It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran readies domestic Internet system, blocks Google

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by XPLodER

It's simply a demonstration.
What's next?

An Iranian version of China's great internet Google firewall?

Meet the new Boss.
Worse than the present boss!

edit on 23-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

it wont work,
didnt work in egypt
wont work in iran

levelling the place doesnt magically make things better,
and aid is what "the people" need,
not repression and explosions

xploder

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Too bad North America didn't censure UTube or other media sources before the going got really stupid and showcased just how dumb we are here.

Wanna see someone kicked in the nuts? You search that and you will get hundreds or thousands of hits.
Why?

We are freeking stupid here beyond belief.

Someone help us all please!

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 23-9-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The citizens will have bigger concerns if Israel gets its wish.

Like staying alive.

I don't think Israel should launch an unprovoked strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, but under no circumstances would Iranian civilians be deliberately targeted in a coordinated IDF mission.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Israeli civilians in the event of a coordinated Iranian/Hezbollah/Hamas retaliation/preemptive attack.

edit on 23-9-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
I don't think Israel should launch an unprovoked strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, but under no circumstances would Iranian civilians be deliberately targeted in a coordinated IDF mission.
You do realize these are Nuclear Targets being discussed?

Care to take a Scenic Vacation to Fukushima, Rates are unseasonally low currently.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
You do realize these are Nuclear Targets being discussed?

Care to take a Scenic Vacation to Fukushima, Rates are unseasonally low currently.

Twosides you nailed that one good, this will be no Iraq or for that matter any walk in the park.
We here In North America are being bombarded with radiation from Japan as I type this.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I can't believe the ignorance of some views in this thread.

Google is Jewish owned the last I knew - and the Jewish nation is openly threatening to wage a war on Iran.
Ask yourselve's if you would want anything to do with an entity who threatens you in such a way. I'm surprised
it didn't happen sooner and if you can turn on your foresight radar's it won't stop there. You can expect utube
to be blocked as well. It's not rocket science nor is it an attempt to censor it's people when their Govt has far
more pressing issues to deal with at this time. It's tactic's. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I don't think it is supposed to "help the situation" - it is supposed to point out the difference betwen having free speech and not having it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

i am civilian,
i live in NZ
i dont support iran,
i support common sense, and evidence based debates,
something the op misses

IS THE HUGE FLEET OF SHIPS ON THE IRANIAN MARITIME BOARDER
debate dont attack me with names like dis info like the op
debate the facts not the poster

it just looks desperate

is that question against t& cs ?

edit on 23-9-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Sep 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
History has shown the more a government tries to limit access to a form of communication, the greater the desire of it's citizens to find a way around it and eventually replace said government. Iran is just sowing the seeds of it's own fall as it continues to limit it's citizens freedoms.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
no im the internet police,
and your under arrest lol

i know you read some of my stuff, so i hope your joking about the quip about working for the irainians,

i think that the op is choosing to miss the obvious
deny ignorance = pointing out the obvious flaw in the ops position relative to the debate

xploder
edit on 23-9-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A friendly reminder...

...to please remain on topic and refrain from launching personal attacks against your fellow ATSers. Adherence to this modest request is expected. No exceptions.

Consider this fair warning.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by ancientthunder

I don't think it is supposed to "help the situation" - it is supposed to point out the difference betwen having free speech and not having it.

I know what the intended message by slayer69 was trying to do, what I am saying is there are many ways of doing that, which are a whole lot better in my opinion.We know what freedom of speech is here at ATS, as I am very aware of out of ATS also. what is off topic is to slander for no reason. What I am doing is questioning certain stances and hoping for an sincere answer.I myself have fallen in to the trap of expressing myself in the wrong manner and at a later date done my best to rectify that miss of the target.Now as far as I see this is related to the thread as it is all about freedom of speech, etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The 'counter cyber-warfare' argument is pretty weak. Being cut off from the World Wide Web will not insulate Iran from specially designed malware. It could insulate the rest of us from nasty bugs on Iranian systems though - thanks. The idea is to increase the state's control over what information the Iranian public has access to via their computer. That's it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh
The 'counter cyber-warfare' argument is pretty weak. Being cut off from the World Wide Web will not insulate Iran from specially designed malware. It could insulate the rest of us from nasty bugs on Iranian systems though - thanks. The idea is to increase the state's control over what information the Iranian public has access to via their computer. That's it.

in response to what?
if its about control of the ideas and thoughts of a population, why now?
any country tries to disconnect from the net and their population will resist it

you cant discount the situation they are in,
or do you have a reason to do so?

fyi
i hate censorship

xploder

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

If I am to believe this then I have no choice but to believe the Iranian's have no concerns about any possible nuclear strikes on their land but would rather focus on the gossip market of their people over who is googling what.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
in response to what?
if its about control of the ideas and thoughts of a population, why now?

"Why now?" Keep up. Censoring of the internet in Iran is nothing new. What galvanised this latest push for internet control is the way that the internet was used prior to and during the post-election protests a few years ago - and still is used by activists and opposition in Iran today.

you cant discount the situation they are in,
or do you have a reason to do so?

What?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnihue

If I am to believe this then I have no choice but to believe the Iranian's have no concerns about any possible nuclear strikes on their land but would rather focus on the gossip market of their people over who is googling what.

Ah so they blocked Google to prevent nuclear strikes. It all makes sense now thanks for that mate you're bloody clever you are.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnihue

Ah so they blocked Google to prevent nuclear strikes. It all makes sense now thanks for that mate you're bloody clever you are.

Please accept my hypothetical: You and I are on the brink of war.. would you mind so much if I connect my computer to yours? and if I can't please tell me why.
edit on 23-9-2012 by omnihue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join