It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold thermogenesis, anti-aging, and how to repair your DNA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
So Eskimos live Vey long lifes?
as the winter cold slowly come on.
I dont turn up the heater. if it gets very cold.
I just put on more cloths to keep worm.

I save on my heating bill.
you get uset to it. my room team at winter is 16'C.
I have seen a lot that people with radiators
will get more colds and flu a lot more.

people forget that we came form millions of years ago!
and are bodies are still working to live in the out doors.
we should get cold in the winter.
and it helps kill bugs and greams.

If you use the very cold water.
start Slowly!!! do it one time a week and get worm soon after.
after 2 weeks do it two times a week.
and Dont have the heat up high in the winter.
never go below 15'C in your home.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So Eskimos, who have a completely Paleo diet, and live in very cold climes, live forever?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
On the subject of anti-aging, I found this video sometime ago but it is fascinating nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by primalfractal

Another interesting story about healing:

Speedhealing - The researches of Dr. Samuel West

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I find visits to my cold homeland and the mountains of New Zealand have rejuvenating properties. Thanks for this information. I m going to do some experiments.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That's all I have to say for this topic

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Nazis were up to this during WW2 all be it to a more extreme level. They experimented on the poor Jewish subjects and learned all kinds of things about anti-ageing regenerative properties of the body by inducing hypothermia(plus all kinds of other weird unholy stuff)and then performing vivisection the poor sods, sometimes still alive. Sad fact is they learned a lot that can actually help man rather than hinder. But the cost, my God!
edit on 23-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

It is quite telling how cold therapy culture has persisted in the Military. Battle conditions soon show what works and what doesn't. Reminds me of Bruce - “Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.”

Just be sure you are up on your heart condition before 'shocking' your body into it, I've seen athletes go into cardiac arrest entering an ice cold shower from summer exercise.

Thank you for this timely warning. Cold thermogenesis can be dangerous. Heart attack and hypothermia are possible if due care is not taken

ACFASP Advisory Hyperthermia PDF - Link

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

It was my pleasure. Very glad you girls and guys are finding some value in my thread

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

reply to post by buddha

You both make the excellent point of maintaining cold room temperature for performing cold therapy. This, along with correct breathing was emphasized in early 19th century PE. The old time strongmen are a great example.

In modern times there is a rumor that Lance Armstong trained in a cold room, and, of course, Rocky Balboa

Cold Water Dousing & 19th Century Physical Culture- Link

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal

In modern times there is a rumor that Lance Armstong trained in a cold room, and, of course, Rocky Balboa

old lancy gave up in the end, on the drug fight.... the idea that it hardens the body, keeps it strong, i would agree with.....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I suppose when it hits -40 this year, I'll go for a roll in the snow

(Wouldn't be the first time!)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wisper

Yea, modern sports are ruined by drugs, but
i do wonder if he was the only one or the only
one that got caught.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smilesmcgee

I'm sort of envious, I live in sub-tropical conditions, its around body temp today
here so a lot harder to get cold. I have been under the hose and am doing up
an ice bucket but -40....wow. I am planning to travel soon and hope to be able to
experience some real natural cold.
edit on 23-9-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2012 by primalfractal because: add

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

So Eskimos, who have a completely Paleo diet, and live in very cold climes, live forever?

Eskimos are often bought up in regards to paleo but actually havn't eaten paleo for generations. I think they eat a lot of junk with little fresh veg. Before Euro contact they ate paleo, there isn't very good records of Eskimos health at that time.

The Reindeer People are a better representation of the original Inuit ways but even they are sadly dwindling.

I think the best exaple of natural native cold thermogenesis and paleo diet is the high Himilayan peoples. They are far healthier than their near Indian, vegetarian, neighbors. Some are even rumored to have been immortal

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Cool video. In relation to the springs Stalin visited I have a mineral from there that I put in my water called shungite. It is made of fullerenes/buckyballs and has quantum properties as well as being a super powerfull anti-oxidant. Shungite is the only natural mineral containing fullerenes and is only found in one place in Russia.

Another anti-aging trick I know of is acupressure point st-36, along with many Chinese legends there is a Harvard study showing moxibustion at st-36 icreases telomere length.

The machine stuff....meh. Just dreaming I recon, the quantum nature of DNA with it's logic surpassing uncertainty principled powers is vastly superior. Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I like to go for a surf in the middle of winter when it so cold it burns, after a bit you warm up and it becomes quite comfortable although I do find there is a bit of mental strength to get past the initial burn lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Oh great, more snake oil, cancer and aging cures.

A dangerous one at that.

Yup I can see large numbers of dumbass people going out there to lay nekked in the snow and die of exposure..

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When I was young my mom would always tell me to jump into the cold pool after being in a hot tub. She said it was good for my skin. Sometimes when taking a showing I would turn it to cold right before I got out of the shower. I stopped doing this years ago, I guess I just forgot about it. I always felt amazing after being in the cold and then warming up. Like after skiing and then sitting in a hot tub, or how invigorating it feels when you walk outside into the cold after being warm. There seems to be benefits to the body with extreme temp change, just didn't know it was on the dna level. I give this a thumbs up! I'm going to start doing this and see how I feel.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Interesting reading. Thanks for the information

I'd like to try some of this and am currently working on my diet/excercise, though it seems I'm the titrating type. My raynaulds won't really allow me the cold water/ice/snow without putting me into a flare [mine is acute], but I can handle cool temps. and hope some of this works for us all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join