It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive meteor over the UK just now (21/09/12@23:00BST)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i just posted another thread about this cause at time i didn,t realize what i saw was meteor until i saw someone post about it on social network,i was in bathroom at time just putting something in and didn,t have light on but it lit up whole bathroom.....i dismissed it as maybe a firework,can,t believe i didn,t see it through a clear window.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
hi everyone im literally new tonight to this site all because i had a front row view to the meteor, im in salford manchester and i was so taken aback about what i was seeing i didnt even think to get my camera which im very gutted and sorry about to all as if i had of recorded it it would of been the best footage out of all that has been seen tonight, take my word for it that pic from holland 2009 looks very much like what i saw tonight big green glowing head with firework like trail, i thought it was a firework at first till it didnt explode and went on for about 30 seconds lol

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I think I know what happen with that picture.
This site has that picture on there and the caption under it reads.... Meteor Seen Over Consett 21-9-2012 (There are reports the above image might not be the meteor seen tonight, however, it looked just like this so we can’t be sure.) Maybe that is why there is a mix up?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom81

My mother was in Hope hospital car park(salford).
Her view was from directly below it, although she thought it was a plane on fire.
No sound. Described it like a firework.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arduous

Well, for once I may have to eat humble pie - and give my friend a severe scolding - and a public apology to Phage who it seems is right again.

My 'friend' can barely turn a computer on so I haven't got a clue how she managed to do this - or more to the point why.

I hate being made to look like a complete dick!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I never said you did say anyone was trying to fool anybody

I just said that so other posters don't get the wrong idea.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
My sons footage looks more impressive on his phone, and he and his friend said the vid didn't do it any justice...it was HUGE they say as others who physically saw it reported.

Any more feedback on the multiple sightings as my son saw 2?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You haven't been made to look like a, yeah, one of them, lol.

It was a simple and genuine mistake, your friend probably though it was tonights too.

Question to Phage if you are still about, do you know of any due meteor showers, there is more and more reports flooding in on Facebook of more sightings of different meteors tonight.

I'm half tempted to go out, it's pretty nippy out there now though.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I'm wondering if there has been more than one, or people are getting confused with wording as the original broke up into many fragments as it descended.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Question to Phage if you are still about, do you know of any due meteor showers, there is more and more reports flooding in on Facebook of more sightings of different meteors tonight.

Nothing in particular but large fireballs aren't usually associated with meteor showers. ATS member just reported one in Canada.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

@Freeborn...apology accepted gladly.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

yeah it was amazing i live about 10 mins away from hope hospital and its the most beautiful thing ive ever seen, no sound at all and from where i was in my backyard it was massive and didnt look to far away or that high up was just above the houses in front of me it looked, the pics and vids dont do it justice, im sorry you missed it, i cant believe i didnt take a pic or vid but to be honest i was in awe of what i was seeing and i was also trying to figure out if it was a firework i was seeing or not lol i dropped a ball on this i think lol

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Curious, I can't see that being the same one, as the one over the UK definitely burnt out somewhere over the Irish sea (or Ireland), I had a good view of its last few seconds.

Another thing you might be able to answer, most people are claiming it was directly over their head, I too make this claim. Yet the sightings were a few hundred miles up and down the country.

Is this just perspective due to height?
edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It looks like it was seen in Canada too. I wonder how far its range was and how big it was. or if it was several of them?
edit on 21-9-2012 by crazyguy2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The one in Canada (hours later) would be a different one.

Perspective can be very tricky but you'll notice that the videos of the British sighting do not show it overhead.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyguy2012

Not the one in Canada, that must have been a different one, I seen this one burn out before it hit the horizon.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

With my own eyes, I swear to you this was directly over my head, not to the left or right like in the videos.

I suppose that is possible given I seem to be in the middle of the sightings.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey i had a meteorite kinda dream last week or so..

Dream

Prob coincidence..but then again i am having dreams that are comming alive of late..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I am so glad you have brought this up been looking everywhere and have not been able to find anything ! I live on the Isle of man which you can see clearly from the map you have posted and I arrived at Douglas ( The capital of the Isle Of Man)bus station at about 5 past 11 because it was about 5 minutes before my bus which was at ten past 11and all of a sudden there was a bright light in the sky which was unusually close and I assumed it was a shooting star but it seemed like it was gonna fall down to where I was any second but the weirdest thing was it split of into like 6 different lights and I watched it the while way, I have to say it is one of the most weirdest experiences that's ever happened !!! (sorry for my grammar , currently in college redoing my gcses haha )
I wonder what it was ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by Phage

Curious, I can't see that being the same one, as the one over the UK definitely burnt out somewhere over the Irish sea (or Ireland), I had a good view of its last few seconds.

Another thing you might be able to answer, most people are claiming it was directly over their head, I too make this claim. Yet the sightings were a few hundred miles up and down the country.

Is this just perspective due to height?
edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

I'll second that question as my son said it seemed to climb ever so slightly before it continued on a completely horizontal path. The very few shooting start and/or meteorites I have ever seen have always had a slightly downward curve/trajectory. Even my son and his friend commented on its 'flight path' if you will.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So I have been out all this week, for hours with my telescope. Tonight I stayed in.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join