It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members with gold and silver borders...do you care?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Do you pay more attention if a member has a gold or silver border? Does it effect the way you view his or her post?

I'm just curious...personally I think it does.

Also, do you follow these special members? Seems like some of them have almost "fan clubs."

I wonder sometimes if a topic is posted by a gold/silver member versus if the same topic is posted by a "normal" member...the former would get more replies/stars/flags even if the content is exactly the same? I think so.

It's an interesting psychology.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What are gold/silver borders and who has them and why....?
edit on 20-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
What are gold/silver borders and who has them and why....?

You and I have no border around our posts but some members do.

For example, look at this thread. The first post has a gold border. The second post does not. This means the first poster is "special.":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some have gold, some have silver. Gold is higher status than silver. In the thread I linked to above, the third post is silver.

It has to do with how popular the poster is. The fifty top posters on ATS have gold. You can see a list of them here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-9-2012 by KarensHoliday because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KarensHoliday

Ah, I think I have seen those now that you mention it. And I guess that gives you my opinion regarding your question.

Is "top poster" about the number of posts, or the number of stars?
Because number of posts doesn't mean anything, and when it comes to the stars, I've learnt that in general,the more ridiculous of a conspiracy theory, the more stars that OP gets.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Its based on how often you get starred and flagged I think, plus some other factors. I'm not sure. It has to do with the numbers below our user names somehow. Very complicated!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Sorry, I think we got a bit unsynched, as we both seemed to be editing our posts..

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I won't be no gold digger, you have to earn your stars from me (unless your Phage)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I will invite you here for the answers to questions: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not my thread and I don't know the poster, but it seems like good info.

Your avatar tweaked my eyes. Well done

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Oh, thanks!

Thats good info...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I've never even noticed...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I've never even noticed...

Once its seen it can't be unseen!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Regarding the star-hunt, I often see people either say "Star and Flag for you" or "S&F", I can't see any reason why one would say that, if it wasn't for receiving that as a "thanks" back?

Also, what is a "flag"?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
Regarding the star-hunt, I often see people either say "Star and Flag for you" or "S&F", I can't see any reason why one would say that, if it wasn't for receiving that as a "thanks" back?

Also, what is a "flag"?

You can flag a thread at the top or bottom of the page, it means you like the thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here's what I think. "I wish had that much time to kill"

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Even though it's possible to star the OP as well, there needs to be flags too?
Oh well.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think its similar to saying that poor people can't be intelligent. Having a gold border just means that someone has spent an awful long time writing posts, it doesn't mean that they are 'better' or have all the best answers. I have read good posts from people with no border or many stars or whatever that were very clever and to the point. As a matter of fact I also have never paid attention to borders [will now].
Whilst I like giving stars when I agree with someone, that is all there is to me. I don't even know how many I have got without checking. To feel 'special' because of it is quite an embarrassing thought. If I were ever to get get a gold border I'd feel uncomfortable.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think if you would really like to know what the borders mean, you can go to the members threads and see what was written. Many people have this due to their contribution only. I have seen people have a gold border after only being a member here for a year.

I think that its a nice way to thank those members that contribute quality threads to ATS.

If you ask most members that have this border (including myself) we dont really care that much, but we do enjoy knowing that we have shared with ATS and they thanked us with stars and flags

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I worked hard for that gold border. Do you have any idea how much nothing-but-posting on ATS I had to do to get there?

Hard work I tell ya!

go to www.abovetopsecret.com... to see what gild and silver lining means.
edit on 20-9-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
I think its similar to saying that poor people can't be intelligent. Having a gold border just means that someone has spent an awful long time writing posts, it doesn't mean that they are 'better' or have all the best answers. I have read good posts from people with no border or many stars or whatever that were very clever and to the point. As a matter of fact I also have never paid attention to borders [will now].
Whilst I like giving stars when I agree with someone, that is all there is to me. I don't even know how many I have got without checking. To feel 'special' because of it is quite an embarrassing thought. If I were ever to get get a gold border I'd feel uncomfortable.

All it really means is the gold borders go to FEMA camps first, then the silver, and so on....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Seriously, I never noticed it before. How observant am I????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join