It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold thermogenesis, anti-aging, and how to repair your DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by primalfractal

Thanks, very good to know.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In Japan I went to a traditional onsen (hot spring) with the family I was staying with, and after sitting in the sauna for a good ten minutes we would get out and jump straight into the freezing cold bath and sit in there for a while, then back in the sauna and repeat the process. It was a really relaxing experience and my skin has never been as smooth as it was after that.
I was not aware of any effect at the DNA level, but it makes sense, and could also explain why so many Japanese people have a long life expectancy and maintain a youthful appearance for so long.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie

Another interesting story about healing:

Speedhealing - The researches of Dr. Samuel West

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

Thank you brother.

I'm going to try this, think you might be onto something good here

edit on 25-9-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TetsuoIronMan

Yea, I think you could be right about CTG and health in Japan. They, like the Russians and Scandanavians have the traditional bathouse culture.

As I mentioned before it is also in Japanese martial arts.

National traditions

Japan
Some Japanese ascetic practices, as with Shinto misogi practices, include dousing. This is seen, for example, with some Aikido martialists. Morihei Ueshiba was known to practice cold water misogi.
Kamakura, Japan has a temple whose Nichiren Buddhist priests in training practice a ritual of 100 days of fasting, meditation and walking which ends with stripping to loincloths and dousing with ice cold water.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Oh great, more snake oil, cancer and aging cures.

A dangerous one at that.

Yup I can see large numbers of dumbass people going out there to lay nekked in the snow and die of exposure..

Argue with the Doctors dude.

Medical research suggested the following benefits of regular cold shower application:
- activation the sympathetic nervous system (Shevchuk, 2008)
- increased blood level of beta-endorphin and noradrenaline and increased synaptic release of noradrenaline in the brain as well (Shevchuk, 2008)
- electrical stimulation of peripheral nerve endings to the brain, which could result in an anti-depressive effect (Shevchuk, 2008)
- significant analgesic effect without noticeable side effects or causing dependence (Shevchuk, 2008)
- reduction in muscle soreness after running a marathon (Liang et al, 2001)
- improved quality of sleep (Onen et al, 1994)
- decrease of uric acid level in blood plasma (Brenke et al, 1994)
- inhibition of purine metabolism (Brenke et al, 1994)
- long-term antioxidative adaptation (Brenke et al, 1994)
- improved tone of the skin and muscles (Mergeay et al, 1990)
- reduction in uremic pruritus (a major problem for patients with end-stage renal disease) (Zucker et al, 2003)
- increase in brown fat cells, which protect from aging; fight obesity, diabetes, and heart disease (Kanzleiter et al,2005; Mattson, 2010). All references and quotes are provided below.

Link

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
For those who don't want to take cold showers or run naked in the snow, there's an alternative called Derivative Baths. Google it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I go swimming in a river near my home all year. Last winter in 25 F. You just have to prepare your mind, crank up the kundalini and go. My only fear was freeezing my feet to the rocks when I got out.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal
reply to post by ColeYounger

Glad you like the thread. I'm also very interested in DNA repair, fascinating stuff!

Lyod Pye has some good evidence that we were genetically tampered with. He believes the Sitchin/Sumerian tablet/annunaki theory. The annunaki tales say that Enki, mad at Enlil for downgrading his creation in the garden of eden programmed a back door code into our DNA. When triggered it will restore our "powers".

I theorize that if this code exists it could be a combination of cold thermogenesis and tones/frequencies.

This vid is long but well worth the watch. Thanks for the healing tones, very soothing, I've got it on repeat.

edit on 23-9-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting about Lloyd Pye, he is one of my favorite lectures. Woke up early and now have to go back to sleep but just had to view a bunch of his precious video! Looking forward to hear the rest of it later on. I've seen segments of it before, but I wish there were more professors like him. Because I think he mixes incredible passion with great reasoning powers. Not that he has all the answers but he clearly has an incredible reasoning ability I think.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

Thats ok tiler. I think he's really good to. A lot of people talk about annunaki DNA manipulation but he has the best proof ive seen by far. The superiority of the hominids we supposedly evolved from shows we were tampered with. They were 10 times stronger with none of our 2000 genetic defects, similar or more brains. Why would we evolve worse? And the feet, I'm pi#*ed off about the feet!

Thanks for reposting, it's important info I think.
edit on 26-9-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Well, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread. Great info and stories from you all

reply to post by D1ss1dent

For those who don't want to take cold showers or run naked in the snow, there's an alternative called Derivative Baths. Google it.

Sounds interesting but I couldn't find the specifics without buying the book. Uum.....butt rubbing?

Does really sound good though and seems to relate to JimIries post about speedhealing, targeting lymphatic removal of toxins.

Originally posted by JimIrie

Another interesting story about healing:

Speedhealing - The researches of Dr. Samuel West

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim Irie

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Wow, that is really cool, I did not know about that. I used to practice Judo when I was younger and have always been interested in taking up Aikido. Also Kamakura was somewhere I really wanted to see in Japan but did not get the chance, I hope I can go back sometime.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Whole thing reminds me a little of Lovecrafts "Cool Air" and "The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar" by Poe.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Prehaps "Like cold air passing through lips" by Saradha Soobrayen.

posted on Sep, 28 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Cold water therapy is practsed by yogi's under the name Ishnaan.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here is some information on Tibetan Tummo meditation for those interested in the more esoteric side of cold water thermogenesis.

Tummo meditation has been known to trigger Kundlani experience. Kundlani can be damaging for unprepared individuals. It can be life changing. I believe in first straightening the spine and releasing tension/blocks through yoga or flow type exercise. The mind with some form of recapitulation to balance hemispheres and of course the breath with abdominal breathing. Otherwise it can all go sideways!

That being said, these people are amazing. The energy being generated is so palpable it is almost visible on screen. These are not just ice buckets; they are sitting there where others would die. In a way this is proof of superhuman powers.

edit on 29-9-2012 by primalfractal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Sounds interesting but I couldn't find the specifics without buying the book. Uum.....

If you can read French, i suggest you to go here. Info in English seems poor. The method is simple: you apply cold water (not too cold) on the groin area (left and right side) during 10 to 20 minutes (3 times per week minimum). Personally, when i do it, i use a shower head with a long hose...

edit on 5-10-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Thank's, I'll give it a go.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by primalfractal
I’d like to talk about cold thermogenesis and its effects on telomere length in DNA and the resultant anti-aging.

What is it? Neatly summed up as regularly freezing your butt of it can entail things like ice baths, cold showers, freezing buckets of water over the head, basically extreme exposure to cold. Cold thermogenesis not for the fainthearted. Recently experiencing a revival from its previous incarnation as cold water dousing due partly to the new research done by Dr Jack Kruse.

Dr Kruse found that cold thermogenesis combined with a fat based paleo diet caused a lengthening of the telomeres thought to be responsible for aging.

Telomeres are the bits on the end of DNA that get shorter each time the DNA is copied until it is no longer viable. Slowing or reversing this telomere loss is one of the grails of anti-aging. There is also links on Dr Kruse’s site to a DNA testing lab and he challenges any doubters to get their own DNA telomere length checked before and after cold thermogenesis.

Link

However, telomeres become progressively shorter each time the cell divides. When they get too short, cells reach replicative senescence and can no longer divide. The result can be the various conditions associated with old age.

From Wiki

Since shorter telomeres are thought to be a cause of poorer health and aging,

The theory behind this is that CTG triggers a parallel but previously non-functional neurological pathway. This pathway is hardwired into us and dormant since Palaeolithic times. If triggered it boosts the immune and confers almost mystical powers of endurance as well as giving longevity.

Some medical research on cold water benefits Link

When people entered the Neolithic age and started farming, living indoors, wearing more clothes, and eating more grains and other poor quality carbs. Fast forward to today. Most people rarely if ever get cold even in cold climates and our buffering from nature is endemic. This pathway is closed down in most people with the exception of a small number of people living tribally in very cold climes.

I first came across CTG while training in Systema (Russian martial art). These guys include the elite of Spetsnatz Special Forces and they use the dousing method – buckets of ice water over the head, outside, in freezing conditions, brrr.

Looking back at cold water dousing it was very popular in the 18-19000’s due partially to a most interesting character named Porfiry Ivanov.

Dying painfully of cancer, Porfiry just wanted to end it. He went outside, naked, in sub-freezing conditions and began tipping ice water on himself hoping to catch cold and cark. After a few days of this he started feeling better. He kept increasing his exposure to cold and getting better. His supposedly incurable cancer was gone.

After this he was known to walk around for weeks outdoors with no food in blizzards, wearing only shorts. This is in temperatures where a normal person would die of exposure in minutes. He believed in the idea of returning to nature and that nature provides for us if we trust and let go.

He had quite a following and of course the Soviets didn’t like this and threw him in the nutter for extended periods. Typical government.

There is a possible mystical or quantum element to cold thermogenesis. Tibetan monks use a combination of cold and tumo meditation to trigger kundlani, the fire within. The ritual where the monks dry wet blankets with body heat is quite well known worldwide. Wim Hoff, the iceman, uses tumo meditation along with ice. He recently climbed in the Himalayas wearing only shorts.

From Wiki

Cold water dousing is used to "shock" the body into a kind of fever. The body's reaction is similar to the mammalian diving reflex or possibly temperature biofeedback. Several meditative and awareness techniques seem to share similar effects with elevated temperature, such as Tummo.

CTG is can be an effective cure for many illnesses. It helped me get over the chronic (fatigue that is) along with liposomal vit c- ATS thread.

The method I use is to just sit in the recliner and cover myself with ice packs and ice bottles every couple of days. Then contrast showers every day. This is turning the shower from hot to cold repeatedly – 30sec hot, 30sec cold etc. Works for me and is also good to build mental strength!

So anyone like to freeze?

edit on 23-9-2012 by primalfractal because: Mods please remove last comma from title oops

edit on 23-9-2012 by primalfractal because: doh scratch that

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Good health and less suffering -- those sound like worthwhile goals, right? Studies show that religion -- or spirituality -- has a positive effect on physical health and does, in fact, help reduce suffering. Whether it's through meditation, prayer or learning to forgive, research indicates that you can learn to become happier and even more social through spirituality. vibrationplates.in...
Kundalini Yoga Meditation has been shown to have a positive effect on people dealing with severe levels of stress, depression and obsessive compulsive disorder. Medical researchers who have investigated the connection between mind, body spirit -- particularly in the later years of life -- have found that a focus on spirituality and its power to elicit positive change is important.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
That's a trip. I have always wondered as to why i always looked allot younger than i am.

im 21, and 80% of people guess im 18 sometimes 17.

my voice dosent sound it though.

i'v also always been a fan of the cold rather than the heat.* BY ANY MEANS*

i take cold showers*always have* shorts and saddles in the winter. don't own a jacket/coat.

so would that actually be the reason as to why i have preserved so young?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join