The identity of Jesus' wife is..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Matthew 7:6

Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.

I think the OP did a fairly good job explaining the possible meaning behind the recent "wife" finding.
Marriage is supposed to be an image of Christ(husband) and the body of believers(wife).

Ephesians 5:22-32

Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands. Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church, because we are members of his body. “Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This mystery is profound, and I am saying that it refers to Christ and the church. However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

I don't believe Jesus had a wife, but there will be people to stand on both sides of the issue.

1 Cor. 7:1-2

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

Jesus didn't struggle with immorality, so I don't see a need for him to marry.
Regardless, the message of the Gospel remains untouched and that's what truly matters.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Muslims are just as guilty, I never denied that.

I believe Jesus lived, I've stated that many times, what I don't believe is that you need to believe he died on the cross to get into heaven. That is a concept invented by the church in order to turn people into their slaves and make those slaves believe that the church has some kind of authority and that they should donate to them.

Jesus never said anything about salvation or faith. He even said the only true religion was helping your neighbor when they were in need. Christianity is a false religion by Jesus' own words, or will you deny that as well?

And you don't think this place that Jesus was talking about was somehow distorted into meaning something completely different?

So you agree that hell is a scary place. Now why can't you grasp the fact that religion uses this scary place to keep its followers ignorant?

They placed Jesus on an unreachable pedestal in order to make people doubt themselves then told those same people that they were born sinners and that sinners go to hell. They then tell those people that in order to stay away from hell they must believe some guy died on the cross. The people lap it up because who wants to burn for eternity?

You accepting that you could never be like Jesus is putting doubt in yourself and that is what the church wants. Someone who doubts themselves is easily manipulated. The truth is we can ALL reach as high as Jesus did if only we try. You accepting Jesus as your savior and getting on your knees is not trying.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It wasn't invented by the church, it has been proclaimed by the church. Isaiah was the first to say that all our sin would be upon Christ, and Christ proclaimed the same long before the Ekklesia was ever instituted at Pentecost. And people who are redeemed have no fear of Hell, Christ died to free people from that eternal judgment. They only people who fear Hell are people on the road to it.

edit on 20-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

That calls into question the need to reinstate Peter into the ministry because if that wasn't Peter saying those things but Satan then why would Peter need to be reinstated? If that was Satan then there would be no need to kick Peter out, yet he did get kicked out.

The fact is Jesus called Peter Satan then went on to say he had his mind set on the things of man. That brings up another question, why would Satan have the things of man set on his mind unless he actually is man?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hell isn't a motivator to a true Christian. Granted, it can be used to motivate or manipulate those with little faith or understanding, but the whole crux of Christianity is sacrificial atonement.

Christianity isn't, "follow these rules or you will burn in hell."
it's, "You are no longer guilty of your sins yesterday, today, or tomorrow."
Christianity is liberation, freedom.
Thankfulness is the natural extension of being forgiven, and recognition of your need for forgiveness sets you on the path of sanctification. That is, to be more like Christ and find his values worthwhile.

The law isn't meant to keep a person down and condemn them to Hell, it's to show the need for forgiveness. After you have been forgiven, the law and hell have no hold over you.

It really is a wonderful thing, but nonbelievers get turned off by the false idea that it's all about following the rules.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Did Jesus ever say it though? This whole topic is about Jesus and what he supposedly meant.

Are you taking the word of man over the word of god himself? Jesus never said anything about salvation or faith so you believing in the two because the church proclaimed it means you take their word over gods word.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

But don't you need to follow the rules to be forgiven? Or can you not follow the rules and still be forgiven? If that's the case why are there rules in the first place?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No one is capable of following the rules. Christ was the sacrificial lamb that took the wrath of God intended for me(and all believers). No Christian will ever be perfect in this life, and they will continue to break the law. However, I am covered and God looks on me as if I had never broken the law.

God gave us his laws so that we will see our need for Christ. Just like how you can't feed someone who doesn't feel hungry. In that way, I don't see his law as a hindrance or burden, but as a tool for humility. I can't keep the law, so I need a blameless sacrifice to cover me so that I may be forgiven.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Did Jesus ever say it though? This whole topic is about Jesus and what he supposedly meant.

Are you taking the word of man over the word of god himself? Jesus never said anything about salvation or faith so you believing in the two because the church proclaimed it means you take their word over gods word.

Read everything Christ said in John 6

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the most educated "bible scholars" in the world, at best, can only give you their interpretation of what the bible says so you're left to decide for yourself what to believe or not but let me tell you this much.. without an open mind you could be harming yourself in the long run. Jesus is divine yes but he was also a mortal man given to us because God saw we couldn't abide by his rules, we can thank free will for that and Jesus had to die for us but as mortal he had mortal feelings why is it so hard to accept this? i'm not saying you're wrong and it's very possible i'm wrong but without an open mind we're just playing into the hands that control us spiritually. when Jesus told Peter "upon this rock i build my church" he didn't say "upon this rock i build my wife". i wish we could tho i'd put together a sweet wife on amazon asap!! haha new tho not used aHa

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's not all about following the rules but if you don't follow the rules you go to hell right? That's TOTALLY not a contradiction, at all.

Also, where does Jesus ever state that he is a sacrificial lamb and that you need to believe he died for our sins to reach heaven? The fact is he never said any of the stuff that you just mentioned, Paul is the one who said that stuff.

Are you taking a murderers word for it? He's one of the people that put Jesus to death so how can you be so sure he is telling the truth about his vision from Jesus?
edit on 20-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Jesus speaking on faith....

Matthew 6:30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Matthew 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Matthew 8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

Matthew 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Matthew 9:22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Mark 4:40 And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

Luke 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Care to say again Jesus never mentioned faith or salvation?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You took my question out of context, sorry if I didn't specify clearly enough. Where does Jesus mention you must have faith in him and that you only reach salvation through believing he died on the cross?

None of those verses mention either of those two points.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

It's not all about following the rules but if you don't follow the rules you go to hell right? That's TOTALLY not a contradiction, at all.

Also, where does Jesus ever state that he is a sacrificial lamb and that you need to believe he died for our sins to reach heaven? The fact is he never said any of the stuff that you just mentioned, Paul is the one who said that stuff.

Are you taking a murderers word for it? He's one of the people that put Jesus to death so how can you be so sure he is telling the truth about his vision from Jesus?

Matthew 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples, 2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified.

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. 6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. 7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee. 8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

There are simply too many passages from the Old Testament to post here. What was the work He was sent to do, and Who sent Him? Was it just to be a nice guy walking around saying nice things? Jesus said Himself He was going to be crucified, three days before it happened.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I don't see anything in those verses stating you must believe he died and was resurrected. He taught nothing about believing he died, he taught to believe what he said and he said nothing about believing he died.

You have yet to reference anything from Jesus saying to believe he died on the cross. Could it be because he never said anything about it?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

You took my question out of context, sorry if I didn't specify clearly enough. Where does Jesus mention you must have faith in him and that you only reach salvation through believing he died on the cross?

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

Believest THOU this? Do you believe it?

John 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

John 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die. 34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? 35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. 36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. 37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

Do we need to back through Isaiah?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

If you don't follow the rules you get punished. That's why Christ's sacrifice and Resurrection was necessary. Once you accept that FREE gift then the law has no hold on you because you are "made white as snow." Your price has been paid. No contradiction.

For all your claims of biblical scholarship and knowing exactly what Jesus said, you are still blind. There is a line between curious ignorance and intentional obstinance. The difference being humility, which is lacking these days.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? 27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

We are all resurrected through reincarnation, we all have eternal life just as Jesus did. I am the resurrection and so are you. We have all been resurrected, that is what Jesus was trying to say, except the message was perverted by the church, a.k.a. the antichrist, the one that speaks sweet words yet is lying all the while.

Jesus uses phrases like "born again" and "resurrected" which both apply to reincarnation so how can you say that is not what he meant?

Believest THOU this? Do you believe it?

Yes I do believe it, just in a different way than you. Jesus is one of us, he just remembers who he is. Religion steals that knowledge from many of us and profits off of our fears. Jesus was trying to say that there is no need to fear death because you will have life after. It doesn't matter what your beliefs are.

Without fear those in power cannot manipulate us and they know that so they create the fear, they make-up a place like hell then alter the truth every time someone like Jesus comes along. That is why Jesus was murdered, because he was spreading the truth that we all have eternal life and if we just lived the way he lived then there would be no place like Earth.

Earth is the real hell, not some place where you burn for eternity.

John 11:40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

John 12:30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. 31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

If I go out to a mountaintop and look at the beauty of mother nature and Earth, I am seeing the glory of god. We are the ones experiencing ourselves and we "see" the glory of god literally because we are the ones seeing and experiencing this world.

Satan is called the "prince" of Hades, the new "prince" took over the world once Jesus died. The prince is the church and religion as a whole. They teach unnatural things and completely pollute the truth for most of Earths population.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die. 34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? 35 Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.

We all abide forever and we are the children of light because we perceive light and what it uncovers. We only live this life for a little while and if we focus on who we are we will never walk in darkness.

Just as we never "experience" sleep, we never "experience" death because we are always alive and perceiving life and the world we live in. Even after death you are "born again" from your new mothers womb.

36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them. 37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him: 38 That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? 39 Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, 40 He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. 41 These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.

The church and what it has taught is what blinds your eyes and hardens your heart, you refuse to budge even at the expense of logic and reasoning. Follow your heart, emphasis on YOU.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So not following the rules gets you punishment yet it's not all about the rules? Tell me how that works. The gift is not free if you have to give up logic and reason in order to obtain it.

Imagine someone holding a gun to your head and telling you that you can only live if you do whatever they say. In most cases people will do everything that man says in order to stay alive.

That is how I view religion and the stories it tells.

When have I ever claimed to be a biblical scholar? I never said that nor did I imply it. You don't need to be a scholar to look at things logically. The church has taught you how to think illogically and how to ignore reason.

I do know what Jesus said, it is available to anyone who wants to read it. What makes you such a scholar to tell me my interpretation is wrong? Just because what I say goes against the churches interpretation/lie does not mean it is wrong. Your refusal to realize that is your fear of hell controlling you.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

John 14:1-7

“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.” Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”

You harp on how "Jesus never said anything about believing his death and ressurection" yet you espouse reincarnation? Please tell me more about what Jesus said....

Reincarnation is the most unbiblical doctrine you could bring up. Unless you are talking about the resurrection of believers at the end of the age... which I seriously doubt you are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join