It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama polling better than he did this time 4 years ago. Seriously?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Obama, a power grabbing, unconstitutional, pro-war, economy failing president, a complete opposite SCAM of what he promised to be 4 years ago...and Romney is letting him win the polls even worse than McCain in 2008? This is pathetic, I hope you're all happy with Willard Mitthew-I-can't-beat-a-failed-president-Romney.

This is just pathetic. Ol' Willard Mittens needs a miracle to beat Obama

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I can't tell you guys how many articles I've read in the past few days telling Ron Paul supporters to vote for Romney. If they needed us, they wouldn't have cheated. Then again, if they didn't cheat, they might not have put up their establishment puppet as the nominee and lost to Ron Paul.

And of course, we can't have that can we? the central banks and military industrial complex hate change.

edit on 19-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Wait till the Debates.

Romney will embarrass himself and the GOP worse than Palin at a MENSA Meeting.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

They must have changed the page on you. It shows Obama ahead of McCain by 7.6% on Election Day 2008.

It also shows that he's ahead by 2.8% now. Still pretty close. Other polls show Romney ahead by a small bit also.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Yep. They somehow managed to find an even bigger tool than McCain to prop up as a useless effigy of the GOP.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

You'll have to scroll down a bit, thats what I did.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Its due to the weakness of the Republican nominee.

Romney presents no real change. People see no reason to vote for someone who is ideologically identical.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As much as I cannot stand Obama, I dislike Romney even more. After what the GOP did to Ron Paul, they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. (Here's hoping.)

Gary Johnson 2012!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Obama, a power grabbing, unconstitutional, pro-war, economy failing president, a complete opposite SCAM of what he promised to be 4 years ago...and Romney is letting him win the polls even worse than McCain in 2008? This is pathetic, I hope you're all happy with Willard Mitthew-I-can't-beat-a-failed-president-Romney.

Looking at 9/7/2008 through 9/16/2008, McCain was actually ahead by a few points. From what Ive been seeing the past few days, Obama is ahead by more than a few points vs Romney.

At the beginning of this year, I was thinking the Republican candidate would be steadily holding a few point advantage over Obama.....but they decided to choose Romney....In the beginning, I thought this guy was a joke and wouldnt get nominated, but he did. I dont see any enthusiasm behind him. From what I saw earlier in the year, there was plenty of enthusiasm behind Paul and also Herman Cain.

If Cain muscled through that affair thing, I think he would be polling ahead of Obama at the moment. I think Paul would be ahead of Obama at the moment to. I just dont see any excitement behind Romney. Heck, Ive only seen about 2 Romney bumper stickers in the past few months. I still see Paul and also Obama stickers, and even some Libertarian stickers here and there. Considering where I live (Texas), I would of thought there would be a ton of pro-Romney stuff going around here....but there isnt.

ETA - And as for the upcoming debates, I think Obama is going to stomp Romney...even though Obama is gonna suck to.
edit on 19-9-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Republicans provided such poor candidates this year, they seriously have no chance.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Totally agreed. Cain did have a lot of excitement behind him but him dropping out probably meant he was afraid of even more women coming forward and that just kind of baggage just doesn't work.

Volunteering for Ron Paul, I've made over 20,000 phone calls to almost every state for the old quirky man. I can honestly say that I've talked to a LOT of voters, especially republicans. The sentiment really is that most Republican voters actually don't like Romney. When I was in Tampa Bay, I even met some people that were there because they wanted anybody BUT Romney for the nomination...LOL!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
When will people learn? Obama is a puppet.. Mitt is a puppet! We are so busy fighting over this and that.. And the whole time its an illusion!!

Obama has already been Selected. No one is elected..

Mitts whole campaign is a joke, and anyone who takes the elections seriously needs to wake up to the truth of the fact its only there to keep you all at ends with each other.

Sure we have different ideas and parties. But at the end of the day, who makes the real decisions?
edit on 19-9-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Dear elPresidente,

Thanks for the tip, I missed it. I'm getting sloppy in my old age, sorry.

But I noticed something in looking at the numbers, I started at Election Day and looked back. I gave up ehen I hit April. But in all those months, the only time Obama was behind was September 7-16. You probably noted that McCain was nominated on September 4, at the end of the Repulican convention. I wonder what other news made the numbers crazy for ten days.

Anyway, Obama had a more comfortable and longer lead over McCain than he's had over Romney.

Oh, for the poster (sorry, I forgot your name) who was sure that Obama was ahead by a lot in the polls. Gallup has Obama up by 1%, Rasmussen has him down by 1%, AP has him up by 1%. I suspect you're looking at polls which are outliers. This is a closer race for Obama than everyone seems to think.

But I do appreciate the strategy. Keep saying Romney has lost, over and over, even if it isn't true, to try and discourage Republicans so they don't vote. As I say, good political strategy, but a poor basis for a serious discussion.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Wait till the Debates.

Romney will embarrass himself and the GOP worse than Palin at a MENSA Meeting.

As far as I'm concerned,,,they're both dolts on the world stage.

As for MENSA...they are a bunch of dolts as well. I've have met many members and truth be told, I'm not really impressed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Well everything is relative I suppose.
Rmoney isn't much of an option and apparently americans just can't handle a third party.
*sigh*
Obama didn't shut down gitmo, bailed out big money and now will spend $352 billion (estimated cost) on the U.S. nuclear arsenal (5,113 warheads). This "overhaul" during a recession.
www.washingtonpost.com... tml
The rest of the world is ready for nuclear disarmament. But not USA!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Yep. They somehow managed to find an even bigger tool than McCain to prop up as a useless effigy of the GOP.

I was no fan of McCain...but in retrospect he looks like Ronald Reagan or JFK compared to Romney.

I keep hoping that the GOP bottoms out so they can recover what once made them great. We really do need the honest fiscal conservatives back....less the evangelical right and the fringe.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Just wait until the debates. Once the debates start and Romney is forced to answer, then he will look even more foolish than he does now; especially if he continues to give vague answers, change the subject and not let facts get in the way.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The economy has gotten better, we are out of Iraq, Bin Laden is dead and people are feeling better about things. People would like the economy to be better but, most people know that the President no matter who it is has little power to effect that. It is hard to campaign with, things have gotten better but they could have gotten more better with us.

Another problem is the GOP went so far right that they are having a hard time getting back to the center so now you have a candidate that has been back and forth on the issues so many times he is to far right for the center and to far left for the right. Trying to be all things to all people one second, and swinging right the next he has just come off as wrong to everybody. The problem is not just Romeny it is the entire GOP that needs to get its house in order and decide what it wants to be so it can be ready in 2016.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Just wait until the debates. Once the debates start and Romney is forced to answer, then he will look even more foolish than he does now; especially if he continues to give vague answers, change the subject and not let facts get in the way.

Yes, I agree. Obama disgustingly unAmerican but there is no denying how smooth that bastard is.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Stars for almost everyone who have opened their eyes.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Nope after this election they are going to go harder right. The religious whack jobs aren't gonna let go all that quickly. Maybe after 2016 they will start heading to the center again, I just don't see them doing it before that. All of this was bound to happen when Reagan adopted the religious right into the fold to win.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join