered why they lined up so compliantly in those old newsreel pictures to be shot and bundled into pits?

Source

Now looking for the other info you requested.

Might I add that if you dont like my sources I'll remind you that you once refered me to a book on Amazon as a source. Anyway this isn't hard to find, go take a look.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I completely support Phage. I am NOT pro-fluoridation. I just want some verifiable facts.

Matter of fact - I completely agree with the person who said they didn't want to be medicated against their will. Its elementary. And I know that Big Pharma has already proposed adding a drug like Lipitor to the water supply.

But...I still want to know the facts.

I have read thousands of accounts of life in Nazi concentration camps. I have yet to come across one where fluoride was mentioned. I have come across many many accounts where there was insufficient water. So if the prisoners were being fluoridated wouldn't the Nazi's have ensured a sufficient water supply to provide the necessary dosage of fluoride to make them complacent....instead of one rusty tap for 100s of people?

Where is the credible source for this statement
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That's the sort of myth I was talking about.

There is also a reference on the same web page, that shows up on many anti-fluoridation sites, that the use of fluoridated water by the Nazi’s was documented in the book, “The Crimes and Punishment Of I.G. Farben”. by Joseph Borkin; this is also is false. I read have the book and did a digital search for "fluor" (fluoride, fluoridation, fluorine) and fluoxetine with no hits.

onespeedbikerpolitico.blogspot.com...

Here's the book:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Feel free to do a text search here as well.
books.google.com...
edit on 9/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Goodness I hope you are not a teacher.

Here is a copy of the periodic table. en.wikipedia.org...(large_version) I suggest you note the groups that the respective alkali metals are in and realise how far unto your mouth you jammed that foot of yours.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

VforVendetta

Sorry - can you be more specific? I am not getting your point?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage

Thanks - I was about to start reading the damn book myself. I read a little about the problems of using slave labor. It wasn't pretty but I didn't see Fluoride mentioned anywhere. The use of Capos to provide corporal punishment was favored.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The most unethical things enacted these days are done under the pretext of "for the people" or "for the greater good". It's a form of pseudo-transhumanism/humanitarianism; with nationalism often accompanied by desensitization, dehumanization, and the dividing of peoples. A government's way of saying "We'll protect the freedoms of the people by massacring millions of innocent foreigners without sound, just cause." Their justification for imprisoning non-violent drug users/cannabis growers; effectively ruining many lives, all to "protect the children & society in general". Their free pass to spike city water with whatever chemical they like, despite the fact that people should NEVER be subjected to having their primary source of hydration polluted without consent.

I never really got their argument. Water, as abundant as it is -- as important as it is -- the thing that every human depends on to survive, is one the their main targets of alteration. They'll say fluoride in the water is fine because it helps prevent cavities. All the while many foods & drinks are inducing cavities -- sodas, ridiculously sweetened desserts, etc. They'll say mercury, despite its extreme [neuro]toxicity, is fine because it's the most malleable conventional dental filling. And yet we put up with this nonsense. Why?? That's a very good question. It's time people stop taking things at face value & start really researching into what's going in and out of our bodies. Because as things are going, chemical and psychological controls are already taking root in human society. As things escalate, it may get to the point where we truly no longer have any say in how we live, eat, dream, socialize, revolutionize, believe.

Only a handful of psychopaths subjugating the masses.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That's the sort of myth I was talking about.

Phage could you clarify for us what your stance is with regards to flouride?

In all the research I have done over the years it is pretty obvious! What is also obvious is how I feel by taking as little in as possible compared to what I used to feel like when I didn't know any better. There is a marked difference that I find difficult to deny.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Raelsatu

Your remarks are completely made up of opinion but I value them anyway. But you have failed to consider that there is another way to control a population. Its far far simpler than using chemicals or altering anything.

The best and cheapest way to control another person is through fear. Plain and simple. Somebody on this thread asked why researching tobacco control was related to this topic. Fluoridation.

Well its very simple. when you don't have a job, you can create one. Get people to pay you for making them afraid. Tell them of a conspiracy by the government to harm you and your children. Then they will pay you even more money to keep telling them the "truth"

With anti-tobacco, the conspiracy is that tobacco companies are deliberately out to kill you. But when I researched that topic, I found that anti-tobacco was far far less credible than the tobacco companies.

Phage and I are not pro-fluoridation. We just want to strip away the hype and myth to find some kind of truth.

Void Hawk mentioned that a survey was done between children in the states where water is fluoridated and children in Europe where water is not fluoridated. This survey found no difference in the state of oral health.

Well I would hope that is what the study would find but Void Hawk doesn't appear to know that although water is NOT fluoridated in Europe, the salt often is!

Its knowing little things like that that strips away the hype!
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

I don't think fluoride is harmful at the levels it is likely to be consumed in areas which artificially fluoridate the water supply. I think it is beneficial for the prevention of tooth decay, especially for members of the population who do not practice good oral hygiene.

I think it should be left to local communities to decide on whether or not artificial water fluoridation should be done. I should say that my tap water is not fluoridated, naturally or artificially.

I think the fact that it is a local decision leads to a great deal of sensationalistic misinformation and distortion (as demonstrated in this thread) being promulgated by opponents. I don't think such activity aids the discussion.
edit on 9/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Phage could you clarify for us what your stance is with regards to flouride?

He already did, he advocated it as a harmless chemical that we consume in such low concentrations that we need not worry about it...phage says it's okay, nothing to see here move along, keep drinking your sodium fluoride.

Phage is an intelligent fellow but you should not seek all your medical advice from him, especially on this issue if you care about your health and well being.

Continue the idolistic worship though...bow down!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks
reply to post by Raelsatu

The best and cheapest way to control another person is through fear. Plain and simple. Somebody on this thread asked why researching tobacco control was related to this topic. Fluoridation.

That's why I mentioned "chemical and psychological controls are already taking root in human society." Fear is a mechanism of psychological manipulation, and as a result intertwines with many of these others things that are being mentioned. As for the "hype" behind fluoridation, the most fundamental issue is whether or not it should be a governments place to chemically alter water supplies, effectively mass medicating non-consenting humans. The answer is NO, that should not be allowed. Taking into account the great deal of controversy surrounding the negative health impacts of regular fluoride indigestion, that makes the pro-fluoridation standpoint appear even more irrational.

I'd rather brush & floss with more care -- and watch what I drink/eat -- than rely on fluoridated water. The point is, countering bad diets and hygiene with a pervasive chemical additive is not really a safe or valid solution. Even if it were proven that fluoride doesn't pose a number of health and mental risk, which is NOT the case, people should still know and be able to choose what goes into their bodies on a regular basis.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What is considered to be low doses passed legally does not exclude the damage implicated in our bodies over time. It is cumulative in its effects. I'm not buying this sorry, as much as I respect Phage and his scientific rationale, I'm not buying into this one.

My studies, talks with PhD chemists and other professionals say otherwise. Everything that my studies have revealed tell a very different story.
edit on 25-9-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join