It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The identity of Jesus' wife is..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Him not calling himself out seems to show some kind of intelligence.

You don't deceive people if you are stupid or retarded, especially on the scale on which you believe he deceives.

That's why we are admonished not to be ignorant of his devices. 6,000 years later his m.o. hasn't changed 1 bit.

1. Cast doubt on God's Word.
2. Reject God's Word.
3. Tempt man to sin.

Same as it was in the garden.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

Where exactly in that verse does it say that the church is the bride of Jesus? I don't even see the word church.

Paul says that the church is the bride but Paul also killed followers of Jesus before his "conversion" so he's not very reliable in my opinion.

Paul said the Church is the Bride AFTER his conversion. If he said it before the conversion then it would not be reliable or that he just promoted genocide of Christians.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Him not calling himself out seems to show some kind of intelligence.

You don't deceive people if you are stupid or retarded, especially on the scale on which you believe he deceives.

That's why we are admonished not to be ignorant of his devices. 6,000 years later his m.o. hasn't changed 1 bit.

2. Reject God's Word.
3. Tempt man to sin.

Same as it was in the garden.

NotUrTypical, I think you just posited a predictable pattern. If we see historically this pattern has been employed, then it stands to reason that future events are predictable. Wait a minute, isn't that prophetic understanding?

Make them think a little bit. Apparently they haven't noticed patterns. But of course, they believe in randomness. The enlightened mind is able to grasp ideas beyond the random.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Why did Jesus call him Satan in the first place? Did he mistakenly call him that or what?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Enlightenment doesn't come by having one ideology rammed down your throat your whole life, it comes naturally through yourself. The only way to reach enlightenment is to look within yourself, not some guy who lived 2,000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Why did Jesus call him Satan in the first place? Did he mistakenly call him that or what?

Because God's will was for His Son to die the next day to male atonement for mankind's sin. Peter was telling the Lord they wouldn't let that (His death) happen, thus trying to thwart the will of God.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

reply to post by WarminIndy

Enlightenment doesn't come by having one ideology rammed down your throat your whole life, it comes naturally through yourself. The only way to reach enlightenment is to look within yourself, not some guy who lived 2,000 years ago.

True, but I don't really know of anyone who has one ideology rammed down their throat their entire life. Maybe kids who get abandoned at monestaries and grow up as monks maybe.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

Where exactly in that verse does it say that the church is the bride of Jesus? I don't even see the word church.

I too would like that question answered, especially as the root origin for the word "church" is "Circe," a Greek Goddess.

But wait a minute, the Greeks wrote the first NT, didn't they? Stands to reason that would use one of their favorite Goddesses.

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Sorry to rain on the parade of those trying to rub this in the face of believers, but I am merely a servant of truth and wish nothing more but to bring an understanding to people who have questions and doubts, though I do not know everything, I admit.

No, you do not. You are a big man for admitting that, some cannot you know. I also know this is because of the recent find that suggests Jesus had a wife, and you think this is just wrong. Right? Well, let's face it, the lies of the Church are being exposed, one by one, more and more of late. Best think you can do is set your mind to seeking, and look further than your magick book. There is a world of knowledge out there, best viewed without the Christian filter. And saying you are a servant of truth is a misnomer, "truth" is a subjective thing, not a "person," and as such, only a "person" can be a "Lord," or a "Master." So, to be a "Servant" you need a person to own you. You are not a slave, are you?

All words have meaning, you just can't make up meanings for them. A final thought on the matter, a quote:

"Truth is beyond social acceptance. Truth is maladjusted and cannot fit into the massively dumb patterns of ordinary relationships and activities. ... Greater truth cannot come to those who never bring up the possibility of it to one another. ... People do not inquire beyond their knowledge because they do not want to have any disturbing shift in their knowledge pattern. The cognitive system is calm and stable through avoiding any disturbing new truth" (Gabriel Chiron, "Truth is Greater Than Man").
www.absolutoracle.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

2. Reject God's Word.
3. Tempt man to sin.

1. where exactly is "God's Word" written down by him for us to read?

2. How can anyone "reject" a thing that does not exist in the first place?

3. How does what anyone does, says, or thinks "tempts man to sin." We have been over the origin of Sin, NYT, did you forget Sin was a Babylonian God, a proper name, not a verb?

Sin (mythology)

Sin(Akkadian: Su'en, Sîn) or Nanna (Sumerian: DŠEŠ.KI, DNANNA) was the god of the moon in Mesopotamian mythology. Nanna is a Sumerian deity, the son of Enlil and Ninlil, and became identified with Semitic Sin. The two chief seats of Nanna's/Sin's worship were Ur in the south of Mesopotamia and Harran in the north.
Wiki Source
Sin

Impression of the cylinder seal of Ḫašḫamer, ensi (high priest) of Sin at Iškun-Sin ca. 2100 BC. The seated figure is probably king Ur-Nammu, bestowing the governorship on Ḫašḫamer, who is led before him by a lamma (protective goddess). Sin/Nanna himself is present in the form of a crescent. Wiki Source

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You still didn't answer my question. Why did Jesus call Peter Satan, I don't care what happens a day or two later, why did he call Peter Satan at that moment?

Did he say it mistakenly? If he was mistaken then he could not have been god in the flesh because god never makes mistakes.

Again, why in that moment did Jesus call Peter Satan?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You still didn't answer my question. Why did Jesus call Peter Satan, I don't care what happens a day or two later, why did he call Peter Satan at that moment?

Did he say it mistakenly? If he was mistaken then he could not have been god in the flesh because god never makes mistakes.

Again, why in that moment did Jesus call Peter Satan?

Because Peter was trying to get Him to not do the will of His Father. (Rebel against the known will of God)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You obviously weren't raised in a christian home then.

All hardcore Christians raise their kids to believe in Jesus and the devil and make them believe that a place called hell really does exist. They tell them that if they don't believe in Jesus that they will go to hell and burn for eternity.

Hell alone scares them into believing the lie and the fear of hell makes them throw out reason and logic when it's presented to them later in life. No matter what, their fear of hell overrides their logic when talking on the subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Auto my friend you claim some out of this world stuff aswell and claim things in what you write as truth and I feel that you long for believers to follow the inspiration that u say was handed and encoded into u. Those are your words and your beliefs you place on those you wish to teach and with that being said your beliefs are a fairy tale aswell in they way you put things on someone else's beliefs. The things they post now about Jesus are only ways to distract and keep your eyes offJesus and find fault in God, those are the things that test your faith.
edit on 20-9-2012 by WarriorOfLight96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea well Paul was D-BAG.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Why would Jesus call him Satan then later reinstate him? Jesus could never make a mistake since he was god, so him calling Peter Satan wasn't a mistake?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

1. The Tenackh and the NT.
2. Prejudicial arbitrary conjecture.
3. We aren't in ancient Babylon speaking Chaldean, in English "sin" is a verb.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You obviously weren't raised in a christian home then.

Just Christians? What about Muslims? And children go to school and have secular humanism and Evolution "pounded" into their heads from K-12. So you can't claim only "one" worldview, that's inaccurate.

All hardcore Christians raise their kids to believe in Jesus and the devil and make them believe that a place called hell really does exist. They tell them that if they don't believe in Jesus that they will go to hell and burn for eternity.

Atheist historians believe in Jesus of Nazareth. And not sure what you mean by "hardcore"? Those things were the same things Jesus talked about, in fact there are more verses about Him talking about Hell than Heaven. Do you call Christians that aren't apostates "hardcore"?? To be not considered "hardcore" should we just be church attenders who go through the motions but have no belief? Your statement was quite odd really.

Hell alone scares them into believing the lie and the fear of hell makes them throw out reason and logic when it's presented to them later in life. No matter what, their fear of hell overrides their logic when talking on the subject.

I've been trained in classic logic and reason, I'm a Christian. And btw, Hell scares people because it's a scary place! That's the point, it's a place created to eternally punish fallen angels.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Why would Jesus call him Satan then later reinstate him? Jesus could never make a mistake since he was god, so him calling Peter Satan wasn't a mistake?

I don't think you are reading what I post. I think you are just scanning quickly to find something to criticize and not reading completely for full context. I never said Christ made a mistake. Peter was suggesting Christ ignore the will of His Father and not die on the cross for the atonement of man's sin. Peter was advocating the will of satan.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Satan was trying to get Peter to stop Jesus from sacrificing Himself. Jesus was talking directly to the "influence" (Satan). Satan knew that if Jesus died on that cross it was game over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join