It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters on Hispanic Television Interview

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Romney 'Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters on Hispanic Television Interview

Mitt Romney is showing his true colors now - and by true colors, I mean the fake brown one he slapped on his face to appeal to Latino voters during his Univision interview!

His normal appearance:

Side by side comparison:

Democratic Underground caught Mitt's appearance on Univision for a television interview, in which he clearly DYED HIS FACE BROWN in some pathetic attempt to appear more Latino.

From Gawker:
Mitt Romney ‘Dyed His Face Brown’ to Appeal to Latino Voters

Mitt Romney currently trails President Obama among registered Latino voters by nearly 40%, and getting caught saying things like "it would be helpful to be Latino" certainly isn't helping.

But has it gotten so bad that Romney is now resorting to "brownface" in order to make himself more appealing to Univision viewers? Democratic Underground has looked at the photo above from last night's "presidential forum" and concluded that, yes, Romney definitely "dyed his face brown."

Original Source:
Mitt Romney dyed his face brown for his Univision interview - 'Real Photo'

Other sources:
Has 'Mexican Mitt' Romney Fake Tanned For Spanish-Language TV Channel Univision? (PICTURES)

In case you think the photos are faked, here is the video of the Univision interview:

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's called a spray tan....

This is one of the most absurd statements I have ever seen.

edit on 20-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The only thing sadder than the fact that Americans only have two choices for president, is that Romney is one of them.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Whether the accusations are true or not....Dude looks like an "Oompa Loompa"

www.waggletravel.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 20-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks more like he's going after the Oompa Loompa vote!

Dang captaintyinknots! You beat me!
Great Minds Eh?

edit on 20-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Does anyone think that Latinos are so stupid that they would be swayed by a fake tan?
I think Romney is smart enough to know that too. I sincerely doubt that he intended to appeal to them using poorly applied makeup.

+1 more 
link   
And Obama talks ghetto to appeal to the black voters so what?

link   
Mitt and Snooki have been hanging out to much lately.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That looks...HILARIOUS.

He's been watching too much Jersey Shore. Doesn't surprise me though, they're all just as stupid as he is.

Originally posted by JValhalla
Mitt and Snooki have been hanging out to much lately.

Haha, nice!
edit on 20-9-2012 by MmmPie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

reply to post by tvtexan

At this point, the "Oompa Loompa" vote might be the only voting block Mitt Romney has left.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Either that, or he was trying to appeal to the oompa loompas voters

or the Jersey shore voters

OR he is just trying to be more like John Boehner

Seriously though, just when I thought Mittens could not get any more pathetic, I'm once again proven wrong. Hispanics should feel offended by this. What's next, is Mittens going black-face at a NAACP rally?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Urgh, a little heavy on the bronzer there mitt. His MUA could have at least tried Make up forever or MAC. Those brands are a lot less orange. And of course, here is the rule of bronzing: Never more than two shades darker than your natural skin tone. Foundations is actually better for darkening one's skin, bronzer is really just ti bring warmth to the face.

Free makeup lesson, Mitt needs to fire his Makeup-artist stat!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My thoughts?

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Spray tan fail.

Poor Mitt.

He should just fire his whole campaign staff, I'm sure he'd do a better job all by his lonesome.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

oh man. thats a good one. I take it you miss the 150 new grasping at straws obama threads that pop up on here daily?

thats all I can say about that comment.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

He does have quite the orange glow doesn't he? I am concerned about my choices in the next election, especially when one of the choices appears to be Thurston Howell III.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't support Romney or Obama but LOL.

Seriously hope that he didn't actually do this for reasons stated. And did no one in his camp think to mention that he's orange? That's as bad as letting someone go on air and neglecting to tell them they have spinach in their teeth.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why does everyone assume that all Latinos are brown?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Are we sure this isn't a lighting issue or something?

I can't begin to believe that someone in the Romney camp actually thought it was a good idea to darken his skin. Not to mention, it looks completely fake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join