learn more

An Inconvenient Tooth - Fluoride Documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+47 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

An Inconvenient Tooth is a documentary film about fluoride. It was released September 6th, 2012 at the city hall in Portland, Oregon. Fluoride does horrible damage to human bones, thyroids, the pineal gland, and many other areas of the body, yet big industry, the medical establishment, and those in government continue to promote its use in tap water and in tooth paste and dental treatments.

undergrounddocumentaries.com...

Most of us are well aware of the dangers of fluoride, and the lies that we are told about it even while various studies have proven it's dangers and how it is unncecessary to put in our drinking water and food supply.

I'm not here to debate or argue about fluoride, but I welcome anyone who disagrees with the danger of fluoride to post their opinions if they feel they really need to. My main purpose for this thread is to discuss the video, and the content it contains but will tolerate a broader discussion about fluoride even though I rather discuss the content of the documentary.

So if you are going to defend the fluoridation of our water supply please try to do so in relation to the video. It is a rather long video so I don't expect anyone to comment for a while unless you have already seen this documentary.

The documentary contains a lot of information that most of us are already aware about but it is well put together and helps connect the dots and is a good video to share with those who may be unaware of the controversy that comes with this topic.

I hope you enjoy, because I sure did
edit on 24-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Ok - so fluoride in high concentrations is toxic to human. OH HUM - so WHAT?

Fluoride is a naturally occurring substance found in the earth. It is therefore, naturally present in the water we drink and in the dust we breathe.

So is arsenic, cyanide, and all the heavy metals - cadmium, chromium, copper etc. We need some trace level of all these substances or our bodies simply will not function. We are born of this earth, we eat the fruits of this earth and we breathe the dust of this earth.

Yes - water is fluoridated to bring the natural concentration of the water we drink up to therapeutic levels.

The poison is in the dose - not the substance.

Please provide evidence that fluoride at therapeutic doses causes harm to humans and is not beneficial.

Tired of Control Freaks

+29 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Fluoride is a naturally occurring substance found in the earth. It is therefore, naturally present in the water we drink and in the dust we breathe.

No, you are wrong.

Calcium fluoride is naturally occuring in the earth, such as wells and other water sources. But, if you bothered to do a little research before posting you would have realized that the fluoride they are poisoning us with is Sodium fluoride which is a chemical by product of producing fertilizer. It has been proven to be poisonous on many occasions.

I suggest you watch the documentary and educate yourself.

ETA:

I see that you asked for evidence while you obviously have not watched the video... I will link you to a thread posted by fellow ATS member "NeoVain" and allow you to do your own research.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are plenty of other sources out there as well such as google is your friend

I also ask you to debunk any information in the video as counter evidence.

Once again I recommend you watch the video, blind ignorance will not get you very far.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: link to neovain's thread

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You called it right Corruption Exposed - I didn't bother to watch the video. Mostly because I know "goofballery" when I see it. Doing tobacco control research for the last 10 years has taught me a lot!

Let us start with the link you provided on the ats thread.

robertmijas.com...

Now let us carefully read what it says:

Groundbreaking new research has linked sodium fluoride to cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death worldwide. Researchers found that fluoride consumption directly stimulates the hardening of your arteries, a condition known as atherosclerosis that is highly correlated with the #1 killer. Sodium fluoride is currently added to the water supply of many cities worldwide, despite extreme opposition from health professionals and previous studies linking it to decreased IQ and infertility. In their research, scientists examined the relationship between fluoride intake and the hardening (calcification) of the arteries. Studying more than 60 patients, the researchers found a significant correlation between fluoride consumption and the calcification of your arteries. Published in the January edition of the journal Nuclear Medicine Communications, the research highlights the fact that mass fluoride exposure may be to blame for the cardiovascular disease epidemic that takes more lives each year than cancer. In 2008, cardiovascular killed 17 million people.

Just look at the inflammatory language. According to this article - fluoride is linked to cardiovascular disease and cardiovascular disease kills 17 million people per year.

No estimate of how many of those 17 million cases were caused by fluoride - is it 0.1 percent, 10 percent or 100 percent. No one knows but someone is willing to lay blame for it at the feet of fluoride! Imagine - there would be no cardiac disease if the government didn't put fluoride in our drinking water!

But wait - no all areas of the world get fluoridated water and even those parts of the world where fluoridation is common - some areas still aren't fluoridated.

Is there a study showing that cardiac disease DOESN'T OCCUR in area without fluoridation. Lets see it! Lets find out how many lives would be saved if water wasn't fluoridated!

But wait - hold on a moment here - the study was of only 60 people?????? From only 60 people you can project the result onto billions???? Was there a control group????

Now let us look at the actual study to find our answers. Gosh - there is even a link to the actual study provided!

journals.lww.com...

Well, will you just look at that. In this study - they injected people who ALREADY HAD arthrosclerosis to see if the fluoride would be uptaken by the artial walls. They wanted to see if the fluoridated areas of the artery would show up on a PET scan.

This isn't a study confirming that fluoride is uptaken by the arteries and then causes hardening of the artial wall. This study shows that fluoride (and calcium) will be uptaken by arteries at the site where hardening has already occurred. Such a scan would then sure the decree of disease that a specific person had.

So there are people out there, who are running websites and news magazines, who make their living by scaring people to death. People who are too silly to click on the link and see what the study was all about.

Please - inform me - why do you think that Calcium Fluoride and Sodium Fluoride act differently in the body. Calcium floride occurrs naturally in earth but sodium fluoride is the stuff that is naturally in water supplies. The first is a solid, the second is in a dissolved form. BOTH OCCUR NATURALLY

Tired of Control Freaks
edit on 24-9-2012 by TiredofControlFreaks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You called it right Corruption Exposed - I didn't bother to watch the video.

I suggested you watch the video as blind ignorance is not a good way to approach a discussion.

Doing tobacco control research for the last 10 years has taught me a lot!

I've researched a lot of things over the years but that doesn't automatically make me an expert on tobacco, so what does your tobacco research have to do with fluoridation?

Let me know what you think of the video once you watch it

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Calcium floride occurrs naturally in earth but sodium fluoride is the stuff that is naturally in water supplies. The first is a solid, the second is in a dissolved form. BOTH OCCUR NATURALLY

Did you have to end your rant with that ^ ?

I have already proven you wrong here.

Sodium fluoride does not occur naturally as it is an industrial by product that is produced by synthetic chemical processes.

"Sodium fluoride is an inorganic chemical compound with the formula NaF."

Are you suggesting something that is inorganic to be naturally occuring?

Still waiting for your comments on the video...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Okay Corruption Exposed - I see where the problem is.

I have read some of your posts and I think you are a reasonably intelligent person. For this reason, I will try to correct some of what I think, might be a misperception on your part.

I think the problem you are having here is that you really don’t know what the terms “organic” and “inorganic” really mean. The term “organic” has been misused to the extent that people think it means “natural, good for you, healthy, environmentally friendly”.

In fact, the term Organic simply means that the compound/molecule/material is comprised of or has some carbon in it. Carbon is the building block of life. Oil has carbon in it. It is organic. It is natural but it is not necessarily good for you, healthy, or environmentally friendly. (I am referring here to oil drawn from the earth and made into a petrochemical)

The term Inorganic means exactly the opposite. The compound/molecule/material is comprised of elements but does not include Carbon. An example is metals like salt, magnesium, calcium, copper, chromium, nickel and iron.

I am posting a link here for the periodic table. www.ptable.com...

You will find the element F (number 9) on the periodic table. This is pure fluorine (unbonded from anything else). There is a lot of information about fluorine. Mostly you should remember that F is a halogen gas. It doesn't occur naturally in great quantities in nature. Mostly, you will find it bonded with something else. It bonds quite easily will almost all the other elements. When a F is combined with another element, it is called a halide.

In this case, we are interested in two other elements - Sodium (Na) found as number 9 on the periodic table and Calcium (Ca) found as number 12 on the periodic table.

Now, you seem to be under the impression that Sodium Fluoride is inorganic and is therefore manmade and unhealthy, while Calcium Fluoride is organic, of the earth and healthy.

Calcium is an alkali earth metal and is inorganic Sodium is simply an alkali metal and is inorganic. Fluorine is a halogen and is inorganic. Combined - both of these compounds are inorganic! The chemical formula for both says its all NaF and CaF. No carbon – its inorganic!

I have seen many references to organic fluorine and the best I can figure out is that they are talking about Fluorine bonded with an organic element.

Now, if you examine the solubility rules for halides (this is the degree to which the molecules will dissolve in water), Calcium Fluoride is far far less toxic because it only partially dissolves in water. Sodium Fluoride on the other hand is highly soluble

As a matter of fact - the solubility of calcium fluoride is only 8 ppm. All alkali metal salts (like sodium) are completely soluble. Now the fact is, people are going to drink a solid (or eat it for that matter) to any great quantity. But water that has sodium fluoride dissolved in it can be highly toxic and it looks clear just like water.

Now in practical terms, there is no reasonable means of harvesting naturally occurring sodium fluoride from water. It is far more practical to mine calcium fluoride and hydrolyse it to produce sodium fluoride. So I can understand where you get the idea that sodium fluoride doesn't occur naturally but I assure you that it most certainly does!

en.wikipedia.org...

Occurrence The mineral fluorite, a common mineral and chief source of fluoride for commercial applications.[3][4] Solutions of inorganic fluorides in water contain F− and bifluoride HF2−.[5] Few inorganic fluorides are soluble in water without undergoing significant hydrolysis. In terms of its reactivity, fluoride differs significantly from chloride and other halides, and is more strongly solvated due to its smaller radius/charge ratio. Its closest chemical relative is hydroxide. When relatively unsolvated, fluoride anions are called "naked". Naked fluoride is a very strong lewis base.[6] The presence of fluoride and its compounds can be detected by 19F NMR spectroscopy. Natural occurrence Many fluoride minerals are known, but of paramount commercial importance are fluorite and fluorapatite.[3] Fluoride is usually found naturally in low concentration in drinking water and foods. The concentration in seawater averages 1.3 parts per million (ppm). Fresh water supplies generally contain between 0.01–0.3 ppm, whereas the ocean contains between 1.2 and 1.5 ppm.[7] In some locations, the fresh water contains dangerously high levels of fluoride, leading to serious health problems.

Now I am not a stupid person. I understand that waste pickle liquor form the steel-making industry is what is used to fluoridate water. And I also understand that there is an ick factor there. But NaF is NaF – whether is a brand new che

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You maybe could have been less condescending but good on you for educating instead of calling names.

However, I do suggest you dig a little deeper into the *potential* health effects of fluoride. And then, ask yourself "should they be putting this in our water?"

I say, get it out of the water, let people get fluoride treatments at the dentist, or take supplements prescribed by a doctor if they so choose. If your worried about access to fluoride for the underserved populations (an argument I heard during the Portland debate) use the damned money you were going to spend on fluoridating everyone's water and instead use it subsidize low-income families fluoride treatments, IF they decide they want it.

Cheers!

ETA: sorry to the OP for not commenting on the video yet. It is a big chunk of time but I'll start watching it in bits and pieces as time allows (kids, chickens, dog, etc. etc.! - excuses, excuses!) Thanks for posting it!
edit on 24-9-2012 by UdonNiedtuno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If you read the fluorine wiki page...

en.wikipedia.org...

Because of the difficulty in making elemental fluorine, most fluorine used in commerce is never converted to free fluorine.Instead, hydrofluoric acid is the key intermediate for the $16 billion per year global fluorochemical industry. The fluorides of low charged metals are ionic compounds (salts); those of high charged metals are volatile molecular compounds. The largest uses of inorganic fluorides are steel making and aluminum refining.

Sodium Fluoride isn't good. Especially in the water supply.

Did a quick google search of Fluorochemical industry, this lead me to a youtube video called.
Fluorochemical Industry Leader
In the video the name Halocarbon came up. Also a message stating over 50years in fluorine chemistry.

So then I reached the Halocarbon wiki.

A few halocarbons are produced in massive amounts by microorganisms. For example, several million tons of methyl bromide are estimated to be produced by marine organisms annually. Most of the halocarbons encountered in everyday life - solvents, medicines, plastics are man-made. The synthesis of halocarbons in the early 1800s but accelerated when their useful properties as solvents and anesthetics were discovered. The development of plastics and synthetic elastomers led to greatly expanded scale of production.A substantial percentage of drugs are halocarbons

Common uses for halocarbons have been as solvents, pesticides, refrigerants, fire-resistant oils, ingredients of elastomers, adhesives and sealants, electrically insulating coatings, plasticizers, and plastics. Many halocarbons have specialized uses in industry. One halocarbon, sucralose, is a sweetener.

Everything from pesticides to sweeteners.

Halocarbons, including those that might not be hazards in themselves, can present waste disposal issues. Because they do not readily degrade in natural environments, halocarbons tend to accumulate. Incineration and accidental fires can create corrosive byproducts like hydrochloric acid and hydrofluoric acid and poisons like halogenated dioxins and furans.

Explains a lot...
edit on 24-9-2012 by Deezi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the vid CE

Skimping along on 200mgs bandwidth left at the moment so wont be able to watch it untill tomorrow but WILL be watching it.

The debate over exactly what this crap is, is entirely irrelevant, there is so much evidence that it causes harm and zero evidence that it helps teeth.
If they care so much about us why dont they put vitamins into the water supply, that might at least do some good.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
yes,. the sheeple hopefully will awaken from their chemikill slumber.
Do the search deniers,, NAZI used it to make em docile

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
yes,. the sheeple hopefully will awaken from their chemikill slumber.
Do the search deniers,, NAZI used it to make em docile

And thats exactly why they use it now.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Have you seen the MSDS sheet on "natural" calcium fluoride?

Special Remarks on Chronic Effects on Humans:
May affect genetic material (mutagenic). May cause adverse reproductive effects and birth defects (teratogenic) based on animal test data.

Special Remarks on other Toxic Effects on Humans:
Acute Potential Health Effects: Skin: May cause skin irritation. Eyes: May cause eye irritation. Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation. Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal irritaiton with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, salivation, thirst, abdominal pain, fever, labored breathing (respiratory depression, apnea, dyspnea). Exposure to fluorides may also cause disturbed color vision, hypocalcemia, hyperkalemia, and hypomagnesemia, and may result in systemic toxic effects on the heart/cardiovascular system (hypotension, tachycardia, arrhythmia, weak pulse, cardiovascular collapse), liver (hepatic enzymes increased), and kidneys (abnormal renal function, renal damage). It may also affect behavior/Central Nervous System (CNS depression - headache, dizziness, weakness, somnolence, ataxia, loss of conciousness). Other neurological symptoms of acute fluoride ingestion may include muscle weakness, difficulty speaking, fitfulness(hyperreflexia), tetany, numbness or tingling of the extremities. Chronic Potential Health Effects: Skin: Prolonged or repeated skin contact may cause dermatitis.
Inhalation: Prolonged or repeated inhalation may cause bronchitis, asmtha, silicosis, increase in respiratory infections, pulmonary lesions. Ingestion: Prolonged or repeated ingestion cause diseases of the blood, teeth, bones and other organs (osteosclerosis, fluorosis). (Fluorisis is characterized by vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, weakness joint stiffness, loss of appetite, anemia).

www.sciencelab.com...

Actually, most fluoridation is done with hydrofluoric acid (HF) though, not calcium fluoride. One hydrogen atom and one fluorine atom.

That article linked by NeoVain misinterprets what the study says. There has been no link found with fluoride and heart disease.
Association of vascular fluoride uptake with vascular calcification and coronary artery disease.

The feasibility of a fluoride positron emission tomography/computed tomography (PET/CT) scan for imaging atherosclerosis has not been well documented. The purpose of this study was to assess fluoride uptake of vascular calcification in various major arteries, including coronary arteries.
The study is about using the fact that the fluoride used in medical imaging can present a diagnostic tool for increased cardiovascular risk. This is in addition to it being very useful in the detection of bone cancer.

edit on 9/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Naturally occuring CaF2 (Calcium Fluoride) can also be toxic, but they are not adding it to our water system and water sources high in CaF2 are avoided or treated for that and other excessive minerals.

NaF (Sodium Fluoride) is much more toxic, and is not naturally occuring, and has been proven to be toxic yet they still add it in our water and food supply.

Phage you are a senior member so I am sure you have seen the mention of "why is there a toxicology report on toothpaste that says to call the emergency if you ingest it?" question.

The reason is because it's poisonous.

Even though the amount we consume via water and food intake is rather small compared to concentrated doses, it does have a cumulative effect that I'm very confident you are also aware of.

I'm not here to defend naturally occuring Calcium Fluoride, since our water is already messed up with tons of other stuff such as arsenic due to high iron content which the other dude mentioned. I'm here to discuss the fact that our lovely caretakers are putting poison in our water even though we know it's bad for us, could it be that it does make us docile?

Most people aren't giving a # and even the ones that do (such as myself) aren't doing much more than complaining about it on the internet.

We all need to start somewhere right?

Sodium fluoride is bad and for you to try and compare it to Calcium fluoride to try and sway the discussion is somewhat comedic

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

OT: The Flouride Deception is a good read on this issue, written by a bbc radio journo, available all good ebook stores aka amazon

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UdonNiedtuno

UdonNiedtuno

No intention to be condescending at all. Apologise if it came across that way but you do understand that this isn't the most expressive means of communication

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Naturally occuring CaF2 (Calcium Fluoride) can also be toxic, but they are not adding it to our water system and water sources high in CaF2 are avoided or treated for that and other excessive minerals.

yes, and fluoridation levels are far below the levels which trigger those actions.

NaF (Sodium Fluoride) is much more toxic, and is not naturally occuring, and has been proven to be toxic yet they still add it in our water and food supply.
Sodium fluoride is not more toxic but both are toxic at high concentration levels.

Phage you are a senior member so I am sure you have seen the mention of "why is there a toxicology report on toothpaste that says to call the emergency if you ingest it?" question.
There is no "toxicology report" but there is a warning. The reason is because if a child eats a lot of yummy toothpaste they could receive a toxic dose.

Based on the amount possibly ingested and the development of any symptoms, the center will give you advice on whether you can safely stay home or go to the ER with your child.
If you can be watched at home, they will most likely recommend that you give your child some milk.
kidemergencies.com...
BTW, to get that amount of fluoride (72 mg) from a typical fluoridated water system (0.8 ppm) you would have to drink 90 liters of water.

it does have a cumulative effect that I'm very confident you are also aware of.
Not really.

Sodium fluoride is bad and for you to try and compare it to Calcium fluoride to try and sway the discussion is somewhat comedic
Sodium fluoride is no more toxic than calcium fluoride and people have been ingesting it since long before fluoridation started. In fact, it was the correlation between low tooth decay and high fluoride levels which led to the use of fluoridation.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Corruption Exposed

I am so sorry that I wasn't able to express it more simply for you. CaF is a solid that can only partially dissolve. NaF is naturally occurring but is fully dissolvable.

Neither Calcium or Sodium are particularly harmful on their own. The part we are concerned with is Fluoride - which is toxic in high doses.

What I don't understand, is this - if there is a huge conspiracy to poison us through the water supply - why not just use ricin or hydrogen cyanide? Why pick such a poison that it allows us to live our lives into old age before finally stricking in the the form of arthroscleroses? Why tell us exactly what their putting the water supply and exactly where it comes from? If they just want to dumb us down and sedate us - why not just use valium? or prosac.

BTW - I agree that the supposed health benefits are negligable and can be easily obtained by individuals who want it. There is no real need to put it in the water supply
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Fluoride at concentrations we are experiencing now in the United States will make people obese if they have a lowered metabolism. That is about half the people in the USA. Fluoride can also weaken the immune system. It can cause a downturn in the energy supplied to parts of the brain and cause calcification to occur. It causes misjudgements by people because the brain is used to working as a whole and suppressing one part means we need medication to keep it functioning right. Fluoride can cause the male sperm cell to be malformed and cause impotence. I can name a lot of things that fluoride does at the concentrations we have in the American diet presently because of compounding action. I can only name one thing that evidence shows is good which is the enamel on the teeth being strengthened, and it is causing fluorosis in a lot of people. Do people actually think we have a choice in whether our water is fluoridated? If we want it removed in our town it will remain because precedence has now been established and it will be added for the good of the people. It is a drug that dopes people up, used in conjunction with many other things added to our food that are used to calm us and dumb us down. I know lots about these things from investigating foods and herbs to treat epilepsy. What fools people be. Doping ourselves so we can be friendly and enjoy life is alright as long as we do not get sick from it.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Putting fluoride in the water supply is like putting a control knob on the nation. With it they can adjust the nations ability for critical thinking.
Its true both the russians and the nazi's put it into the drinking water of the prisoners because it induced complacency...it made the prisoners easier to manage, in our water supply WE become easier to manage.

When the World Health Organisation looked at US states that fluoridated the water supply and compared the health of their teeth with an equivelant number in europe who did not fluoridate the water they found absolutely no difference in the health of their teeth.
I think when we have entire states to compare and we see no difference its pretty damned obvious it DOES NOT DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE BOX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join