It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just seems so hopeless...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by azamber

How do I deal with it? I read, write, pay my bills, and think about others. Those who have to deal with military checkpoints to go to work, remote controlled aircraft firing missiles at their friend's and family's homes, and those whose loved ones have been sent to secret prisons to be tortured. Nothing like that has happened to me, my family, or my friends. So I think about others and wait...

Well, this is exactly my problem. I think that we're not too far off from this, and I want to be out of the big city, and in a remote area, where I can ensure my family's survival, before we get herded into camps because society has broken down completely. I just don't know how quickly this can happen. How fast before people take to the streets en masse to protest whatever craziness happens next, using whatever means necessary to show their discontent? I'm sure the gov't would respond quickly, so I just try to watch for signs, so I can get us out of here fast, if need be.

I live less than a mile from a military reserve, and if SHTF, my area could quickly be locked down. I am just trying to be a step ahead of it all. Survival in the wilderness seems most ideal, as electricity, food, and basic services will probably be scarce. To keep order, I am sure the gov't is ready to step in at a moments notice to maintain it's grip on power. I want to fall completely off the radar before that even happens, but not too soon.

And while everyone who says, get away from it for a bit, focus on other things, etc, is absolutely right, I don't feel I can, until I have a solid plan in place. That's going to take a lot of work. I am afraid I don't have the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Hi,

First of all, I want to congratulate you for waking up. It's a scary feeling, yes, but you are now aware of the state of this country/planet. Alot of people are waking up now and I think it's a great thing to happen. There was a poll that came out that something like 70% don't trust the government. You are not alone.

If your friends are scolding you about not voting, well, that is your choice and they should respect it. Or you can check out some other candidates like Gary Johnson, Ron Paul or Jill Stein. You don't HAVE to vote for Obama or Romney. I plan on writing in Ron Paul's name.

I have the same problem with my friends, but instead of going ballistic on me, they just tune out. They also don't want to know the state of affairs with this country, preferring to duck their heads in the sand and pretend life is perfect. That is frustrating to me but it's their choice.

If it gets too heavy for you I find that meditating and yoga works.

There is a reason for everything and I find that it all seems to work itself out in the end.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by azamber

I am with you in this one brother, not that things are crazy and were at a tipping point, because thinking about that crap slows you down, i mean it is good to realize the truth of things, but now it is time to move forward with solutions, which i agree 100%. In a year i will be taking a hiking trip to scout for locations, then a year after to build my home and a small community (which would be a dream come true to have a community), people need food, just like they need other people, so i am not talking about isolation, but to do what humans were meant to do (if that makes sense?) and i would not dare to go alone though, that would be mental suicide for me
that's why my brother, his partner and mine, also my sister and hers are deciding to try something different, i mean we don't have to conform to anyone's else beliefs or way of life, just simple living so that we can actually enjoy and spend more time with our friends and family, instead of wasting energy on bills and taxes and what not.. (and i know how to grow food, and build log or even HEMP homes)

I get a lot of negative feedback from family member and friends also, "Oh your leaving and giving up on you self" or "That's now how things should be you have to wake up to the reality" my favorite one hehehehe... i do not have anything against it, but this my life, and ours, not some judge or politician.

I agree with you OP, and i personally already have a way of life i want to live by, or so to say a "solution" to other peoples problems, and the main solution is, STOP COMPLYING WITH CRIMINALS!!! and their way of life not yours (not you op, just saying in general)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hi OP. Over a year ago I too came across all of the same information. Fear gripped me and I could sense the wickedness within men's hearts to deceive the unsuspecting population. You are correct, most do not see it coming. But it led me to a place where you have not ventured (you haven't mentioned it so I think this), and that is to prayer asking your Creator what it is that you see. Has it not occurred to you that you see reality differently now than so many around you, and do you not wonder why? How is it that you can see some of these deceptive plans and the vast majority do not? I'm here to tell you that Our Father in Heaven has allowed it, that this pressure, this pain gripping your heart and fear in your soul is designed to press you into seeking Him. What you sense, but do not yet see, is the flaming sword of the angel standing over our lands. Can you understand Jesus healing the blind to SEE and healing the deaf to HEAR, as in UNERSTANDING? He does it to this very day. But please, your vision and hearing is still impaired and what you do not understand is who you are and why severe chastisement is just around the corner. God's judgements are upon His house.

You won't understand now, but I pray in time that you come to understand how he prepares those who love Him. Jesus said that the end will be as in the days of Noah with the vast majority never seeing it coming. As apostate Christianity prepares to fight, His faithful children seek to prepare spiritually and mentally. This is what understanding allows - getting right with the only One that matters.

Today, we have all but crucified Jesus in our minds and we therefore live to the beast. Satan works on your fear of death "A man will give anything to save his life." Our fears are exceedingly magnified when it comes to protecting our own children. Many are going to face the loss of our loved ones in the coming future. Most reject this Truth outright today. Please don't be one of them, and don't toss aside what He has already provided to you. Seek Him with your fears and tears, for it is a humble and broken heart that Our God loves. He can talk to this type of heart, He can get through because it's receptive.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by azamber

This is my first thread, so please be nice.

I look around, and while I become far more aware politically and socially as time goes on, I can not ever remember a time it all seemed so bleak.

I don't know where to begin either since this slow descent into hell has been going on for far longer than any of us can remember and you have to actively LOOK for the evidence and proof that the "society" we've grown up into was doomed to failure from the start. Many of the participants at the constitutional convention gave us their warnings way back in the early days when there was still time to change the direction, but no one listened. And believe me, I've lost plenty of friends and family because people still aren't listening.

The more they say we are a civilized society, the less civilized society has become. The more they preach ethics, the less ethical society has become. The more they preach tolerance, the less tolerant society is. The more the sold out candidates promise the moon and the sky before they're elected, the less good governement we can expect from them. And the more we become aware of how and why that all is, the deeper our sense of despair sinks because there are so few answers and it seems there is nothing we can do to stop the devolution. We have rotted from the top down and it happened so slowly over so many hundreds of years that the majority of people are still unaware of how, where, why and when the descent actually began.

So people today are dazed by economic hardships and land foreclosures? Well its nothing new.

For American farmers, the Great Depression began not with the stock market crash in 1929 but with the collapse of agricultural prices in 1920. Thus the entire decade of the 1920s was a time of poverty and crushing indebtedness, leading to ever-rising foreclosures of family farms.
www.shmoop.com...

Rinse and repeat. Nothing will ever change until we free ourselves from the usurious bankers once and for all.

I certainly won't attack you for having caught on to the fact that voting never made anything any better, in fact voting serves no purpose at all other than to provide government with a mandate to lie and cheat and usurp our (and everyone else's) natural rights some more. I guess some people feel duty bound to participate.

You are not crazy, this 250 year plus experiment in "liberty" has always been a collective mental disorder and agenda 21 is only the most recent symptom.

Here are some of the first symptoms:
www.wepin.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
And I can take or leave it
If I please

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by azamber

Hello Azamber. As another said, congratulations on the eye opening. It does at times look bleak so I can sympathize with your anxiety.

I have drawn a new outlook from it though. It might sound pretty f'd up, but it works for me.

I came to the conclusion that the system is sooo broken and beyond repair that they only way to fix it is to flush it all way. I am still going to vote this election for Gary Johnson. Why? Because I like what the guy has to say and I truly believe in the principles of Libertarianism.

I used to hope for cataclysm...I would look around at the corruption, the greed, the gluttony, the anger, lust and pride and it just tore me up inside...I concluded that a complete wipe out and redo was the only way to fix it...and...to a point, I am still pretty sure that is what it's going to take. We are going to be slapped back to the stone age (again?) and maybe this time we'll get it right....doubtful though. The difference is....where I used to dread and loathe the "reboot"...I no longer do. I am not a prepper...If cataclysm comes, I hope I check out in the first flashwave...I really am getting too old to try and "rebuild" the world. I hope to leave some things behind for the younger to use and learn from...tools, books, techniques....to learn how to do the simple things without a computer or an I-phone. It's not going to be easy for the one's that are going to have to pick up the peieces and start anew.

What I am trying to say is....every dark cloud has a silver lining. The "doom" everyone fears is inevitable and just might be what is needed. Instead of fearing it and letting your anxiety put you in a dark place...embrace it, prepare for it. Don't go goofy on prepping...but prepare a legacy....that is much more powerful than any amount of food you can put away. Get hard copies of books on basic carpentry, woodworking and carving. Get some high quality hand tools (yeah, the kind that require no electricity) and have these things ready to be passed on. Think of what your children are going to need in a world with no electricity...gasoline, cars....etc...get them and store them...along with instructions on how to use them.

I have done this for my daughters. I have taught them the basics on a few things but they are really not interested (at this point). I have binder I have been working on for several years. It has instruction in it to do all kind of "lame" things that no one does anymore...but...we might need to know how one day.

Don't let the gloom get to you...realize it is something that is necessary for humanity to continue...we must re-boot...it's just the way it is. Instead of getting down...prepare for it...but not like the "preppers"....prepare a legacy that will actually matter 5-10-20 years after you are gone...hoarding food and ammo won't last a year.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Thanks for yanking me back to the present to what we can expect to happen before there's ever any opportunity for a reboot. No one can know exactly what the future will bring, but at some point in time the people will reach that last straw moment and then it will be katy bar the door and there won't be any more TIME for despair. People can deny anything horrible like the first revolution or civil war could ever happen in this modern age, at least until it does, but once a nation starts down the path we're on it always ends badly. Being mentally prepared for whatever gets thrown at them is as important as prepping because, as you said, a hoard of supplies won't last for long.

Your post especially resonates with me because, like you, I have no expectation (or energy) to get through a major cataclysm. And I also have a couple of daughters as well as four young adult grandkids who've all pretty much rejected in depth discussions of what's coming or why, but I am satisfied that we did everything possible to make sure they all know how to improvise in a variety of difficult situations and how to get by with very few conveniences or tools in the wilderness. We had a lot of fun doing that and I doubt if they even realized at the time that it was training, although they understand it now. And like you, I have saved a lot of history for them to read ~ when they're ready to know the details. That is if IT survives whatever's coming. There are just no guarantees.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

While I am probably a bit younger than you, and two of my children are under 5, I can not give up fighting for survival. But your post was probably the best common sense survival advice I have come across. Thank you so much for sharing that info.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've read that anxiety comes from a lack of action when humans feel threatened, so have you considered what actions you could take that could alleviate your fear/anxiety? Something as simple as bottling your own water or growing a garden, however small, may help you to take back a sense of control.
I personally find that when I get antsy, I get up and move. Anything...walking, doing laundry, picking up the dog poop out back, helps. It clears my mind.
I agree that we have passed the point of no return, but I believe that it's all for the good. And that until its my god appointed time, nothing can kill me. And when it is my time, nothing can save me. I made peace with that a long time ago. That helps me in these crazy days.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Again, thank you all so much for responding. I can definitely say, reading this thread helps a lot. I do need to focus on more bite-sized chunks at home, and in the community. Learning moderation, as another poster pointed out, would definitely help.

I remember a time when people got their news in the morning paper, and on the nightly news reports on TV. It was much easier to digest back then, instead of a constant stream of continuously updated stories flooding feeds and tickers that are difficult to avoid nowadays. I think the first step would be to limit my news intake to once or twice a day for a half hour to an hour at a time. That will, of course, make Facebook difficult, but I should limit that too, instead of leaving it open, and checking it whenever I get a free second.

A few of you mentioned Gary Johnson, and before I made my decision not to legitamize our thoroughly corrupt electoral process by withdrawing my consent, he was who I would have chosen. I'm not sure if I have much faith in local elections, especially in Phoenix, where the gov't subverts the will of the voters when it suits their own purposes. And as long as there is Sun City and PV, I doubt we'll have a chance of voting Arpaio out any time soon. I need to get out of this city. I am financially limited, but this is one of the highest priorities.

Also, in response to WhoKnows100, long ago I did in fact, venture down the path you speak of, and without getting too deep into my beliefs, I will say that I am now in a place spiritually where we probably essentially believe some of the same things, but have different labels for them. I appreciate your genuine concern and prayers, but I assure you, my soul is safe.

And to hqokc, your opening sentence makes a lot of sense, and that is probably true. I am pretty sure I have learned how to prevent anxiety from becoming a full blown attack by doing smaller, more immediate actions, but I will now tackle those larger issues I can control, like learning some of the skills I know I will need. Thank you for providing some clarity.

I still have to check out the videos that were recommended.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by azamber

If you convert to Islam you wont have to worry about
Islam any more.
It will be a bit like a living death,
but after a while you will get used to it,
or not.
Allah will then solve all your problems,
or not.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I feel my awakening occured during my enlistment in the Marines...i was a stupid little 18 y/o kid who didnt know what i had got into. As the years went by I really started to believe that things arent right. Things are really bad in the world, but they always have been...After I got out the service is when i really started getting into the whole conspiracy this illuminati that, NWO, all that stuff...I thought I was going crazy!

But then I talked to another veteran who was just like me...and he gave me some good advice...He said to me that, although all this stuff in the world is going on...whats stressing about it gonna do? Things are gonna play out how there gonna play out, and if people dont want to listen to you, then just live your life to the fullest, be prepared for whatever may or may not happen, but in the mean time, just DO YOU.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Sounds like you need to move to the UK

if you tell people your not voting here all you will get back is "Yeah they are all the same, not worth voting"

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Diggz

I have so much empathy for you. After 9/11, I watched countless friends, to this day, sign up because they believe(d) the lies. I lost a very close friend in Afghanistan, 3 days before he was supposed to come back home for leave. "Just one more trip", for his buddies, they said. It was their last. Four men killed by a roadisde bomb. Takes it a lot closer to home when I can say, "The freakin' Taliban killed my FRIEND." He believed he died protecting us. For that, in my eyes, he died a hero.

I believe you all were/are willing to die to protect your country and our freedoms, and for that I am truly grateful. But I think you and I both know the truth. The wars we fight today are over lies, and for profit and power. The extraordinarily young men and women that sign up to fight these wars are typically too young to see the truth and are emotionally manipulated into signing up, believing the lies. So incredibly sad. I am so grateful you made it out alive, and have come to the place you are at. I just hope more of you come over to "our side", before the military turns it's guns on it's own citizens, which I am afraid is a huge probability in this political environment. What do you think of this possibility? I have heard in other online discussions that this is already being openly contemplated by active service members.

Your buddy gave you some great advice, and I can embrace it if the "you" part of "just DO YOU" includes my loved ones, and ultimately greater community. "Just DO YOU" can mean so much if the "you" part of your statement is more broadly applied, which leads me to my final conclusion in this thread, and one that I can not take credit for alone. I have been searching for the answer for several days now, and have discovered it (for about the hundredth time).

WE ARE ALL ONE. WE ARE ALL CONNECTED. "WE ARE A WAY FOR THE COSMOS TO KNOW ITSELF" ~Carl Sagan, on that last, quoted part.

CHANGE BEGINS WITH THE INDIVIDUAL. BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.

The only way we can change ANYTHING, or deal with the ENORMITY of the situation, is to realize how much we are all contributing to the problems, by being complicit in them. All of the advice in this thread leads back to these conclusions. THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME. I needed that, I really did. My "awakening" had gone up a notch, and as usual, caused the same familiar rumblings in the resonance of my cognition, leading to some very dark thoughts and emotions. Which leads me to...

THOUGHT IS THE GREATEST CREATOR. WHAT YOU PROJECT OUTWARD, YOU BRING INWARD. FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE, WHILE ACKNOWLEDGING THE NEGATIVE, a.k.a Hope for the best, plan for the worst. (DISCLAIMER: I have a very large problem with the absolute form of this theory. Believing that I, "azamber", create ALL that I experience, ALL by myself, is so incredibly wrong, and unhealthy, especially for "first timers", that it is irresponsible to put it out there in that form. It puts such a heavy burden on the unawakened individual, that awakening becomes further out of reach than it was before. Please stop doing this. Please. Find a gentler, more gradient approach.) EVERYTHING IN BALANCE. (Including awakening)

And for your contemplation, and as a reminder for myself, because this thread is something I will be revisiting, this is a video that means a lot to me spiritually, believe it or not.

...and this one illustrates the Oneness theme from a comedic, and quantum perspective.

I think we have a little bit of time. At least enough to properly prepare, if those of us who are just beginning start now. I apologize for my initial "breakdown", but I'm sure others are experiencing similar feelings, and may benefit from this thread. Maybe more of you will post, and give me more to contemplate, as well. Regardless, I wish you all the best in your journeys. Thank you all again for your input.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

instead of a constant stream of continuously updated stories flooding feeds and tickers that are difficult to avoid nowadays. I think the first step would be to limit my news intake to once or twice a day for a half hour to an hour at a time.

Yeah, I highly recommend that.

The news is just like anything else you put in your mind....it's not going anywhere, there will always be more and you can find good and bad in all of it.

Remember too that not all conspiracy theories are bad. Some people conspire to do good things.

Also, if you want to keep learning things here, don't just click on topics, forums or discussions. Click on the people. Go to someone's profile page to where you see their last 800 posts, start clicking and start reading. That way, you're not trying to digest 5,000 different points of view at the same time, but rather you're focusing on one persons particular viewpoint. It might take you a bit of time to find that someone that you can wrap your head around in a positive way, but that is one good way to learn more things and not get depressed at the same time time.

edit on 28-9-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by azamber

One day at a time....and never lose sight of how the world can be better.
edit on 28-9-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i will paraphrase someone i hear on cost to coast "prepare for what may come but do not let anything get in the way of living your life to the fullest"

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by azamber

Your mind is like a garden what you put in or allow to be put in is what will grow and dominate your thoughts. Like a garden if you do not consciously plant good seed the wind will blow weed seed into the garden and you will have a garden full of weeds (negative thoughts).

However if you plant good seed you will get a garden full of fruits and vegetables. You will still get some weeds but you pull them out. It is the same with your mind. You must take control of what goes into your mind. Plant positive and good thoughts and you will get positive and good feelings leading to positive and good actions. You will plot a course through the obstacles and pluck the weeds out.

Here is a great speech by Adam Kokesh that really sees the positive in all that is happening now. He is an example of despite all the crap going on he has cultivated his mind with the positive and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Take a watch and also go to the link in my signature for some positive inspiration.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 28-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by azamber

Stop mumbling, go to an Amish community, live there for few months and you'll be fine.
else
Become a farmer, its a guaranteed self supporting and best survival method there is.

For US collapsing, who knows, but better be prepare for anything thrown at you.
Cut internet, tv, news paper, phone for a week and you will notice - theres plenty you can do and everything barely change.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join