It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does MONEY come from?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

No, on the contrary, it's NOT explained in the article at all. If it were, we would all be out there creating our own money. DUH!
Lol

edit on 21-9-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

They shouldn't but they do. The only thing that backs the value of that dollar is the U.S. Government's promise to pay it back. The wording on it is the government's stamp of approval saying they promise that money is good for what you want to purchase with it. The only thing that makes a store owner accept your money in return for goods is the idea that money will be useful for them to buy things and pay bills with.

When that perceived value falls, so does the dollar.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Does all money created have gold or silver to back it?
This is a hint.

Who will nail it?

it's not an impossible question. I'm just looking for someone who has done their homework.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster

Drugs.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoherentlyConfused

They shouldn't but they do. The only thing that backs the value of that dollar is the U.S. Government's promise to pay it back. The wording on it is the government's stamp of approval saying they promise that money is good for what you want to purchase with it. The only thing that makes a store owner accept your money in return for goods is the idea that money will be useful for them to buy things and pay bills with.

When that perceived value falls, so does the dollar.

This answer is good, but it falls short of the explanation. It's the "common" answer for those informed, but not completely. And i'm not insulting you at all, just egging you on to look deeper.

Does the government just decide "hey let's create "x" amount of money today, and it's done via some executive order or something? Because if you answer yes, that is completely incorrect. Don't you think something has to back it up? Can they just create it via thin air? Is that EXACTLY how it works? What is the actual source?

Also, if we are a corporation and no longer a government, can a corporation create unlimited money like the fed does, with no backing?
edit on 21-9-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Drugs.

Vote for best humorous answer.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

How does a dollar come into creation? What is it's source? How does it come into existence? What is it's "Origin"?

You, me and anyone else who becomes a borrower and makes a promise to pay back a loan.

It's origin is from the people as individuals (in a nutshell).

edit on 21-9-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

How does a dollar come into creation? What is it's source? How does it come into existence? What is it's "Origin"?

You, me and anyone else who becomes a borrower and makes a promise to pay back a loan.

It's origin is from the people as individuals.

I think we have a WINNER, here!

All you needed to complete this was the statment that the "SIGNATURE" from the living flesh and blood person, is what creates it, but you are 100% correct. Congratulations!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Not sure what you mean. As far as I know, the U.S. dollar has not been backed by gold and even the coins aren't pure like they used to be, so I would say no, at least our money does not have to be backed by gold. It doesn't really need to be, thought, because it's not what the money is backed by but who is allowed to control it.

Since credit=debt and money is debt, the source of money is our "need" for it. ? No? lol I'm still trying to figure out what you're looking for.

Hey, i typed that before I read the post above mine. Do I get a cookie?

edit on 21-9-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

I'm just trying to help people come to some important realizations. Thanks for your help.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

It's origin is from the people as individuals.

I think we have a WINNER, here!

All you needed to complete this was the statment that the "SIGNATURE" from the living flesh and blood person, is what creates it, but you are 100% correct. Congratulations!

Excellent...

Can I get 200 stars please.

edit on 21-9-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I will say, I think you are schooled well. Not too many people truly understand this, and if there were more who did, we would all be a lot better off. Thank you my brother. You are a star, indeed.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Well, no matter what kind of money system is in use, whether it's worthless fiat paper like we use today, gold or the barter system, people will always have a need for some kind of trading system. We are overboard today in what we think we need, and we're mostly full of wants, but the concept of having money is the same as it was before electricity, indoor plumbing and all the fun gadgets we use. People still had to eat and not everyone was a farmer. To think this is some kind of realization we needed to come to isn't really relevant because even if we used the barter system to trade goods, the answer would still be the same.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Well, no matter what kind of money system is in use, whether it's worthless fiat paper like we use today, gold or the barter system, people will always have a need for some kind of trading system. We are overboard today in what we think we need, and we're mostly full of wants, but the concept of having money is the same as it was before electricity, indoor plumbing and all the fun gadgets we use. People still had to eat and not everyone was a farmer. To think this is some kind of realization we needed to come to isn't really relevant because even if we used the barter system to trade goods, the answer would still be the same.

Well, you are 100% correct in the technical sense, but not the literal sense, I was looking for with my question.
Yes, I agree completely with what you are saying, but I was speaking to the system as we have it in place today, not what our ancestors were used to dealing with. I told you, you are spot on, with what you said, in my opinion. It was just not 100% on target to what I was speaking to. What is important is that we all understand what money is, and the illusion it creates, on ALL levels, of which you spoke of one of them. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Also, I would say you were speaking to the idea in Modern Money Mechanics and I was speaking to the Law in regards in regards to mercantile laws and commerce in general. So no real difference, but the Fed draws their corporation credits from ledger entries, but ultimately, those ledger entries are backed by flesh and blood signatures somewhere.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

go to the bank of england with a 5 pound note and request they redeme it - i have always been curious to know what you would get in return

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by woogleuk

go to the bank of england with a 5 pound note and request they redeme it - i have always been curious to know what you would get in return

A five pound note?

The main problem in our society is the fact that we borrow other people's credit, instead of creating our own.
Why do we not create our own? Because they try to arrest us for fraud, because the banksters have a monopoly imposed by FORCE to keep us borrowing from them. The Montana Freemen were the first to create trillions of dollars in credit the same way as the Fed does, and they jailed them for LIFE! - They had PROPER liens filed worth 17 TRILLION DOLLARS, ALL LEGAL, and based on proper paperwork, and the government with FORCE and NO LAW, had them all kidnapped against their will, held in jail, against their will, and given a trial, without their presence. All this because they offered to pay off the national debt with their 17 trillion dollars!

YES, this is what they were trying to do!
All this is in evidence.

So, what we are up against is a CRIMINAL BAKING ELITE, who will JAIL and KILL to keep their place on the ladder of financial domination and FORCED BORROWING.....
But the truth is,

It's ALL ILLEGAL, for them to impose their will on us, and force us to borrow THEIR CREDIT, and we can do the same thing LEGALLY, as they do!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
"Where does MONEY come from?"

Easiest answer is that it comes from the mind of Man, its a control construct, designed to keep in place there pyramid system(Class system). Crap rolls down hill, Money rolls up hill.
edit on 21-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
"Where does MONEY come from?"

Easiest answer is that it comes from the mind of Man, its a control construct, designed to keep in place there pyramid system(Class system).

Yes, but be challenged...this is simplistic, and does not solve problems for us all. There is so much more to it. Learn about it, and help save us all. You are a part of the solution.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

"Yes, but be challenged...this is simplistic,"

The best confidence scams always are im afraid.

"and does not solve problems for us all."

I totaly agree.

"There is so much more to it. Learn about it, and help save us all."

There is no redemption for us as long as currency controls the driving force of humanity.

"You are a part of the solution."

And also part of the problem, you see its circulular, they have us by the balls since birth, and "they" dont let go till the end!

edit on 21-9-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join