It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart EPIC takedown of Fox News & Sean Hannity

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Truth is, I still find it funny that people think it matters whether they vote one way or another. Sorry guys, but do you honestly think they anyone in power wants someone who won't tow their line? Gimme a break. Obama or Romney, you're screwed no matter what.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Jon Stewart is just a partisan commedian. He takes the right to task, but totally ignores the bull crap that the left spews. I never understood why people get all excited ober Jon Stewart. Talented commedian?? Yes. But he's definately not a crusader for truth or anything. He's a left wing shill.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Jon Stewart is just a partisan commedian. He takes the right to task, but totally ignores the bull crap that the left spews. I never understood why people get all excited ober Jon Stewart. Talented commedian?? Yes. But he's definately not a crusader for truth or anything. He's a left wing shill.

Of course that's not true.

I have seen him, on many many occasions, skewer the left... it's just that the right is a much bigger joke.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

I have seen him, on many many occasions, skewer the left... it's just that the right is a much bigger joke.

I find this post just a tad amusing. It's amusing because the real truth is that both sides of the two party system are a joke. Each are corrupt and neither side is really in reality worse and/or better than the other. It's why I never understood being partisan.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

I find this post just a tad amusing. It's amusing because the real truth is that both sides of the two party system are a joke. Each are corrupt and neither side is really in reality worse and/or better than the other. It's why I never understood being partisan.

I never said they weren't, simply that, right now, the right in America is infinitely more of a joke than the left.

Even the right admits that Romney is a massive joke. Their spokespeople in the media, Limbaugh, Fox News, Sarah Palin, et al., are painfully and obviously dimwitted and hyper partisan...

Now, the left has plenty of problem, but nothing compared to the GOP...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

OMG that was funny. Thanks for the morning laugh.

the real truth is that both sides of the two party system are a joke. Each are corrupt and neither side is really in reality worse and/or better than the other. It's why I never understood being partisan.

EXACTLY. Obama/Romney = same/same. Same corruption, lies, rhetoric.
Nancy Pelosi/Newt Gingrich = same/same.
Sarah Palin/Ellen Barkin = same/same.
Left wing race baiter Al Sharpton = Right wing loudmouth Rush Limbaugh. Same/same.
Obama shill machine MSNBC = Right wing FOX. Same/same.
Far left Code Pink whackos = Far right Westboro Baptist Church whackos. Same/same.
Far left Occupy Wall Street/Far right Tea Party.
Both started out good .. both got hijacked by others. Same/same.

The left screams at the right not to push their 'moral values' on others (anti-gay marriage, pro life, etc) .. but then they turn around and say it's immoral for people to make a lot of money and not hand it over to the government in huge taxes.

The left screams at the right to stay out of their womb and out of their bedroom, but then the left turns around and pushes pro-gay literature and hard core sex education on public grade school children.

To say one side is worse than the other ...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Originally posted by Monger
Everything PvtHudson posts is so vitriolic and hateful, is it any shock that those of his particular political ilk are so discontented? They're just miserable people.

He's watched too much Glenn Beck

1. Not a conservative
2. Dont watch Glenn Beck (or any cable, since I canceled it a year ago)
3. I'm not hateful

Pointing out the hypocrisy of you, your media and your politicians is not hateful. You just have no other recourse but to demonize me. How ironic that you guys broadly generalize and attack while wringing your hands about being hateful. You're so hopelessly deluded its scary.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

This just isn't true. it's like when Rush Limbaugh goes after Republicans every now and then as a token gesture. It's like when Fox News does the same thing. I highly doubt you find THOSE sources to be fair? Stewart takes token jabs at the left every so often so deluded people like yourself will believe he's not as partisan and untrustworthy as the rest of the media.

HE IS.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

This just isn't true. it's like when Rush Limbaugh goes after Republicans every now and then as a token gesture. It's like when Fox News does the same thing. I highly doubt you find THOSE sources to be fair? Stewart takes token jabs at the left every so often so deluded people like yourself will believe he's not as partisan and untrustworthy as the rest of the media.

HE IS.

I never said he wasn't partisan, he obviously is, but he's not the same as fox news... he genuinely dislikes a lot about Democrats, especially the way they campaign and their warmongering... he hates the way they endless cave on tax cuts... and hates their education policies... if you watched him you'd know that...

On the other hand, Limbaugh publicly called for someone to try and assassinate Clinton... he mocks handicapped people and guess what, was a drug addict while at the same time calling for stiff penalties for drug addicts...

They may be similar, but they aint the same... degrees of crappiness matter in a world where no one is perfect.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

OMG that was funny. Thanks for the morning laugh.

the real truth is that both sides of the two party system are a joke. Each are corrupt and neither side is really in reality worse and/or better than the other. It's why I never understood being partisan.

EXACTLY. Obama/Romney = same/same. Same corruption, lies, rhetoric.
Nancy Pelosi/Newt Gingrich = same/same.
Sarah Palin/Ellen Barkin = same/same.
Left wing race baiter Al Sharpton = Right wing loudmouth Rush Limbaugh. Same/same.
Obama shill machine MSNBC = Right wing FOX. Same/same.
Far left Code Pink whackos = Far right Westboro Baptist Church whackos. Same/same.
Far left Occupy Wall Street/Far right Tea Party.
Both started out good .. both got hijacked by others. Same/same.

The left screams at the right not to push their 'moral values' on others (anti-gay marriage, pro life, etc) .. but then they turn around and say it's immoral for people to make a lot of money and not hand it over to the government in huge taxes.

The left screams at the right to stay out of their womb and out of their bedroom, but then the left turns around and pushes pro-gay literature and hard core sex education on public grade school children.

To say one side is worse than the other ...

You simply misunderstand the world around you.

The left is trying to create, ideally, the most level playing field possible... to lift people out of poverty, not through dependency, but by helping people stand on their own and compete...

Whether that's by allowing them to marry, not be victimised by the 1%, etc.

The idea, as well, that anyone is pushing hard core sex education on kids is just a fever dream of the right... and you know what, anything that's not aggressively anti-gay, will be seen as pro-gay by the right... very little sane people can do about that...

Am I surprised by your attitudes? No.

Why?

To quote Rick Santorum:

"Smart people will never support the GOP".

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Foxnews viewers are easily some of the least intelligent members of our society.

IQ tests need to be a mandatory part of the voting process - for voters and candidates alike

Stupidity is a legitimate impairment - we don't allow blind people to drive, we shouldn't let idiots vote.

Have an IQ less than 90? Sorry, but I don't want you having a say in my government.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I.Q. less than 90? There will hardly be anyone in the USA left to vote. The average I.Q. isn't even nearly that high in USA.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
A lot of people are here saying that Stewart is as bad as FOX, he isn't. You know why he isn't? He is a COMEDIAN and not part of the media, his show is on bloody Comedy Central! FOX is a news organization and they are supposed to be held to these standards with their news broadcasts, their slogan is "fair and balanced", they are far from it. So saying that Stewart is biased is not an argument for any of it, the day he starts broadcasting the news it is, but not now.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yes, he does a satire news show. Fault lies with the people whom take his show too seriously or base their political views on it. The larger problem is that both candidates are funded out of the same pockets, so it matters little who gets elected.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That was interesting discussion. What would happen then?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

HE IS.

The Daily Show is a COMEDY show hosted by Jon Stewart a COMEDIAN on the cable channel called COMEDY Central.

If a comedian is able to expose and ridicule the Republican party the way Jon Stewart does, that should be enough to make you reconsider your political affiliations.

edit on 9/24/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

HE IS.

The Daily Show is a COMEDY show hosted by Jon Stewart a COMEDIAN on the cable channel called COMEDY Central.

If a comedian is able to expose and ridicule the Republican party the way Jon Stewart does, that should be enough to make you reconsider your political affiliations.

Indeed, he simply supplies the punch line most of the time...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
As a comedian, Jon Stewart will use any comedic material he can. He just seems to find more examples of absurdity in republicans, but that could change at anytime. Look at the absurdity FOX News provides. It sucks that there is so much retarded material on the Right but that's just the game they are playing right now pandering to religion and the super rich. If they were to stop pandering to the religious, stop all the crazy retarded level hypocrisy he would have a lot less material to work with. Look at the 8 years of absurd fear and terrorism the Bush administration provided. Get rid of FOX News or change their dumb as rocks formula and Stewart may have less to draw from.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You must be one of the people who believes the MSM, and in general OBama's News is "fair and balanced"...

Must be your low iq talking...

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Steward is just a LEFTWINGER, which is why he spins, exagerates and even lies through his teeth to get the dumbed down masses to vote/become Demorats...

edit on 24-9-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Steward is just a LEFTWINGER, which is why he spins, exagerates and even lies through his teeth to get the dumbed down masses to vote/become Demorats...

edit on 24-9-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

care to point out the "spin" and "lies" in the video the OP is discussing? Or are you just doing some turd containment?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join