It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans stop hating your immigrants

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You are absolutely right about the fraud. The women I used to work with told me I should do the same as them and claim that I am a one income household. These ladies made a good wage and their spouses worked under the table. They claimed a one income household and got all these benefits. When I asked them why they would do that when they were well above the poverty limit, they say America is stupid, they give us lot and they get more by being illegal.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Night Star

I think there is more resentment and disrespect for the illegals than hate. We are very generous people, but enough is enough.

If you are under twenty five yrs of age. I've been saying that as long as you've been alive.

I'm 54.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by Night Star

no problem. generally speaking, people are relatively clueless.
here's another.
in az and n.m., illegals really have no fear of repercussions.
it is very common to see an illegal get out of an escalade or brand new 4+4.
how do they afford these vehicles?
it sure ain't picking fruit.
there is almost a uniform these guys wear.
cowboy hat, very pointy cowboy boots, and the kicker.
a leather vest with a big marijuana leaf patch on the back.
like i mentioned, they do this with no fear, even if caught they spend a week in jail, are sentenced to time served and then released.
they bring in thousands a week, if not much much more.
they have plenty of money for lawyers if caught, and really don't sweat it.
the government really does not think twice about an illegal purchasing a house worth a couple hundred thousand,
purchasing expensive vehicles etc.
in many ways the gov. and the banks both encourage it.

edit on 24-9-2012 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

And this drives up the costs for Americans who cannot afford the inflation is a vicious cycle...we are being phased out why? I think it's because they are an easier to control population of people because they obviously don't stand up against the government there they sneak away here...so the US government has a pretty good idea of how far they can control them without repercussions. That's my observation.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

And this drives up the costs for Americans who cannot afford the inflation is a vicious cycle...we are being phased out why? I think it's because they are an easier to control population of people because they obviously don't stand up against the government there they sneak away here...so the US government has a pretty good idea of how far they can control them without repercussions. That's my observation.

Seeing no current evidence to the contrary? i agree.
edit on 24-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

About them being invited here? Well one thing the government has to remember is they better kill us the hell off before we catch wind....ooops too late there is a revolution going to come and then they WILL have to face the music.... and then maybe we can get someone else who isn't a greedy douchebag in office
edit on 24-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: oops I made a wrong word

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think you're missing the point many of us are trying to make. It's their constant and continued blatant abuse of our welfare system and disregard of our laws that upset most American citizens. The fact that they're here illegally is a ways down on the list at least for me, although I don't like that either. I don't like people stealing from me and taken advantage of my hospitality and that's what a large majority of illegals do. No, I'm not OK with that or the fact your telling me that I should be OK with it. The word hate may be a bit extreme for me but I dislike and resent their ethics in a big way.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

yes, and all one needs to understand is that the banks profit by laundering all this drug money.
illegals are encouraged to open bank accounts.
the banks use the cash to their advantage, plus make money off the mortgage etc.....
even the i.r.s. turns a blind eye due to the buckets of money they get to make in taxes for these large purchases.
it's a viscous cycle, and the only ones not benefiting are us.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

yes, and all one needs to understand is that the banks profit by laundering all this drug money.
illegals are encouraged to open bank accounts.
the banks use the cash to their advantage, plus make money off the mortgage etc.....
even the i.r.s. turns a blind eye due to the buckets of money they get to make in taxes for these large purchases.
it's a viscous cycle, and the only ones not benefiting are us.

So true. And this is why I say I don't appreciate them at all. I don't hate anyone not really but I hate humanity as a whole. I have nothing to do with as many people as physically possible...if I could I would not deal with humans at all lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I think you're missing the point many of us are trying to make. It's their constant and continued blatant abuse of our welfare system and disregard of our laws that upset most American citizens. The fact that they're here illegally is a ways down on the list at least for me, although I don't like that either. I don't like people stealing from me and taken advantage of my hospitality and that's what a large majority of illegals do. No, I'm not OK with that or the fact your telling me that I should be OK with it. The word hate may be a bit extreme for me but I dislike and resent their ethics in a big way.

k how bout this then ? I concede to everything you've said. simply because you pulled back on hate ?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I agree with that statement. Let me also say that in addition to that feeling, I also feel frustrated by communication barriers when immigrants don't know English....I think of the golden rule and treating others how I'd like to be treated, but honestly if I went to move to another country, in order to make daily life easier and to get along with the locals more, I'd make a genuine effort to learn that country's language and I don't understand why immigrants to the United States don't feel that way. Not that all immigrants are like that, but many of them are. Hell, I'd love to move to Ireland and live there and even though most of the inhabitants speak English, I would go out of my way to attempt to learn Gaelic just because I live there.
edit on 24-9-2012 by GrimReaper86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

First I don't hate anyone. Here is the problem with illegals, it is in the word illegal and the very same reason they should not be called immigrants. I have no problem whatsoever with legal immigrants. I do have a large problem with illegals entering the country. You state that you would cross the border if you were Mexican. So your saying you would break the laws of the country you wish to enter?

I am first generation American and I take great offense when people constantly make the comparison of people entering the country illegally as opposed to entering through legal channels. Most of the previous generation of my family came here from Italy. They obeyed the laws and came to have a better life. They also understood the need to assimilate, learn the language, learn the culture. They wanted to. They wanted to be Americans.

So many illegals come here with no intention of becoming Americans. Frankly, how in the world can you enter a country illegally and then have any respect for the rule of law in that country? It is very easy to see the problems this lends itself to. Then there is the dirty little secret that nobody talks about. The billions if not trillions of dollars that are sent out of the country on a daily basis. Much of it never taxed. How do you think that has had an impact on our economy?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Our country was built upon the fact that people came from other nations with different nationalities. We are all immigrants except for the native Americans that got screwed.

That being said my problem with illegal immigration is that either we have laws and follow them or we don't. The idea of immigration is for the potential citizen to learn the language and culture of our country. It shouldn't be our job to have to learn their language. They only hurt themselves by not being able to conduct daily business without assistance. Learning the language only helps them to conduct daily business and communicate with others.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

weren't the people who came to the americas running away from allthe crap in their country???

Perhaps, but they ran to a hostile wilderness and fought a native people to establish a country.
None of them came here wanting to be an Indian, they came to conquer.
Mexicans come to America to be American, can you see the difference?
I will recite a previous posters analogy,
"If your car breaks down it isn't ok to take your neighbors car to the market just because yours is broke, it's your responsibility to fix your own car."

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The overwhelming majority of us don't. It's mostly TeaBags and Fox "News".

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It has nothing to do with "hate" and has everything to do with Laws.

It is about all of us living under the same set of rules.

Why should Immigrants be permitted to come to this country illegally when I can not so much as cross the street without using a crosswalk without being harassed by Police? Please explain this to me.

And before any accusations of racism get tossed about... I was born in Panama. My Mother is a LEGAL immigrant to this Country.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree and disagree. I hate them because they disobey our laws and take money and food from our mouths. Now with news about India buying up Canadian oil sands, it makes me wonder why in the world we still accept these people as refugees.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well maybe Ill come out to Apple Valley and move my family into your home, eat your food, open one of your credit card statements and sign myself up on your account, and just live off you and take from you and your family, all without your permission of course. Then when you want me to leave Ill refuse. Then you can show me just how much you have compassion for me and want me there.

That is in essence what ILLEGAL immigrants do on a national level. Being of Irish descent I do not hate immigrants, however I do hate illegal trespassers and invaders of this country. Illegal immigrants are nothing more than criminals (hence the term Illegal) just as a person driving without a DL is an illegal driver or any other illegal act a person commits.

If they come to this country through the correct channels, learn to speak our language and respect our laws I have no problem with immigrants, but I shouldn't have to press 1 for English or my wife have to be able to speak spanishh to get a secretary job when we are natural born American citizens, just because instead of the immigrants conforming to our culture we are forced to conform to theirs.
edit on 24-9-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't hate immigrants, legal or illegal. My great-grandparents, maternal and paternal were immigrants in the early 1900s, they came to this country with not a penny to their name. My great grandfathers both got jobs at their local steel mills respectively. They worked hard and raised their families.
What I hate are people that come to this country illegally. These people are coming here for jobs and a new life, which is great, but do it through the legal process like everyone else! More taxpayers = more revenue and the ones that really want to work, are very good hard workers, so come on in! It's not fair to citizens and legitimate people who want to come here and make a new life for themselves when these people come and don't pay taxes but can still vote and get healthcare at hospitals and etc. If they would go through the proper immigration channels and become legitimate citizens, I would welcome them with open arms.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

all without your permission of course.

So you don't feel our gov. has done everything short of sending out open invitations with such things as work furloughs. And could you stop being so obscenely over the top in your posts. ? Not that you're succeeding in your attempts at making me look like a jerk. But more because you're not.

just because instead of the immigrants conforming to our culture we are forced to conform to theirs

Forced ? Forced by who ?
edit on 24-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Actually you do have to confirm to the desires or illegal immigrants. Here's an experiment go to the McDonald's by my house and order in English. They will pretend like they don't understand you. Which is BS because they understand English just fine. Watch as the screw up your order because they simply don't care enough to get it right. Amazingly if a Hispanic person orders an even more elaborate order they have no problem getting theirs right. Hell it will even come with some free stuff too half the time. Watch as somebody who is Hispanic gets their order before you even though you both ordered the same thing and you ordered first. Now tell me they aren't being not only racist but also are showing contempt for america and its culture by purposely being incompetent when ever a no. Hispanic orders there. Explain to me why I have to be bilingual to work there. It they don't all they need to speak is Spanish.

And don't think I'm singling out a McDonalds from a purely Hispanic area of la. Im talking about the McDonald in Brentwood!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join