It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods can you move this? Strange experiences last night.....anyone else experience something similar?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Mods can you move this to Paranormal or Aliens-UFOs? I'm looking for answers so am thinking it might get more attention in one of the other forums

I'm not claiming this to be anything. I'm basically just looking to see if it might've been something significant or not. It's quite possible that the experiences have a perfectly reasonable explanation, and we just managed to get ourselves freaked out in the middle of the night.

I'm located in Northern Indiana. If anyone in Indiana, Michigan or Illinois experienced anything weird last night I'd love to hear from them in particular, and really anyone in the US that experienced something similar. Anyway here is what happened We went to bed pretty late, so didn't even get to sleep until around 1:30 am. I woke up hearing some noises and it sounded like someone was walking around in the house. That was just after 3 am. It freaked me out so I listened for a bit, It could've been the dog but usually you can hear his toenails clicking when he walks (hardwood floors-big dog). So I got up and went to check out the inside of the house. I didn't wake my husband because he's a big time skeptic and I knew he would be annoyed if I woke him for nothing. Everyone was sleeping, doors were locked, and house was secure.

I went back to bed but when I did I noticed that it seemed like a bright light shining through my bedroom window, like headlights nearby (live in country and houses are about an acre apart side by side). I looked out and couldn't see any cars out there. I went back to sleep but didn't sleep well and kept waking up hearing noises, mostly bumping sounds and sounded like cars idling but there weren't any when I looked out the windows. My closest neighbors put their cars in their garage at night. At one point I heard a high pitched noise for a couple of minutes, but then it was gone so I just figured it was some sort of ringing in my ears.

When I got up this morning, my husband said that my youngest daughter had been up earlier but went back to bed because she didn't sleep well because she kept hearing noises and a high pitched noise. My husband and other children slept soundly and didn't hear anything. When my youngest daughter got up she said she basically heard what I did except for she didn't have the bright light and she heard the high pitched noise for most of the night. Her room is on the opposite end of the house which may be why she didn't have the light coming through the window. If I hadn't heard the high pitched noise to I might've just figured it was a noise her phone charger was making. Also as to the light, I checked the moon phase and there is not a full moon right now.

I have no idea what this was or if it was anything at all. Did anyone else experience anything strange last night? Also, if anyone has had an experience like this before I would be interested in hearing about it. We personally have never seen a ufo in our area. I checked Mufon and there was one about 3 hours from here, but it was an actual sighting of several triangle shaped objects moving in the same direction, early am this morning.
edit on 23-9-2012 by britelite1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

I live in Seattle...in a downtown historical apartment building. We have a courtyard...and my windows face the courtyard which closes at 10pm every night...so people can sleep.

About 2 weeks ago I awoke around 4 am to go to the bathroom. I came back to bed...checked on my cat who was sound asleep. I laid down and I was just about to close my eyes...and I heard someone walking around in my apartment. I got up to check...and I could see no one...but I could hear footsteps very clearly. I laid back down and decided to try and go back to sleep...a bright light shown through my bedroom window for no more than 10 seconds. This experience was very odd; I still am not sure the origins of all of this.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Woah both accounts above sound pretty creepy! Will be keeping an eye out on this thread for other commenters. Unfortunately I can not bring anything of interest to your table but do find what you are both saying of great interest.

S&F

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Wo! That is so weird because it is very similar to the light and footsteps from my experience. The light through my window lasted a little longer but I couldn't really even tell you how long because I was so freaked out I was just trying to go back to sleep and forget it.

Interesting side note. I have an aunt that lives in Seattle and a couple of years ago we went to visit her. While we were there we took the underground city tour downtown. While we were on the tour I felt someone tug on my hoodie and there was noone behind me and the people beside me were far enough ahead of me that if they had done it I wouldve seen them. Have you ever had any paranormal experiences there?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Thanks! I was kind of wondering if I should move it to another forum because I'm not sure how much attention general forums get, and I really would like to get input from others on this.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

After you shared what happened to you...I got motivated to share what happened with me...because it was so similar.

Yes...I have gone on that underground tour...but no paranormal activity happened to me on the tour.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I believe this should go in either the paranormal or UFO section. If you send a mod a request to move it to one of those, they might do so.

Interesting story for sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for the advice!
I asked them to move it so hopefully they will.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Here is a thread about a slightly similar experience.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=880966

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Thanks for giving me that thread. That is actually waaay freaky and a lot more freaky than my experience!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I had something similar and put it off to being still dreaming while awake, because I too, have dogs (indoors).

I woke up after hearing what sounded like sandals on the linoleum going down the hallway. As I woke up, a bright light outside the bedroom window turned off. I live rural and a thick batch of trees blocks anywhere a light could come from.

I sat up thinking wtf, I thought I had also heard someone say "hey" during all this. My Shihtzu on the bed didn't hear anything and my Lab was in the kitchen where he would have seen something if anyone had come in. My Shihtzu could tell I was really perturbed so he ran around checking out the rest of the house.

If the Lab didn't look at me like all was ok, I would have been totally freaked.

It was weird reading about such similar experiences....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

That is so similar to my experience its freaky! To me, it's hard to understand how the light and the footsteps connect. The footsteps seem more paranormal while the light coming through the window would seem more like it was ufo related. I'm still pretty much at a loss though.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Seriously, did either of you see a small green light. As this is evidence of a psychotronic beaming in event of humans.
I have personally experienced this. As have the Relfes of Metatech.org.

Also there is another way an entity can get in is a mirror opposite a door. I don't have any of these.

And I have been woken up by my closed eyes registering a change from a briliant light to darkness. It woke me up. Freaked me out.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

No green lights or mirrors opposite doors. I have a mirror opposite a window though.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Interesting how you have had similar experiences, I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if any one else comes forward with more similar experiences, And i am very curious at peoples opinions as well.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

No, I didn't see a green light. That wouldve freaked me out evevn more! Lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

Thanks! I still have no idea at all what it was but am leaning towards the paranormal side. All was quiet last night though, thankfully!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You just descibed what it was like for me to grow up in the house I was raised in, situated in the heart of no man's land, AKA, the New Jersey Pine Barrens. I used to lay in bed, from about the age of four until I left for college (and each visit home) listening to the footsteps pacing through the house and several snacks and cups of coffee being prepared in the kitchen. Only my phenomenon was coupled with page-turning gone amok. What I mean by this is, you'd hear the footsteps and snacktimes and then these pauses, where all you'd hear was the sound of paper after paper being turned over, as if someone were leafing through a book in an attempt to find one particular page. I was eleven when something rather substantial happened, however, it didn't occur to me that this substantial turn of events COULD have an alien origin until I was in my late twenties. But that's the topic of another thread...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I don't know, I tend to check the 'new topics' and 'top topics' so get what is going on across the board rather than specific forums.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I'm from eastern washington and i have had the same problem as well except mine is at least once a week or thats what it seems like. The experience i have had is about 2am from time to time(its extremely rare) i have heard footsteps and chalked it up to an overactive imagination and it being late. However the main issue is about 3-4am somewhere in there,what feels like at least weekly its like our neighbors(whose car port is by my window) are turning their headlights on full blast for about 10 mins and just sitting there *note* i hear no engine nothing and then it just stops. I just wanted to reassure the OP that the experience happens at least somewhat frequently and not just in her area. By the way I have noticed it for about 2-3 weeks, I just had no reason to post it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join