It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does MONEY come from?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
best explanation wins. No arguments against other arguments, just your own argument.

Where does MONEY come from?

This is a question about "Money". Not Gold or Silver, and not coins. Paper currency, and the creation of it. How does a dollar come into creation? What is it's source? How does it come into existence? What is it's "Origin"?

Can anyone give a proper explanation?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Out of thin air, 2500 years ago.

Wikipedia is your friend :

Money is any clearly identifiable object of value that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts within a market or which is legal tender within a country. Since ancient times people have swapped items of value either in the exchange of gifts or else in in markets where a commonly shared system of tokens is more convenient.[2] Many things have been exchanged in markets including, for example, livestock and sacks of cereal grain (from which the Shekel is derived) - things directly useful in themselves, but also sometimes merely attractive items such as cowry shells or beads were exchanged for more useful commodities. Precious metals from which early coins were made, fall into this second category. Numismatics is the scientific study of money and its history in all its varied forms

edit on 21-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I know it doesn't grow on trees. My Dad told me that when I was little.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hasn't mum and dad sat you down and explained this one ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

lol, anyone can Wiki...but Wiki is not the truth, for conspiracy researchers, or anyone interested in the real truth of certain "hidden" things.

Come on now....i mean....the origin....???

Let's start here..

Gold and silver do NOT back money anymore. So, WHERE does it come from?
In other words, where does credit come from?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

It comes from humans having a mutual agreement of the value of an object

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Taz2122

This is not a thread I created to cause people to watch 2 hour documentaries. Sorry.

I meant to stimulate thought and conversation.

That video does not explain it simply for the average person. but thanks anyways.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

If I remember right, money is nothing but an IOU, that is why it has "I promise to pay the bearer the sum of" written on it.

Pay what, I do not know.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The Fed. Each dollar is actually 1 dollar of debt, owed back with interest. Money is created out of thin air. When a bank lends money, they are using the fractional reserve system that says they only have to have 10% of what they are lending on reserve. So if a brand-new bank starts out with $100, they can lend out $1,000. Thin air.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

9/10 points for this one.
Very good!

But not the ULTIMATE source. In so far as mutual agreements between people, in nature, generally, YES, you are correct. But this does not explain where credit comes from. Correct? Not in our society, at least.
But I think your answer is GREAT, because it's as close to this truth, in an inter-personal way.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Money doesn't exist

It comes only from the minds and manipulations of those who seek control, it is a mental game of perception, a few great manipulators create "Need" via perception and assign value to that "Need" This is a Science an understanding of peoples perception of limited resources that stems from animal instincts.

For example a company or a nations hordes diamonds people are manipulated to believe diamonds are rare that they are worth a great deal, they are "priced" well beyond 99% of the populations ability to afford them, meanwhile those that have them gain "control" by having them, flaunting them, people will pay... 3 months salary to be worthy of being married, women will envy those that have bigger diamonds, they will spend the completely fake money...the stuff that doesn't actual exist in order to have one too all the while giving "power" and "control" to the people who have these worthless things and created the "value" in the first place.

Money however isn't real

It is a symbol of control

It comes from nothing more than perception.

Even when it was hinged to something of alleged value.GOLD, Gold actually has no Value what so ever to anybody at all. It bends easy, useless as a tool until the modern age in computers it was utterly useless junk

But in the hands of the right Manipulator of the psyche it is the most valuable substance there is... Doctors in a modern world will pay 300.00 for a drink with tiny flakes of it because ingesting it will somehow make them better, criminals and bankers and even simple family men and women will suffer their childrens food and education to adorn themselves.

Gold at least is real, but the mind game goes further there is something MORE, Money... Money is worth more than gold and platinum and diamonds all of which are useless lol, but with Money you can have all of these manipulations you desire.

It is a lie a Mind game, a psyche out, a manipulation

Nothing more

The ONLY Thing of value...is HUMAN, People Mine the junk, people grow the food, people cure disease, people build the homes and provide sex and clean houses and cook and invent and write.....etc, etc

SO MONEY IS a MENTAL CONSTRUCT FOR THE CONTROL OF PEOPLE the only actual resource of any value

(now think on Jews and Egyptians and our history and current struggles)

edit on 21-9-2012 by penninja because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
reply to post by alphaskunk

lol, anyone can Wiki...but Wiki is not the truth, for conspiracy researchers, or anyone interested in the real truth of certain "hidden" things.

Come on now....i mean....the origin....???

Let's start here..

Gold and silver do NOT back money anymore. So, WHERE does it come from?
In other words, where does credit come from?

Indeed anyone can wiki and you should have done so. There is nothing mystical about the origin of money. It is all clearly explained in that article.

link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

If I remember right, money is nothing but an IOU, that is why it has "I promise to pay the bearer the sum of" written on it.

Pay what, I do not know.

Excellent! - I agree completely. I think this is a great answer. What backs that promise to pay though?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Oh, you didn't want a physical description of how money is created? Sorry.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Yes, very good answer, I think. But the Fed does not have the right to create money out of thin air, exactly.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

A piece of paper is printed with an image, then that otherwise worthless piece of paper is given a set value.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

This is an excellent philosophical argument for the reality of money, but it really doesn't answer my question I was asking. But I agree you have a great spiritual hold on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused
Oh, you didn't want a physical description of how money is created? Sorry.

No, I think your answer is great. It's correct in the literal sense. but it does not explain the source, exactly, just the method.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065

A piece of paper is printed with an image, then that otherwise worthless piece of paper is given a set value.

This is simplistic and does not explain anything in depth, relating to the source of the creation of it.

If I do not have any money and I want to create some, or the credit....how do I do that? What is the source? What is the source of credit or "value" in the modern age?

THAT is the GRAND question i'm getting to, and nobody has answered it yet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join