It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim cartoon of September 19th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

Yeah, I like how they tried to tell the US Government to censor Hollywood after that YT vid went viral.

WTF, over? The Muzzies think they can dictate what Hollywood puts out? WE can't even control that!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by aaaiii

I think the French are showing their total misconception of good sense ( buon senso ); people should boycott the magazine, no, instead, they made a record of selling...And these people who publish this stuff put their own people at risk for rude provocation. THIS, guys, THIS is the image we are transmitting to Islam. THINK about it just for one moment.
I think about it. We are telling them that we will not bow down before their false religion. We will not live under sharia. We will not accept dhimmitude. What do you want to say to them? "I submit, please don't kill me?"

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I believe that there should be millions of these types of cartoons made and we should all troll the middle east like crazy until they become so desensitized to it that they can finally become civil over trivial matters and make their own stupid cartoons bashing on non muslims in retaliation rather than behaving like barbaric fiends

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I don't think the "boobs" were such a big deal. I mean she might as well be a boy.

You're right though.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hopefully 3rd times a charm on your attempt with this thread.

I think most of us here agree that Freedom Of Speech is an essential aspect of a truly free society.
I support free speech, and these guys absolutely have the right to print these cartoons.

Knowing that my actions could potentially cause the death of my countrymen would require me to make damn sure that what I was doing was a justified and warranted action.

I just wonder if these guys at the magazine feel that way, or if they have other motivations?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I think a good cartoon war would be just fine, everyone's game. They don't like cartoons about their prophet and retaliate with a cartoon of their own. I can laugh at a joke, bring it on!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You will understand that such provocation does not help us, we don't gain anything good in doing that. Are you eager for conflict? Why should we act this way? If something happens in France now, they would have asked , loudly asked for it. Can you understand? It will never end, because they will have to answer against it, and than, we will have to, and than...and than...never ends.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Posted a link to this site in another thread - some of these cartoons give me a giggle.

www.jesusandmo.net...

Are these cartoons disrespectful?
Of course, possibly even irresponsible - but since when has either been illegal?

edit on 19/9/12 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Are you trying to start a Moly War? A Je-had?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

If something happens in France now, they would have asked , loudly asked for it

What, so if some extremist in Paris takes offence at these cartoons and decides to blow himself and several innocent, random strangers up 'France' would have asked for it and by extension deserve it?

It's only a bloody cartoon.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by DarthMuerte

You will understand that such provocation does not help us, we don't gain anything good in doing that. Are you eager for conflict? Why should we act this way? If something happens in France now, they would have asked , loudly asked for it. Can you understand? It will never end, because they will have to answer against it, and than, we will have to, and than...and than...never ends.

It's not provocation.

It is a statement: "Your silly murderous crazy temper tantrum will not work. We will not be cowed by your hate-filled rage against freedom of expression."

That is the good thing that comes out of publishing the silly cartoon. Can YOU understand?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

Obviously not meant for general audiences.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

He doesn't understand. He is a dhimmi in waiting. He is ready and willing to bow down before his muslim masters.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk

Originally posted by aaaiii
I think the French are trying to make a point about free speech ~ that the rest of the world is not going to be silenced by a group of barbarians.

But isn't a huge gamble? a bomb already exploded and they are closing embassies and school in 20 countries. What if people die on France soil regarding that cartoon ?

Then i'm sorry, but it just reinforces how backwards and barbaric they are and highlights how little faith they have in their faith. If you think you are going to be offended by it dont buy it or look at it. Dont go and buy or look to be offended. I think more countries and companies should do more like it, this is the West and we have freedom of speech, whether people like it or not, this should include mocking everyone as far as i'm concerned

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Some of them are so funny though

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Atleast now we get a chance to use the same freedom of speech laws to deny holocaust and tell the world how the Zionists exaggerated the death toll numbers during WW2.

Freedom of speech is a double edged sword i guess.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
Atleast now we get a chance to use the same freedom of speech laws to deny holocaust and tell the world how the Zionists exaggerated the death toll numbers during WW2.

You are absolutely correct. Just as the cartoonists used their freedom of speech to bring a little light to the dark world of Islam, you are free to use freedom of speech to tell the rest of the intellectual and civilized world what an idiot you are.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClicheCalvicade

You are absolutely correct. Just as the cartoonists used their freedom of speech to bring a little light to the dark world of Islam, you are free to use freedom of speech to tell the rest of the intellectual and civilized world what an idiot you are.

I might be an 'idiot' but the 'freedom of speech' allows me along with couple of neo-nazis to state our opinions in front of the israeli embassies all over the world right?
edit on 20-9-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
i think the muslims should have a chat to the irish. lets face it....they have had the most jokes made about them and i dont see them marching in the streets.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClicheCalvicade

I might be an 'idiot' but the 'freedom of speech' allows me along with couple of neo-nazis to state our opinions in front of the israeli embassies all over the world right?
edit on 20-9-2012 by forklift because: (no reason given)

So, you would use your freedom of speech to riot about a cause that belongs to neo-nazi groups, a group so intellectually void and sexually driven(and just like with Islam, a lot of these neo nazi's seem to have SEVERE parental issues), in front of an Israeli embassy? First of all, I don't think there are enough neo-nazi's to protest all over the world. Second of all, neo-nazi's are free to organize demonstrations as they have done in the past, and quite recently they held a big one in Arhus, Denmark. So your point is mute.

Moreover, your point is not only mute, but you don't seem to be able to tell the difference between inciting hatred(what neo nazi's and muslims do - you guys are so alike, why not group up?) and ridiculing a religion. Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, are all ridiculed on a daily basis, if not hourly. Yet you compare ridiculing a religion to demonstrating in front of an embassy. That's...special.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join