It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive meteor over the UK just now (21/09/12@23:00BST)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: wrong story linked

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

in fast paced threads this can happen...

4 March 2012 Last updated at 11:59 GMT

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It came over her too, Got a pic here. its not mine but from a friend on facebook, a lot of my fb friends saw it too.

So it looks like it came right across from the north sea direction towards Manchester.
edit on 21-9-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

Oh heck yeah, I didn't see that, someone linked it to me on Facebook, and as the time was pretty much the same, I didn't think to look at the date.

EDIT: Mind you, we could start a conspiracy theory as to why two of them came over at the same time, Someone do the number crunching lmao.
edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Seems too slow for a meteor

It was moving east to west over England and has made it over the Irish sea and eyeballed in Ireland i would not call that slow

Cran

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by VoidHawk

If its space junk will it poison us? Have you any info on what junk it might be? How long should I hold my breath?

No. No. As long as you can, if you want.

Ok if it space junk why no notice
They keep telling us they can see everything to the size of a few cm
This look more like the size of a car

You can't have it both way

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

There is a lot of junk up there, I would imagine if it was junk, they would have known it was nothing to worry about, therefore didn't mention it.

I normally don't question Phage, but personally, from witnessing it myself, I think it was a slow moving meteor.
edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: Still shaking from the excitment, can't type properly, lol

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Indoctrination begins soon i guess. The witnesses will strip off and cannibalize their friends and family or whoever they see next after jumping through the window

You weren't supposed to see it, what were you looking up there for? Its the reapers

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here we go, the real story, lol

www.bbc.co.uk...

'Meteors' sighted in skies across UK People from across the UK have reported seeing bright objects in the sky, thought to be meteors. Belfast coastguard has taken calls from people who saw the objects from Coleraine on the north coast, to Strangford Lough in the south east. Sightings were also made in Dublin. The lights were also seen in parts of central Scotland including Grangemouth, Edinburgh and Glasgow. And the suspected meteor has been seen in Norfolk and the West Midlands.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Lots of people saw it here in County Durham - a mate got some photo's but they are pretty crap.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OMG!!!! BATTLE: UNITED KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, this is soo amazing, i never seen anything like that!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I don't think it is possible to take crap photos of something like this Freeborn, each and everyone will be amazing in their own right.

reply to post by sylent6

I have seen similar, but this has to be the best to date, actually got my heart pumping, I'm still shaking from it, lol.

Very bright, very beautiful, potentially very deadly.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure NASA forgot to mention this little rock. Of all the doomsday threads on ats, this one sure slipped under the radar.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Because it never posed any danger, when they are that size, very little, if any, reaches the ground, when you see a normal meteor (shooting star), they are grain of sand to pebble sized. This one was probably the size of a small car.

The effects of it hitting the atmosphere certainly are dramatic though.

edit on 21/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Bro, I could only imagine how you could have felt. Once in a lifetime deal there!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Just been sent another pic which to be honest is quite good.

I'd post the photo's but I've never really mastered the art of posting photo's on ATS, never tried is probably more accurate, and as it's approaching 00.30 I'm not really inclined to attempt to do so now - might try tomorrow if someone sends me an idiots guide on how to do so.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If you want, email it to me as an attachment on [email protected]

I will post it, credit it to you, and your email address will remain confidential.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

It's a relative term. Meteors enter Earth's upper atmosphere at something like 25,000 mph or more. Orbital debris at about 17,000 mph. So both are very fast but in comparison debris is slow.

That said, it's pretty hard to tell from the video how fast it was moving. That was just my impression. Also, it would be somewhat unusual for orbital debris to travel from east to west, most of it has a west to east direction.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
alot of people saw it over here in yorkshire too!!! apparently it was huge and flying very low in lots of pieces!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Yellabelly

Very low is from perspective, it will have been quite high, higher than most commercial airliners.

The fact it was leaving such a large bright trail would make people think it was a lot lower than what it actually was. I could tell when it was heading towards the horizon it was still fairly high up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join