It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spirit has come to live in my house. Real or imagined?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I just mentioned this in a different thread, and since decided I would start a new thread about it. I can't say I really believe this kind of stuff, or that is what I would have said until 3 nights ago. I am still in the non-believer category.

Since returning to the U.S., from Japan, I have been having some weird stuff happen. I would think that I heard a voice, giggling, see a figure from the corner of my eye, footsteps in the hallway, and hear sounds around the area of the kitchen. I thought I was just crazy, and was starting to think that I just needed to ask the VA for some psych meds. I never talked to my wife about any of these experiences. They always start after she has gone to sleep.

3 days ago, I was having what I had come to explain as typical hallucinations. My wife had gone to bed, and I went to the kitchen table to read ATS, until I felt sleepy. The entire time I thought someone was there with me. From the kitchen table I can just barely see a couch in the living room. It seemed to me that there was someone sitting on the couch. Sometimes, I thought I saw someone walking through the kitchen from the corner of my eye.

After a few hours, I felt sleep was catching me, and I went to the bathroom to shower and brush my teeth. While brushing my teeth, I thought I heard someone talking in the hallway, outside of the bathroom door. Someone, standing there, would have also been outside of the bedroom my wife was sleeping in. I got into the shower, and I kept catching a glimpse of a figure outside of the shower curtain. I thought I heard a whisper from time to time, and giggling. When I was finished showering, I stood in the bathroom drying off, and I could hear someone in the hallway. I opened the door and stood looking down the hall, but saw nothing. I just couldn't move for several seconds, I stared and tried to figure out why I couldn't see what was making the sounds. When I grew bored of that, I went to bed.

After a few minutes, I heard sounds in the kitchen. They were the typical sounds of someone doing what people do in a kitchen. I closed my eyes, and laid back enjoying what I thought were hallucinations, as I drifted to sleep. That's when my self induced tranquility was broken by hearing my wife ask "Do you hear someone in the kitchen?"

With that new information, I grabbed my rifle from the space between the mattress and headboard, and went straight to the the sounds. There was nothing there. I did a search of the entire house. I overturned anything, looked behind everything, opened everything, while also checking the doors and windows as I passed by. There was no one else in my house or any evidence to say there had been.

The only thing that makes any of this real, to me, is that my wife heard the sounds in the kitchen that night. She also thought that someone was in the hallway, the same as I did. She didn't hear any whispering, giggling, or talking, but she did hear what she describes as almost catlike sounds, but not exactly the same. She has also been hearing sounds of activity and sensing someone around the inside of the house since we've returned. That night is the first night that we had ever discussed what has been going on with each other.

Yeah, spooky. I don't know. I don't believe in this stuff. I am still fixated that a real live person is somehow doing this. If I do have some kind of supernatural phenomena happening, I can come with a few possibilities for how I could have picked up a spirit house mate.
edit on 12-9-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

maybe, you brought "something" home with you ?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I hope they are friendly. Made me think of this...
www.youtube.com...

Good luck dealing with her.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

That's crazy talk.

It's all fake, don't listen to the OP.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Interesting read op. Don't quite know what to say. I suppose if there's no danger involved theres no harm. Personally I'd freak out big style.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

That's what I have been contemplating. I am still giving most of my attention to the thought that a living person is getting into my house somehow. If trying to draw conclusions, based on the premise it is a haunting event, I can offer some possible reasons why.

While in Japan, I went to the beach, which is about a half mile from our house. While driving there, I observed all of the homes that had been destroyed by the tsunami. While walking along the beach, I passed by occasional spots where houses had once been. I found myself stopping often to grieve over the suffering I imagined people had experienced there.

Another reason could have come from visiting a cemetery. My wife and I have a routine that we follow each time we return to Japan. We visit her families graves, clean them up, light some incense, a have a few quiet moments with her ancestors. When we were at the cemetery, during our last visit to Japan, I noticed another families plot overgrown with weeds. I cleared out the weeds and lit some incense as I offered a prayer for the individuals represented by those graves.

That last possibility that I will share comes from when I went with my wifes uncle to cut the grass at a boy scout camp. The camp is on the edge of a dense woodland area. Right beside the camp, is an older, abandoned house. I often felt like someone was watching me from that house. I stopped a few times to admire the house, despite the obvious years of neglect. I remember thinking about how I would like to live there, even if it was abandoned because other people thought it was haunted.

There are probably other ways that I could have picked something supernatural up, but that's my top three list.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You brought home something from Japan.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Grrrr well I believe and wish they would come talk to me!

Seriously, I do.

Either you were really sleepy to the point of an over active imagination or....

You were hearing the other side.... Spirits.

If its the latter, I say LUCKY!!

If they begin to scare you then ask them to leave!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Thanks for that, it gave me a good laugh. I was expecting to follow your link and find something from grudge.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

You and my rational mind share the same thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Double post.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

Whatever is happening hasn't cause any real harm, yet. Unless of course, it is a living person, then the harm caused is simply that they are in my house

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

I do find that idea interesting, and am exploring the possibility.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I don't think it was caused by lack of sleep. I started to get ready for bed, before I was too tired. I often stay awake longer than I should, for my entire life, and understand the effects not sleeping has on me.

I am giving credibility to the supernatural. My wife buys into it completely, but she also has conversations her dead ancestors. The only reason I think something is going on is that my wife had no way of knowing that I had some crazy thoughts in my mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
reply to post by Soloro

Double post.

Looks like your abstract mind wanted to make a comment too

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Do you often hallucinate? You mention it casually as if it is a common occurrence. If it is, this is most likely the cause.

If not, then yes, you did attract a spirit. Of the possibilities you mention, attending to the other family's grave seems to me the most likely. You may have interested whatever spirit watches that family. I am not there, though, so I cannot judge the situation well enough. If it worries you, politely ask it to leave.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Setup a camera and see if something shows up.

Maybe a sound recorder too.

After a few minutes, I heard sounds in the kitchen. They were the typical sounds of someone doing what people do in a kitchen. I closed my eyes, and laid back enjoying what I thought were hallucinations, as I drifted to sleep. That's when my self induced tranquility was broken by hearing my wife ask "Do you hear someone in the kitchen?"

You were enjoying what you thought were hallucinations until your wife heard it too and showed you that it weren't hallucinations?

Why would you enjoy a situation in which you know you are hallucinating, when you haven't taken a hallucinogen?
Seems pretty scary to me, especially if the hallucination involves people or something else wandering round your house when you are in bed.

edit on 12-9-2012 by SentientSentinel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lycosa

No, I didn't often hallucinate before this started, and I had never experience anything like this. This kind of activity has been occurring for 4 months. It was 3 days ago, when I realized that my wife was having the same experience. Prior to that night, we had never talked about it to anyone. She believes it is normal stuff, and seems unaffected by any of it. I just wanted to wait to see if it stopped, before saying anything that would have led me to the loony bin. No one in my life suggested that I was acting any differently from normal, and I was taking care of the daily responsibilities expected of me.

Yes, I think that a spirit associated with the strangers graves is a good possibility.

There is one piece of information I have not yet provided. My mother in law died an unnatural death, no long after my father in law died from a heart attack. I imagine that is why my wife has not really been bothered by this. She has dismissed it as her mother visiting. She didn't tell me about her experiences, because she thought it would freak me out. I was hiding my experience from her well enough to make her think I had nothing going on.

I don't think it is my mother in law. Whatever it is has interacted more directly with me. Her experience has not gone beyond hearing something in the hallway and kitchen. She has also sensed someone watching her from the hallway. I have often thought that it is right there with me.

It doesn't happen every night with such intensity. Many nights, I do not have any related experiences at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
it look like a spirit was attached to you during your Japan trip
do you feel any bad energy from it ?

dont ask any question to this entity or you will motivate it more
be strong and know it is there but dont fear it
if the paranormal stuff get stronger .. you will need to cast it out
speak to this entity ..like "you need to let it go and go into the light in the name of Jesus Christ"
put some Jesus cross in all the rooms just to be sure its not a dark entity
never be pissed at them or they will think you only care about yourself
if you care and show a pure heart to try to help it out positively .
it will let you and your familly alone

no ouija board !
big trouble if you use even a homemade one
oh and put down the rifle lol
never underestimate the unexplained .. especially the spirit world
pray to God and Jesus before you go to sleep asking them to protect you
its the ONLY "weapon" you got against those entities
and dont fear them show them love and kindness

hope it helped

Edit : dont investigate it with audio recording or video cam
or you will have a angry spirit at you
edit on 9/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SentientSentinel

Certainly, now that I have reason to believe this is not a product of my imagination, I am prepared to throw cash at studying the situation. If you have suggestions for devices best suited for the task, I would appreciate them. It may sound strange, but I have no real video or audio recording equipment anymore. I have a habit of giving possessions away when I find I do not use it anymore. I have a cell phone camera which records video. I also have the video and audio recording capabilities provided by laptop computers.

As for why I was enjoying the hallucinations, I can try to help you understand. Throughout most of my adult life, I have proven myself a person who can calmly react through an emergency situation. Also, my undergraduate degree is in a science field. I look for the rational explanations.

When this first started, you can bet I was actively checking out the situation. I ruled out that there was a person in the house more than enough times to dismiss it. That night, as with every night since the first occurrence, I have checked the doors and windows before my wife goes to bed. I have also observed that my wife checks, before she goes to bed also. I just check as a follow up.

After developing confidence that there was not a living something, coming into my house, I looked at the two remaining possibilities. Either this is my imagination, or this is supernatural. I opted for my imagination, after sitting through the experience a few more times. I observed what was going on around me, and payed attention to the detail. Other than the odd sensations I have during an event, there are no other physical elements to it. All of it rationalized rather nicely into hallucinations. From there I tried to make myself view it as I would a horror movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join