It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Evidence of modern day CHRISTIANITY being PAGAN!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oral tradition? John, Peter, and Matthew were there.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I meant to the writing and the scribing from which the NT took form.

One thing to bear in mind here, is that the error actually proves more than it disproves, if you can run the tape all the way through and watch "The Real Star of Bethlehem" video series again.

Blood red moon, the earth in eclipse - from the moon through the eclipse of the sun by the earth (backwards) -> Aries the two horned ram (remember Abraham and Isaac..?), Virgo, now with a FULL moon under her feet..

It's utterly extraordinary, because taken together with the birth signs, oh God, it's just too much to take in..

You have a choice though, you could dig in your heals over the darkeness report, or, see the divine order framing Jesus' life and Great Work, that's up to you now.. but I don't think you can have it both ways.

edit on 25-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

How would a lunar eclipse from 3 - 6 pm block out so much sunlight that the stars could visibly be seen? And as said, being Passover it was a full moon day so a solar eclipse is completely out of the question.

edit on 25-9-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It couldn't. Only a full solar eclipse by the moon causes that kind of phenomenon and even then I'm not sure stars can be seen. Just forget for a moment the idea of the sun being blocked out by some object (even if the hand of God) and take a look at what else has been presented to you.

But by all means quote the scripture which refers to the darkeness, I'm saying that part got written in to describe a perfect full solar eclipse (which only last for 7 minutes anyway) in exchange for an ACTUAL lunar eclipse (which can last for three hours).

Edit to add: Lunar, not solar ie: where the shadow of the earth crosses the moon causing it to appear blood-red.

edit on 25-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit for clarity

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

And as said, being Passover it was a full moon day so a solar eclipse is completely out of the question.

We're having a communication breakdown here. Watch the video series I posted, check the link I gave. Not a solar eclipse but PROOF of a lunar eclipse on the day of the cross and much MUCH more....!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

And as said, being Passover it was a full moon day so a solar eclipse is completely out of the question.

We're having a communication breakdown here. Watch the video series I posted, check the link I gave. Not a solar eclipse but PROOF of a lunar eclipse on the day of the cross and much MUCH more....!

I can watch it later, but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the lawyer/video talk about the Bethlehem star at Christ's birth? And who knows, there may have been a lunar eclipse that evening, but the darkness for 3 hours at midday could not have been a lunar eclipse. There can't be a lunar eclipse visible at 3 pm, and definitely not a 3 hour lunar eclipse. The darkness was so dark the stars were completely visible for 3 hours.

There is no scientific explanation, only a miraculous one.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No in the video he ended up also discovering the lunar eclipse of the cross, and it checks out, along with the work of others, also quoted. It's what actually took place, a lunar eclipse (do some research on it), which can occur over a three hour period, with the major part of the eclipse taking up to an hour. It happened, from the 3rd to the 6th hour. It is the only such eclipse during the governorship of Pontias Pilate and would have occured on Jesus' 33rd year, on Praparation Day (what is now for us by our calendar, Good Friday).

What's perhaps still MORE miraculous than that is how Jesus managed time and space leading up to the cross, and how his life was framed by the divine order of the cosmos, from birth, to the very HOURS of the cross.

It's a celetial frame - by far more impressive than a few hour darkening of the sun, which if this evidence is to be adopted, might need to be discarded in recognition of what happened to the gospel report on re-telling and re-writing.

What's gained is even MORE awesome than what is lost (slight error in the text).

edit on 25-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

But Jesus died in 32 AD., and was born between the 2nd and 9th of September 2 BC.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Srop, watch the videos, check the link, keep an open mind, you're close by you might be just shy of the cigar. Be open, it's part of being a Christian imho, is being open-minded and always ready to integrate new info and insight, never closed off based on what we presume to already know.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I'm talking about the SUN not giving it's light for 3 hours when Christ died. Darkness over all the land. It could not have been an eclipse.

How else would you explain it?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ruthlesstruth

You keep saying Modern Day Christianity. ( as does others in this thread) What do you consider Modern Day Christianity to be? From most of these posts it appears as if you are describing Catholicism and what it calls Christianity.

The Catholic belief does not represent the belief of all Christians. Many Christian beliefs are as far apart as night and day, east and west.

It seems from your Op you only have a problem with the name of Jesus possibly being mistranslated. You say they filled in the blanks with the Greek name for Zeus. So what? Does it really matter what you call him? I think not. That doesn't change what people believed about his teachings.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

I'm talking about the SUN not giving it's light for 3 hours when Christ died. Darkness over all the land. It could not have been an eclipse.

Hand of God. It's impossible to have a solar eclipse during the full moon phase.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Hand of God. It's impossible to have a solar eclipse during the full moon phase.

All I can say is that you've really missed out on something by far more extraordinary re: the celestial framing of Jesus' birth and Great Work by holding to the darkness account (at all cost), which might have been due to the hand of an over-reaching scribe or the alteration of the story as it ended up getting passed down to said writer or scribe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join